* * * * - 7 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#5401 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Is your argument really that since you traded in 4 "used" copies of a hard to find in new condition game that it must not be hard to find? Where's the correlation? You make it sound like just b/c a game dropped in price at retail stores before it went OOP that it's not rare. Wonder what you think about Pokemon games, Bayonetta (Wii U, before the Switch announcement), or Rock Band Band in a Box (actually, any Rock Band).

I don't think you're thinking much when you decided to type that.

You are trying way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room....all you’ve succeeded at doing is being the thread’s annoying asswipe

#5402 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   973 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:03 AM

How’d you get $300?

Months ago.

Since last years slim 500’s were $199 with Kohl’s cash back I’d figure it’d be similar this year, and even better they’re 1TBs with a pack in game. Wanted to unload my loud ass Pro anyway. I got the Xbox X so any PS4 I’d rebuy wouldn’t be my main system.

#5403 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6319 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:04 PM

I can confirm by looking at the new Dollar General ad that the GameStop card deal definitely ended on 11/10. It's now been replaced with a different deal where you can save $5 on a $30 purchase or save $10 on a $50 purchase of restaurant cards including Applebee's, Chili's, Domino's, IHOP, Taco Bell, and Wendy's cards. So, in other words, it's good for carb loading before standing in line at GameStop on Black Friday...or making the possibility of a cardiac event that much more likely. That deal ends on 11/17.

#5404 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6296 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

Dollar General stores have sent out a memo to not sell gift cards and not to honor the prices. Stores have signs on their doors that it's a mistake.

https://www.instagra...flwSMnCxXhud80/

#5405 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6319 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

Dollar General stores have sent out a memo to not sell gift cards and not to honor the prices. Stores have signs on their doors that it's a mistake.

https://www.instagra...flwSMnCxXhud80/

I don't have Instagram, so I can't view this. Sorry, I'm not a millennial.

#5406 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

I don't have Instagram, so I can't view this. Sorry, I'm not a millennial.

The account appears to be private, so unless you follow the person, you can't see it anyway.

#5407 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6296 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

The account appears to be private, so unless you follow the person, you can't see it anyway.

Oh my bad. It just shows the sign on a dollar General saying they aren't honoring the gift cards.

#5408 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6319 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:14 PM

Oh my bad. It just shows the sign on a dollar General saying they aren't honoring the gift cards.

That's when you take the ad to Target for a price match! ;)

#5409 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6296 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

As far as I know, no store PMs gift card promotions.

#5410 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6296 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

Double post

#5411 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:27 PM

Found a Spiderman PS4 CE just sitting on a shelf at my local GS.  Should I pick it up or does anyone think there might be a price drop this holiday season?  Got coupons to burn so was thinking that might be a good candidate.

#5412 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm sorry, this has probably been answered several times before...but do pre-owned power up rewards certificates work online as well as in-store? 

#5413 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

I'm sorry, this has probably been answered several times before...but do pre-owned power up rewards certificates work online as well as in-store?

No. There's different certificates that can only be used online.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

#5414 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

No. There's different certificates that can only be used online.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Drat.  Was hoping.  Ah well.

#5415 miamiheatnumber32   Champion CAG in Training   21 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

miamiheatnumber32

Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

You are trying way too hard to be the smartest guy in the room....all you’ve succeeded at doing is being the thread’s annoying asswipe

I disagree. doc_j88 is by far the most annoying asswipe on this forum.

#5416 Faithful   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Faithful

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:14 PM

My son has discovered Pokémon cards. Is the current 25% off for pro days about the best deal I will find this holiday season on them? I have lots of GS trade credit and would prefer to get him some cards there for as cheap as possible.

Last holiday season GS did a B1G2 free on collectables and some Pokemon boosters and boxes were included. Bought lots for my daughter. May keep an eye out in case they repeat it.

