* * * - - 32 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#7201 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

I have a question concerning the 3 for $15 deal.

So say my 3rd game is $11.99 but with the elite pro membership goes down to $9.59, does that count as part of the deal with elite price or does it count as normal price

And can I use a $10 preowned certificate for the $15 deal or is it going to go to one item only

Thanks for the help

Pre-PUR discount price only for x under $y for $z deals.

Not sure on the certificates, but I'd say be cautious.

#7202 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:12 AM

Picked up the last sealed katamari at my local store

#7203 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:16 AM

What is the big deal with katamari?

I plotted it's current price trend based on national stock availability and eBay price changes, based on previous titles that were GameStop exclusive with short print runs I calculate NIB sealed katamari to be selling at $400 on eBay by late February, GameStop price should adjust in later January in reaction to the trends, buy now or regret later

#7204 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

you do know they will reprint it right

#7205 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:44 AM

And here I was investing in pork bellies...

Mine was the pet rock. I'm still waiting for the resurgence to make millions lol

#7206 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 19.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

you do know they will reprint it right

So where is the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 PS4/XB1 Gamestop Exclusive reprint? Oh yeah that never happened.

#7207 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:53 AM

So where is the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 PS4/XB1 Gamestop Exclusive reprint? Oh yeah that never happened.

Yeah, for $30 I'm not taking the reprint chance

#7208 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:02 AM

Mine was the pet rock. I'm still waiting for the resurgence to make millions lol

I just invested $100k in slap bracelets.

#7209 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2889 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:39 AM

So you pick out one game out of every other exclusive they have had and argue there will be none? lol

#7210 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:51 AM

Seriously? Yeah, and you can buy it from GS for $40 right now. I did and got a pristine copy. What's your point exactly?

People seem disillusioned into thinking their physical copies are going to be worth gold down the road. Even as someone who buys only physical, I know well that demand or physical is dropping like a rock, and will continue to do so.

There ain't much of a market for your wares when the customer base generally isn't interested in buying them. In other words, you're delusional if you think gamers - even older adult gamers who have nostalgic feelings for Katamari - aren't in growing numbers just accepting the convenience of digital games.

The only physical releases worth their damn are going to be titles like Kojima's LE Metal Gear 3 Subsistence, but a PS2 game rereleased on PS4 - LOL - the one that'll hold value will be the pristine PS2 copy.

#7211 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:13 AM

fwiw I emailed bandai asking if they are gonna reprint it

#7212 Duke Joeseppi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Duke Joeseppi

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

If I trade in 2 switch games along with some Xbox games, do I get the extra 25% on the entire trade in or just on the switch games?

#7213 Dashey10  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

If I trade in 2 switch games along with some Xbox games, do I get the extra 25% on the entire trade in or just on the switch games?

Just the switch games.

#7214 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

I saw Victor Vran for the Switch was $19.99. I went to buy one and all they had was an open brand new one. Is this a common practice with them? I found it on Amazon for that price so I just ordered from there as it was a Christmas gift.

I did want a LEGO Undercover for the Switch and that was the only way GameStop had it so I bought it as it was for me.

#7215 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38863 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

I saw Victor Vran for the Switch was $19.99. I went to buy one and all they had was an open brand new one. Is this a common practice with them? I found it on Amazon for that price so I just ordered from there as it was a Christmas gift.

I did want a LEGO Undercover for the Switch and that was the only way GameStop had it so I bought it as it was for me.

Yes, Gamestop stores unfortunately love to save their unsealed display copies as the last "New" copy.

#7216 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:05 PM

Bandai wrote me back, not really an answer to the reprint question, but sharing regardless:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Bandai Namco Entertainment America products.

Unfortunately, this service (support@bandainamcoent.com) is primarily intended to provide limited gameplay assistance or technical/warranty support. As such we would not have any information regarding your inquiry. Unless the Gamestop retailers (specifically the corporate offices and not the stores the end users visit) made additional orders of this product, it's very possible that there won't be any additional copies of this product.

The only thing we'd be able to recommend is to check Gamestop's official website and see if the availability feature brings up stores in your area with copies of this title available.

Thanks,

Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Customer Support

#7217 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

I plotted it's current price trend based on national stock availability and eBay price changes, based on previous titles that were GameStop exclusive with short print runs I calculate NIB sealed katamari to be selling at $400 on eBay by late February, GameStop price should adjust in later January in reaction to the trends, buy now or regret later

Katamari Damacy REROLL for Nintendo Switch, right?

