* * * * - 8 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#541 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3968 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:57 PM

There is no cash=credit in CA. We generally have a 70% bump in case there's a cash=credit promo.

#542 Formula65  

Formula65

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:04 PM

Nes classic controllers in stock in stores. Also found this for 1 cent.EA8D2584-43B7-4F90-A312-0B3DE728769F.jpeg

#543 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1216 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

Dumb question but does the Switch trade-in estimate via GS.com include the $30 bump promo?

Thanks.

No it does not

Whatever the value is add $30 to it to get the promotional value

#544 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2610 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

There is no cash=credit in CA. We generally have a 70% bump in case there's a cash=credit promo.

Except, it is only for electronics. So yes, they would get the cash=credit.

#545 DaimonMasaru   Burn in my fist, DigiSoul! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

DaimonMasaru

I know, but that's electronics.

#546 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:14 PM

Lol my post got removed O_o I guess Jewrye/Jurai's internet fans raged about it lol but shrike's post still remains, hmmmm, very interesting indeed...

If you really need someone to figure out why your post was removed, you're an even bigger dumbass than someone who brags about taking advantage of a glitch that no one knew about. 

Then again, most people who are against some race or ethnicity have no clue that they're in the wrong. 

#547 bluelightningduo  

bluelightningduo

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

I didn't know antisemitism was permitted on the site.   

#548 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

There should be a couple more words in front of hypocrite such as dumb, moronic and attention seeking whore (of a).

Nothing to see here, just Jurai virtue signaling as usual.

#549 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8384 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

No it does not

Whatever the value is add $30 to it to get the promotional value

Thank you. Not a bad value.

#550 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:34 PM

I bought some games online from the B2G1 sale, and one of them hasn't even shipped yet.  It will have been more then seven days before it even gets here.  Are they going to hassle me when I try to return it (because it's got no box perhaps)?

#551 b3mike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:56 PM

wow i’m jelly. i could have used the money from flips for rent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#552 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6741 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

https://www.cheapass...e-82#bottom_nav

It looks like nobody has posted on it for about a year now.

I used to update it when I worked there since I was able to get the in-store emails a few days before the conversions happened, but became harder to track once I quit.

Feel free to start another one if you'd like.

#553 Lumas101  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

Not to start a riot here, but I would love to know how people want to handle glitches in the future. I posted that I found a really huge glitch and wanted to know the best way to share it. Very few people even said anything at all. Of the ones who did, most either told me to sit on it so it didn't get blown out of hand like last year's Flipageddon, or were pretty clearly lurkers and scammers. I only responded to people who had a lot of positive feedback, had been members several years, and who had many recent posts. That was like two or three people who contacted me, total.

The way I see it from the reaction that it's now getting is that we should either just tell everyone everything (but loose lips sink ships) or don't even say anything at all, which sort of detracts from the point of having this forum at all.

I am truly sorry to anyone who just totally missed my post, to anyone I didn't tell who deserved to know, or anyone I told who didn't deserve to know. I truly doubt I'll ever be the one to find a glitch like that again, but I would love to know what I should do if it does happen.

#554 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

Don't tell anyone but casually brag about it over multiple posts.

#555 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2712 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:54 PM

I can start adding monthly SKU conversions here if people would like. Didn't know if that's something people would be interested in.

yes please.

I used to update it when I worked there since I was able to get the in-store emails a few days before the conversions happened, but became harder to track once I quit.

Feel free to start another one if you'd like.

https://www.cheapass...e-82#bottom_nav

It looks like nobody has posted on it for about a year now.

or, start reposting on this one again?

Seriously, miss those collectors editions for dirt cheap.  This was my main source of cool video game swag when they shut down all of the nintendo square club stuff.

#556 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:54 PM

Not to start a riot here, but I would love to know how people want to handle glitches in the future. I posted that I found a really huge glitch and wanted to know the best way to share it. Very few people even said anything at all. Of the ones who did, most either told me to sit on it so it didn't get blown out of hand like last year's Flipageddon, or were pretty clearly lurkers and scammers. I only responded to people who had a lot of positive feedback, had been members several years, and who had many recent posts. That was like two or three people who contacted me, total.

The way I see it from the reaction that it's now getting is that we should either just tell everyone everything (but loose lips sink ships) or don't even say anything at all, which sort of detracts from the point of having this forum at all.

I am truly sorry to anyone who just totally missed my post, to anyone I didn't tell who deserved to know, or anyone I told who didn't deserve to know. I truly doubt I'll ever be the one to find a glitch like that again, but I would love to know what I should do if it does happen.

Hey I sent you a DM about it.

