* * * * - 11 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#7651 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

Wild guns reloaded was a limited exclusive release that couldn't be found for a few months after the initial print run. The used copies are not hard to find around $24. Seems like people are trying to create false hype over katamari. It's available to download as well.

I never played the original version because I didn't have the system, but I did try the switch demo, and what's up with the controls or lack there of.

#7652 elessar123  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:08 PM

Wild guns reloaded was a limited exclusive release that couldn't be found for a few months after the initial print run. The used copies are not hard to find around $24. Seems like people are trying to create false hype over katamari. It's available to download as well.

I never played the original version because I didn't have the system, but I did try the switch demo, and what's up with the controls or lack there of.

Actually, it had a reprint.

#7653 Bob Dole  

Bob Dole

Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:49 PM

Woot! extremely lucky but my local store always comes through.  I asked them last weekend if they could get a copy of Reroll transferred to there store.  Sure enough they came through today and managed to get a sealed copy.  

#7654 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

BB got himself thrown off for being a troll.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

And thats a good thing!

#7655 Jurai  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

Katamari is much larger than wild guns c'mon, I already sent Harvard 100 sealed katamaris and they agreed to provide my children a 100% ride

#7656 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:15 PM

Lol these values are straight garbage. Who the hell is trading red dead or smash for 21, or a dual shock 4 for 14 bucks?

#7657 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

Katamari is much larger than wild guns c'mon, I already sent Harvard 100 sealed katamaris and they agreed to provide my children a 100% ride

I hope you or your imaginary college kids enjoy the free ride in the community college of Harvard Nebraska. The provost likes the door stops you sent .

Since you know the people at Bandai namco, tell them to fix the controls. They are pretty horrible and not responsive.

#7658 willworkforbits   Mark CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

Lol these values are straight garbage. Who the hell is trading red dead or smash for 21, or a dual shock 4 for 14 bucks?

They are so bad I'm listing what I have on eBay in a few days.

#7659 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

The people I saw in the hood when I was getting the last copy of Katamari Damacy in the city.  One guy tried trading in some Aliexpress emulation thing. 

#7660 Troe123  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:49 PM

I didn't get an email this time either here in CA that says 70%. Has anyone actually traded in and gotten it yet?

I didn't see a response to this. But I can confirm, for myself, that there was a +50% CA bump (+20%=+70% from elite) yesterday on 12/27.

#7661 BLAZETIGER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:00 PM

I didn't see a response to this. But I can confirm, for myself, that there was a +50% CA bump (+20%=+70% from elite) yesterday on 12/27.

Thanks for posting this. I've called around and all the stores say there is no such deal. Figured they wouldn't know as it's probably an automatic bump.

#7662 jenetic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for reporting. Still don't see what the fuss is about when base is so low. $50 games are trading at $21. With the bump that gets you to $33 which was the base a few weeks ago. This is GS BS! 

#7663 Troe123  

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for reporting. Still don't see what the fuss is about when base is so low. $50 games are trading at $21. With the bump that gets you to $33 which was the base a few weeks ago. This is GS BS! 

There's a few ways to look at it.

Here's one. It's a decent way to get the best price on games that don't go on sale, assuming used is acceptable.

#7664 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

The people I saw in the hood when I was getting the last copy of Katamari Damacy in the city. One guy tried trading in some Aliexpress emulation thing.

You mean the souljaboy knockoff system? Nintendo is going to have a field day with that one! :D

#7665 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

You mean the souljaboy knockoff system? Nintendo is going to have a field day with that one! :D

No. Not even worthy of being that

#7666 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2012 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:11 PM

i don't mean flip but sell them on like facebook/offerup

Sounds like flipping to me

#7667 GrimmTrixX   Shoryuken! CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

Unsure if it's been mentioned, but Strategy guides at GS are currently 50% off.

