* * * * - 8 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#7261 krivas95  

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:18 AM

Did anyone else got charged today by gamestop? I haven’t ordered something from them in a long time and the only thing that comes to my mind is the diablo amiibo which is not supposed to release until next year? (No date has been confirmed so far) or did I just get hack?

#7262 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:45 AM

Did anyone else got charged today by gamestop? I haven’t ordered something from them in a long time and the only thing that comes to my mind is the diablo amiibo which is not supposed to release until next year? (No date has been confirmed so far) or did I just get hack?

Have you checked your gamestop account to see if something got charged there?

#7263 krivas95  

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

The ore order with the amiibos says processing and the payment method was PayPal. I checked my PayPal history and it says paid when I pre ordered, but then I got a new one today saying pending which is about a dollar more expensive than the previous one. Wtf? Did I get hacked?

#7264 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11674 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

My wireless connection on the PS4 Pro with 5 ghz wasn't great and was making online play suck. So I ended switch back to 2.4. Everything has been stable with no drops ever since.

I switch the Internet Connection option to 2.4 only.

#7265 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

Donkey Kong country freeze is trading for $30. With the 25% bump and elite pro makes it $43.50!

#7266 meatball2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

meatball2112

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:34 PM

I got charged for the Diablo amiibo

#7267 Omni99  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:04 AM

Did anybody ever get in trouble for reusing those coupons that stayed in their active offers? It's finally happened to me. It may be because they had to make some adjustments on the coupon at the POS, but it's still in my active offers.

#7268 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:43 AM

Did anybody ever get in trouble for reusing those coupons that stayed in their active offers? It's finally happened to me. It may be because they had to make some adjustments on the coupon at the POS, but it's still in my active offers.

In some cases the untrained cashier when doing a complicated adjustment or whatever manually punched in the coupons value, meaning it basically was considered unused, and next time you go to use it it will properly scan and disappear- no problem- you got a one time lucky double dip.

Another glitch is where it was used correctly the first time, where it stays in your offers list but is unscannable (rings up already redeemed or invalid?) and will stay there for like a month but you’d be pushing your luck pretending you didn’t use it and asking them to manually ring it especially if they see a recent transaction showing a manual $__ taken off on their screen.

#7269 srocky26  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:50 AM

In some cases the untrained cashier when doing a complicated adjustment or whatever manually punched in the coupons value, meaning it basically was considered unused, and next time you go to use it it will properly scan and disappear- no problem- you got a one time lucky double dip.

Another glitch is where it was used correctly the first time, where it stays in your offers list but is unscannable (rings up already redeemed or invalid?) and will stay there for like a month but you’d be pushing your luck pretending you didn’t use it and asking them to manually ring it especially if they see a recent transaction showing a manual $__ taken off on their screen.

Or the coupons scanned correctly on two different transactions. Happened to multiple people around BF.

#7270 Omni99  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:57 AM

Well, looks like I ended up in a scenario C like the people who had the other coupons before and reused them. I guess I'll join the list of people waiting to see if anything happens to them over it.

#7271 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:04 AM

Well, looks like I ended up in a scenario C like the people who had the other coupons before and reused them. I guess I'll join the list of people waiting to see if anything happens to them over it.

You should be fine. It happened to me on black Friday (Thursday) and today as well. I used a $10 cert this afternoon to purchase two hatchimal toys for my daughter with their current buy one get one 50% off promo. The two toys that I got her were $9.99 and $19.99. I thought it would take off $10 from the one that was $19.99 and then $5 off one of the two since they would be $9.99 each after the cert. To my surprise it took $10 just like I thought it would but then it took $9.99 off of the same toy which would be 50% off the original price of $19.99 making it free so all I paid was $9.99 for the one that was originally at that price. It didn't make sense but I wasn't going to argue. When I got back to my car I realized that the cert was still in my active offers so I thought I would just wait and use it whenever I went to gamestop again some other day but then I thought the hatchimals deal was to good to not do it again. I went into a 2nd gamestop tonight and used it again but it actually didn't work out like I hoped. This time I bought a $19.99 toy and a $17.99 toy. It took off the $10 from the $19.99 item and for some odd reason $7.20 from the $17.99 item. Now that I'm really thinking about it, it was actually a good deal because it could have easily just taken $5 off the item that was $9.99 since that was actually the lower priced item after using the cert. While still in the store I then proceeded to check my active offers and low and behold the cert was still there. I just said screw it and picked up UFC 3 for the Xbox One. Paid $10 for it after using the cert for the 3rd time. Checked my active offers again when I got back to my car and it was finally gone.