I can start adding monthly SKU conversions here if people would like. Didn't know if that's something people would be interested in.

If you do decide to list them within this thread, I can try to keep as an updated list within the OP, if that would be helpful to everyone.

Really hoping these NSW games rebound. The base is the lowest I've ever seen...maybe this will force me to keep some games for the NSW console that I'll be getting soon  :D/

#557 Person808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:08 AM

If you really need someone to figure out why your post was removed, you're an even bigger dumbass than someone who brags about taking advantage of a glitch that no one knew about. 

Then again, most people who are against some race or ethnicity have no clue that they're in the wrong. 

Just posting this Slickdeals link because starlight was trying to say - Jewrye = Jurai.
Don't think they were trying to be racist.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=1127024

#558 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2648 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:12 AM

The GameStop thread in the CAG lounge was created to discuss things of this nature without lurkers seeing.

#559 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49875 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:37 AM

Just posting this Slickdeals link because starlight was trying to say - Jewrye = Jurai.
Don't think they were trying to be racist.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=1127024

Thank you for the clarification on that point.  Around here, it's always necessary to assume the worst until proven otherwise. 

#560 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:39 AM

Does the CAG Lounge still exist? I thought it went down the tubes during all the Blackbeard drama.

#561 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:45 AM

The GameStop thread in the CAG lounge was created to discuss things of this nature without lurkers seeing.

That's true.
Seems like the major concern today is if a great deal gets posted, one or two lurkers will grab it and post it on the big social sites. Due to that possibility it keeps deals from being posted which is a good portion of what this thread is for.

#562 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2648 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:52 AM

Does the CAG Lounge still exist? I thought it went down the tubes during all the Blackbeard drama.

Yep, Shopping Discussion -> CAGiversary Lounge

#563 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1287 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Hey, did anyone the Hylian Shield 2DS XL, and if so, how do you like it? Also, does it show at most stores in everyone's areas of the country? I want to get one, but probably won't have the funds for a month or so, and I just want to gauge demand. It seems like all stores in my area have units, so unless some mad rush happens for some reason, I should be OK.

Back to something GameStop related: I love the Hylian Shield 2ds xl. I'm keeping it new in box for now, praying there is a cover that fits it someday, just as I'm doing with the Pikachu model, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the demand will be limited, but who knows how many they made given its GameStop exclusive. Although, resellers can make $50-100 gross on it, so that may drive a shortage later.

#564 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:20 AM

Hey I sent you a DM about it.

If you do decide to list them within this thread, I can try to keep as an updated list within the OP, if that would be helpful to everyone.

Really hoping these NSW games rebound. The base is the lowest I've ever seen...maybe this will force me to keep some games for the NSW console that I'll be getting soon  :D/

Sitting on all top tier NSW games and some duplicates lol

If the NSW games don't rebound soon, I will most likely unload to Best Buy for GCU preorders. I don't want GS to increase their used stock of NSW games at crummy values with crummy promos and decide that is a great plan going forward :/

#565 Omni99  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

This kinda hits on the whole paradox here that has lead to almost all the drama in the last year. You can have either a forum where secrets are heavily guarded and almost no one gets them, or an open forum that shares info but risks that info being spread all over the place. But where you get into trouble is when you try to have a hybrid. Who decides what is post-able and what isn't? What happens when some members feel they are being shut out of the big kids table? They get frustrated, and perhaps if they get a hold of info they spread it everywhere because they feel it's wrong to be kept in the dark. And then when the deals dry up, info gets scarce again.

I'm not saying I have the solution or anything. In this particular case, I think if it was me I would have gotten my own orders in, and then waited a bit later and shared it. But I think they did catch on that night and fixed it, so there wasn't a whole lot of time really.

But I can't fault people who don't want to risk their deals going dry either. I might do the same in many cases. I just remain grateful for all the help I've gotten here and for all that I've come out ahead because of it. I'd love to know all the deals, but no one owes me any deals either.

Just my 2 cents.

#566 Theronm  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:41 AM

I think it was handled just fine imo by Lumas. Let people know there's something there (not specific enough that a mole could immediately figure it out) and be willing to share when contacted.

#567 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:49 AM

Well you sure picked a winner with Jurai! /s

#568 ghost1914  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

GameStop threads are like the Wild West on this site lol

#569 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:00 AM

i wanna trade in my elite xbox one controller. do i also need the paddles and thumbsticks or can i keep em?

#570 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

I think it was handled just fine imo by Lumas. Let people know there's something there (not specific enough that a mole could immediately figure it out) and be willing to share when contacted.

I agree. I think most of the beef is with Jurai and his bragging/hypocrisy.