Guest_superleaf444_*

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

You know, I often have loses at GameStop. But the wins are sweet. Just got a Wii U game for $1 brand new in the wrap. It is Star Fox Guard. And also ZombiU for $3. 🤣

#7669 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3561 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

And thats a good thing!

Spotted one of the butthurt people who didn't get sheets access.

#7670 BLAZETIGER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:08 AM

Let me break it down for you. With the current B2G1 deal u can get 3 games for @ $88 plus tax with Elite Pro.

At $21 + 70% bump it comes out to $35.70 trade in per game. Trade in two games for $71.40.

$94 (w/taxes) - $71 = @ $23 for a game.

Not a money maker, but considering my boys just got a Switch it's an easy way to get Nintendo exclusive games that hardly go on sale for $23 (using only store credit).

There are stores practically next to each other so it only takes some planning and a few minutes.

#7671 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:30 AM

You know, I often have loses at GameStop. But the wins are sweet. Just got a Wii U game for $1 brand new in the wrap. It is Star Fox Guard. And also ZombiU for $3.

they should have paid you to take those games ;)

#7672 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:27 AM

Went to a no cash store for the 50% boost and the place was mobbed. They were telling everyone about the B2G1 but they were totally wiped out of switch games. They should be paying more especially this time of year to replenish the shelves. Traded some stuff I have been holding out for a bonus on but pretty much everything dropped further recently. The only solid value I saw was DS3 controllers (got 25.50 for a few). 

Guest_superleaf444_*

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:55 AM

they should have paid you to take those games ;)

I heard they were good depending. But yeA I know it maybe a miss

#7674 Jurai  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:51 AM

I hope you or your imaginary college kids enjoy the free ride in the community college of Harvard Nebraska. The provost likes the door stops you sent .
Since you know the people at Bandai namco, tell them to fix the controls. They are pretty horrible and not responsive.

Haven't played it yet, not gonna devalue my gold nuggets

#7675 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

Seem to recall someone posting about the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition, which I just bought as well. Looks like it's now being sold online with a $10 GS giftcard. Not sure if that applies in store as well or how that promo usually works. Just FYI in case any recent purchasers wanna get in on that.

#7676 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:21 AM

Seem to recall someone posting about the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition, which I just bought as well. Looks like it's now being sold online with a $10 GS giftcard. Not sure if that applies in store as well or how that promo usually works. Just FYI in case any recent purchasers wanna get in on that.

I still trying to figure out if anything beyond the base game is worth it. I loved the new tomb raiders (1-2) but unsure if should get a deluxe version if I won’t play multiplayer or care about gear

#7677 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

I heard they were good depending. But yeA I know it maybe a miss

They’re fun games. Probably two of the better games that use the GamePad in a unique way.

#7678 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:02 AM

Someone post the Newegg deal on select games. May help those who want fallout 76 and other games. EMCERRY43 at checkout for 50% off fallout 76 and other games.

#7679 jenetic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Let me break it down for you. With the current B2G1 deal u can get 3 games for @ $88 plus tax with Elite Pro.

At $21 + 70% bump it comes out to $35.70 trade in per game. Trade in two games for $71.40.

$94 (w/taxes) - $71 = @ $23 for a game.

Not a money maker, but considering my boys just got a Switch it's an easy way to get Nintendo exclusive games that hardly go on sale for $23 (using only store credit).

There are stores practically next to each other so it only takes some planning and a few minutes.

Yeah, I get all that. But if you don't have Elite, this doesn't make sense. And earlier in the thread, there were a few posts suggesting this is a great flipping opportunity. It's not. In your example, someone who only has pro is paying $40 for the game they keep. Big deal.

#7680 filldoh1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Why is everyone acting like this is the first time GameStop has done this.
Most b2g1 with Csac they tank values. They go back up after the promos are over. Hold the games for two weeks and you are fine. If you paid any attention(even badly) you know what games always have the high values. When they need trade ins in January they’ll go back up to normal