#5417 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

Well damn. I bought Firewall Zero the other day after hearing the decent reviews, but honestly, its not very good. Graphics are terrible, controls are bad, hit detecting is all over the place. Just didn't like it. Was hoping I could return it to gamestop since it was the "new" copy from the store shelves that they had already opened, but as I assumed, not going to happen. I still don't understand how they get away with that. 

#5418 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

Sorry if this has been asked but if I buy one of the games on sale today for store pickup and don't pick it up until tomorrow, I won't get the sale price, correct?

Thanks

#5419 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

I disagree. doc_j88 is by far the most annoying asswipe on this forum.

Six posts ?

Lol whose Alt are you ?

#5420 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:16 PM

Last holiday season GS did a B1G2 free on collectables and some Pokemon boosters and boxes were included. Bought lots for my daughter. May keep an eye out in case they repeat it.

Thanks for the info. I picked up a Pikachu/Evee pokeball set and a Pikachu pin set today. I’ll keep my eye out for this b1g2 deal if they have it again this year. I’m sure with him being 6 that many of them will get lost/destroyed.

#5421 Shojsauce   Owner of RewindReview CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:21 PM

anybody know if we can use rewards certs on pro day deals. Might go pick up injustice 2 legendary if I can take off the $10 from red dead.

#5422 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14276 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

anybody know if we can use rewards certs on pro day deals. Might go pick up injustice 2 legendary if I can take off the $10 from red dead.

No PUR certificates & Pro Day deals never stack.

#5423 audiomaxica1  

audiomaxica1

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

You will have to get employees to override.

Certs are like cash so you should be able to spend as such. The employees can manually deduct the amount.

I also recommend only buying the one item at a time with certs since their computer shows it is redeemed but you’ll have to show them it doesn’t take it off.

#5424 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:43 AM

You will have to get employees to override.

Certs are like cash so you should be able to spend as such. The employees can manually deduct the amount.

I also recommend only buying the one item at a time with certs since their computer shows it is redeemed but you’ll have to show them it doesn’t take it off.

Definitely YMMV for this. I went to get a new game on sale with my $10 cash cert from buying RDR2, but was shot down. I thought they might do the override for me, but one of them pulled out the ad to read the terms. I decided to just skip the game for now and just used the cert for a psn card.

#5425 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:02 AM

Xbox One X is apparently dropping to $399 from 11/18 yo 11/26. Hopefully we get another trade promo for consoles before black Friday (as I bet they're gonna have x1s and PS4 slim for $199, and we may not see another console trade promo for awhile).

#5426 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

if youre getting a ps4 i would definitely say get a slim because if they dont do backwards compatibility youll just be buying it to play a few ps4 games before next gen replaces it

and also, if ps5 is backwards compatible, its highly likely that those games will end up playing at ps4 pro settings on the ps5.

Who in their right mind sees the PS4 library and think there is “a few” games worth playing?

There are years worth of games just based on exclusives let alone everything else

#5427 InedibleFood  

InedibleFood

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:45 AM

I  traded in my 500GB XB1 S today and got $175 for it even though the site/apps estimates its worth at $100. I'm not complaining but is there some kind of promotion I missed or something?

#5428 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:00 AM

I  traded in my 500GB XB1 S today and got $175 for it even though the site/apps estimates its worth at $100. I'm not complaining but is there some kind of promotion I missed or something?

Website shows $175 for XB1 S 500GB.

#5429 InedibleFood  

InedibleFood

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:10 AM

Website shows $175 for XB1 S 500GB.

I see that now, didn't really check it again when I generated the estimate at like 2am. Is that a bit odd for the trade value to go back up though?

#5430 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:10 AM

Who in their right mind sees the PS4 library and think there is “a few” games worth playing?

There are years worth of games just based on exclusives let alone everything else

if someone is looking to get a ps4 in 2018 then they either have an xbox one or a pc

or theyre less of a cheapassgamer and more of a destituteassgamer