#7272 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14088 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago   Now streaming Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice live on Twitch

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:50 AM

^ Lol, I don't think it's the used market that's going to finally kill them, it's their own stupidity.

#7273 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:25 AM

Wow GS effed up my order big time for this order. I ordered Fate extella noble ed for PS4 and received the VITA ver today! I checked back on the website to make sure that I did indeed order the PS4 ver., which I did... 

I had to borrow a friends elite pro number to get the free 2 day shipping. I would've been pissed if this arrived late finding out it was the correct ver!

#7274 Viper X  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

All XB1 consoles are a $100 off.

https://www.gamestop...yxbcn1218,28zu0

#7275 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1171 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

Canceling online orders paid with trade credit is bad news, right? I should just wait for it to arrive then return?

#7276 sbaker44  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

I've been going back and forth about getting an xb1 again. Do any of these have physical copies?

#7277 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

Canceling online orders paid with trade credit is bad news, right? I should just wait for it to arrive then return?

Yeah do not cancel. For whatever reason, the credit does not go back to the card. I had to call in to resolve.

#7278 Troblin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

Yeah do not cancel. For whatever reason, the credit does not go back to the card. I had to call in to resolve.

I second this. Gamestop has robbed me of over 100$ worth of trade credit due to online order cancellations. Even calling has not rectified the situation. I got so frustrated I just gave up.

Only use credit card on gamestop.com.

#7279 Viper X  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

I've been going back and forth about getting an xb1 again. Do any of these have physical copies?

Not sure about which ones have a physical disc, but the Fall76 one mentions that it comes with a physical disc.

https://www.gamestop...6-bundle/167258

#7280 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:42 PM

I want to trade in forza horizon 4 but trade in for it is terrible everywhere but gamestop offer 27.... thinki can do better at the end of the month boost?

#7281 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1015 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 16 December 2018 - 06:42 PM

Related to this post:

https://www.gamestop...g-bundle/129227

If you could find it in store, that's pretty good for $141.97. Features a bunch of (probably digital) titles: Halo 5: Guardians, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rare Replay, and Ori and the Blind Forest. But the chances of finding one out in the wild is probably slim to none.

#7282 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

I have a $65 rewards certificate that I know I probably won't use by the end of the year. Can't decide if it's worth taking a gamble and hoping the tiv of the x1s will be >= $200 in the future, or just buy an snes classic and flip it when they get discontinued.

#7283 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:02 PM

just the fallout 76 bundle. xbox ones for some reason almost never include disc games

#7284 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1784 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

just the fallout 76 bundle. xbox ones for some reason almost never include disc games

Probably to push their agenda going all digital. They're in it for the long game. Once it gets introduced to someone, they may buy more seeing how easy it is would be my guess.

#7285 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5695 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:32 PM

Probably to push their agenda going all digital. They're in it for the long game. Once it gets introduced to someone, they may buy more seeing how easy it is would be my guess.

Nintendo does it as well so they must be in on the Global Conspiracy......

#7286 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

Long story short, I bought a psvr bundle on 12/4 for someone. Would I be able to take my receipt and get an adjustment? The person already opened and used the vr.

#7287 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:40 AM

Long story short, I bought a psvr bundle on 12/4 for someone. Would I be able to take my receipt and get an adjustment? The person already opened and used the vr.

I've just brought in a receipt for a game and collectible in the past and have gotten the difference within the 30 day window. They may only give the difference back in a gift card, but you might be able to get original form of payment, YMMV.

#7288 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:46 AM

store credit would be acceptable!

#7289 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:23 AM

So a buddy of mine bought Horizon Zero Down, Uncharted 4 and the Drake Collection for me using my trade credit on Black Friday, but the idiot got used copies for the Uncharted games instead of new sealed ones and spent more of my credit than he should have. Will I have any trouble getting my credit back and/or getting new copies of the games I wanted?

#7290 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2656 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:38 AM

So a buddy of mine bought Horizon Zero Down, Uncharted 4 and the Drake Collection for me using my trade credit on Black Friday, but the idiot got used copies for the Uncharted games instead of new sealed ones and spent more of my credit than he should have. Will I have any trouble getting my credit back and/or getting new copies of the games I wanted?

You can get your money back since it's under 30 days but I doubt they'll give you a new one for the black Friday price