#7218 willworkforbits   Mark CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Bandai wrote me back, not really an answer to the reprint question, but sharing regardless:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, this service (support@bandainamcoent.com) is primarily intended to provide limited gameplay assistance or technical/warranty support. As such we would not have any information regarding your inquiry. Unless the Gamestop retailers (specifically the corporate offices and not the stores the end users visit) made additional orders of this product, it's very possible that there won't be any additional copies of this product.

The only thing we'd be able to recommend is to check Gamestop's official website and see if the availability feature brings up stores in your area with copies of this title available.

Thanks,

Now just email Gamestop about it and wait for about 6 months for a response.  Very quick turnaround on Bandia Namco's part!

#7219 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1742 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:43 PM

Bamco is too busy negotiating to get Goku in Smash than to answer us ants.

#7220 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

Yes, Gamestop stores unfortunately love to save their unsealed display copies as the last "New" copy.

It's especially bad during the Holidays. I've been in Gamestop stores a few times in the last week or so and every time I have seen them turn what would have been a new sale into a used simply because the new copy is gutted and the customer (logically thinking) why pay more for new, even it's only $5 when it's already open just like this slightly cheaper used copy. 

Dear Customer,

Thanks,

The stores near me still have copies. 

#7221 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 19.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

So you pick out one game out of every other exclusive they have had and argue there will be none? lol

There are plenty of different Gamestop exclusives that sell for significantly more than what the retail price was. Red Dead Redemption 2 Brass Zippo Lighter is another example that's recent but I'm not going to go through and list out everything for everyone just to prove a point.

The argument of Physical vs. Digital always comes back to the bottom line is that something is only worth how much someone is willing to pay for it. And one could argue at the end of the day that once the service is no longer available digitally then if your hardware fails then you have no way to re-download it onto new hardware depending upon the failure or if it can be repaired to still function. Whereas Physical just needs a simple replacement console regardless. Just because you bought digital doesn't guarantee you anything other than you purchased a license to play it as long as the service is available. If the service is no longer available then you no longer have access to the game, period.

#7222 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

It's especially bad during the Holidays. I've been in Gamestop stores a few times in the last week or so and every time I have seen them turn what would have been a new sale into a used simply because the new copy is gutted and the customer (logically thinking) why pay more for new, even it's only $5 when it's already open just like this slightly cheaper used copy. 

Better buy now!

2pgwb7.jpg

#7223 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1121 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 December 2018 - 10:00 PM

It's especially bad during the Holidays. I've been in Gamestop stores a few times in the last week or so and every time I have seen them turn what would have been a new sale into a used simply because the new copy is gutted and the customer (logically thinking) why pay more for new, even it's only $5 when it's already open just like this slightly cheaper used copy.

You do know their entire business model revolves around used sales right? Every used sale is way more profit for them, so by what you said, that’s a win for the customer (save 3 dollars) and a win for the store (profit 40 dollars).

I think if they could figure out a profitable way to only buy used copies from the publisher that’s what they would do. Of course the publisher isn’t going to give them a game for 15 which they can sell for 50. Only the exploitable consumers.

#7224 Duke Joeseppi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Duke Joeseppi

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:10 PM

Just the switch games.

I figured as much since there wasn’t any chatter about that in this thread. Thanks for the response.

#7225 dualrec  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

Damn UPS. They just don't care anymore. My nerf overwatch stuff came half soaked. Really want to raise hell, but they ain't gonna do shit about it. At least guns are good shape.
They look slick as hell in person for anyone wondering.

#7226 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:19 AM

Damn UPS. They just don't care anymore. My nerf overwatch stuff came half soaked. Really want to raise hell, but they ain't gonna do shit about it. At least guns are good shape.
They look slick as hell in person for anyone wondering.

I got the dva one when it was half off, can confirm, really nice

#7227 dualrec  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:25 AM

I got the dva one when it was half off, can confirm, really nice

Yep. I went all in on the half off. Got all 3 cause I must not like money.
Reaper box is worst, but damn the mask is pimp.

#7228 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:14 AM

Nice, I should've but I was coming off buying the genji and mercy statues and a bunch of nendoroid doubles

#7229 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2018 - 02:17 AM

Just sold 70 sealed copies of katamari for 100 each, taking a trip to the Maldives, bye guys

#7230 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2668 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 21 December 2018 - 03:18 AM

I've never traded anything to Gamestop, so maybe this is the place to ask questions. Since credit value is obviously better than cash, do they give you a gift card? Do you have to spend it all at once while you're there?