* * * * - 8 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#7981 spug21   professor cheap cheap CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

thanks just tweeted to SD

I was just trying to help

#7982 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

So what is up with Gamestops shipping on pre-orders? I have the KH3 PS4 Pro pre-ordered, initially went with the Free Edge shipping, thought maybe that's not the best option and called them today to inquire how much to upgrade to release day shipping.

They said the only options they had were 1 day ($28.99) 2 day ($20.00) and the Edge shipping I currently had. So even if I pay basically $30 I wouldn't receive the item until Saturday or Monday, depending on carrier?

#7983 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

They said the only options they had were 1 day ($28.99) 2 day ($20.00) and the Edge shipping I currently had. So even if I pay basically $30 I wouldn't receive the item until Saturday or Monday, depending on carrier?

If you think GameStop's 1-day shipping means 1 day you've got another thing coming pal. I just got a game after a week and a half with free 2-day shipping. Their system is so broken it's nuts.

#7984 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

If you think GameStop's 1-day shipping means 1 day you've got another thing coming pal. I just got a game after a week and a half with free 2-day shipping. Their system is so broken it's nuts.

I mean if it doesn't get to me in a day at least I can call and get the shipping portion refunded I would imagine. Just BLOWS my mind that a corporation built solely around gaming can't manage release day shipping on pre-orders, when pre-orders are what they always push.

Meanwhile I can buy a $5 pack of batteries from BB and since I'm Elite Plus - free 2 day shipping. Same for Target. But Gamestop, to get a console that's exclusive to them, is $30 to MAYBE get it the day after release, on an item that wasn't even offered to pre-order in store (Yes I'm aware some people managed it, but from what was posted it sounds like it wasn't really supposed to be an option)

#7985 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1285 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

South Park fractured but whole switch "new" is a better-than-breakeven points to trade credit flip

Edit: (for elite)

#7986 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1146 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

Back in September or October GS had a "buy 3 $9.99 games for $20" and it didn't stack with PUR. it was just $19.99 plus tax. Does anyone remember that? I'm akskng cause I never had that happen before and I'm wondering if the 2 for $20 is stacking with PUR for everybody with no issues.

#7987 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14328 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

When did the 50% extra TC end? Forgot I bought AC odyssey and since I wont be playing it for a while I was gonna trade it in.

New Year’s Day

#7988 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

Back in September or October GS had a "buy 3 $9.99 games for $20" and it didn't stack with PUR. it was just $19.99 plus tax. Does anyone remember that? I'm akskng cause I never had that happen before and I'm wondering if the 2 for $20 is stacking with PUR for everybody with no issues.

PUR has always stacked for me in the past. $4 for $10 ($8 w/ Elite PUR), 4 for $20 ($16 w/ Elite PUR), etc. For this deal, it should be 2 for $16 for you w/ Elite PUR or 2 for $18 w/ regular PUR.

#7989 Alexpguy  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

South Park fractured but whole switch "new" is a better-than-breakeven points to trade credit flip

Just Dance 2018 is the same ($15 new, $15 TIV)

#7990 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

Just Dance 2018 is the same ($15 new, $15 TIV)

Just because I already see the lame procrastinator posts tomorrow...

If anyone is planning to do this flipping, DO IT TODAY and not tomorrow, when of course, the TIV is going to go way down.

#7991 Viper X  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Side note. I haven't seen any Southwest cards at my local stores lately. I remember they said they removed some cards in December. Has anyone seen Southwest cards lately?

These are the gift cards that I saw today at my Gamestop in the mall. Southwest on the bottom row. Sorry for the blurriness, my phone is old.

vgr2g8.jpg

#7992 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:48 PM

If anyone is planning to do this flipping, DO IT TODAY and not tomorrow, when of course, the TIV is going to go way down.

I said the same thing last time switch games were getting super high tiv's, and yet people came the next couple days and complained that tiv's dropped.

#7993 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

These are the gift cards that I saw today at my Gamestop in the mall. Southwest on the bottom row. Sorry for the blurriness, my phone is old.

vgr2g8.jpg

The problem is that they don't inform the staff of when GCs are removed from their system. So there will be ancient stuff that doesn't ring up at all still on the rack.

#7994 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

You should be able to get $36 cash locally for those Switch games so maybe hold on and play them and love em until the March prestige day.

#7995 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

You should be able to get $36 cash locally for those Switch games so maybe hold on and play them and love em until the March prestige day.

Both Ubisoft South Park games are fantastic RPGs (the second one is a strategy/tactical RPG). So unique, visually and story-wise... and although I don't like to admit it most of the time, Just Dance games can be VERY fun.

#7996 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

Don’t forget you get the gold coins for the cartridges too if you care about that.

#7997 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   987 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Tired: No Fap November

Wired: No Pawn Jawn-uary

#7998 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

Don’t forget you get the gold coins for the cartridges too if you care about that.

Only within a year of game release, apparently. Discovered that to my dismay when I finally got to get a Switch and the network informed me that my brand new copies of Odyssey and Kart were ineligible.

#7999 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Only within a year of game release, apparently. Discovered that to my dismay when I finally got to get a Switch and the network informed me that my brand new copies of Odyssey and Kart were ineligible.

South Park came out in April.

#8000 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

South Park came out in April.

He may be talking about Just Dance 2018

#8001 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:40 PM

What's the impetus for the TIV drop? Don't have any current gen stuff to trade (well, I do, but plan to sell vs trade to GS), just curious.

#8002 Omni99  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

And of course all stores near me are already cleaned out lol.

#8003 Omni99  

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:46 PM

Thanks for the responses on this, I was getting a bit worried but it looks like they are still out there. Just need a restock near me.

#8004 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

What's the impetus for the TIV drop? Don't have any current gen stuff to trade (well, I do, but plan to sell vs trade to GS), just curious.

I’m just speaking of the Just Dance 2018/South Park: TFBW flip. They both went on sale for $14.99 today and trade in for $18 with elite. Trade values will most likely fall to the $6/7 range tomorrow after the system adjusts for the price drop.

#8005 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for the responses on this, I was getting a bit worried but it looks like they are still out there. Just need a restock near me.

Some stores are lazy and throw “extra” gift cards into a drawer or some box in the back. Be sure to ask if they have them somewhere else.

#8006 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

I remember it. It was the same time as the video game day bump because I remember doing that purchase with the big TIV bump in Sept.  It stacked for me.

#8007 McNednarb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

McNednarb

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

Finally got a response regarding an unshipped third game from the recent B2G1 - order was cancelled and “refunded”, however, the value of the game was 0.00.

Assuming I’m outside of the return window of seven days for a used game. Wondering what options are, has anyone else had a similar experience?

#8008 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

Saw on the CAG Twitter that "@Play" brand PS3 controllers are on sale for under $5. Any opinions on them? Dont see much in the way of reviews.

#8009 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

Finally got a response regarding an unshipped third game from the recent B2G1 - order was cancelled and “refunded”, however, the value of the game was 0.00.

Assuming I’m outside of the return window of seven days for a used game. Wondering what options are, has anyone else had a similar experience?

Online orders are 30 days even for pre-owned games. You're probably screwed on the b2g1 but you can return the other 2 if they're within that window. I've had entire orders canceled and not refunded before for stiff like that so I feel your pain.

#8010 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3982 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

Saw on the CAG Twitter that "@Play" brand PS3 controllers are on sale for under $5. Any opinions on them? Dont see much in the way of reviews.

If they're anything like their 360 & XB1 controllers, skip them.  The analog sticks and buttons wear down too quickly on those compared to even the PowerA controllers.  I would only get them if you're selling off a system and need a controller to go with it or testing the system.