* * * * - 12 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#8131 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:54 AM

Looks like only the 8gb one went down. Why would you ever buy an 8gb one lol?

My local GS only had the white one in stock. I didn't want to order it online because I wanted to check the condition in-person before I bought it. The 8GB is a non-issue if you just use an external HDD.

*EDIT*

This is all besides the point. I'm asking a simple yes or no question: does Gamestop do price adjustments?

#8132 genesis49  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:55 AM

Because regardless of which version you buy you will need an external hard drive,so might as well save $30

#8133 TooManyGamez  

TooManyGamez

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:33 AM

My local GS only had the white one in stock. I didn't want to order it online because I wanted to check the condition in-person before I bought it. The 8GB is a non-issue if you just use an external HDD.

*EDIT*
This is all besides the point. I'm asking a simple yes or no question: does Gamestop do price adjustments?

You could try asking, but I'm pretty sure you could also return if its preowned (not sure about refurb and/or the fact it's a console, only ever done it with games) and rebuy. Hasnt been over 7 days.

#8134 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1042 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:15 AM

*EDIT*

I have had success with new products bought in store, haven't tried with pre-owned or items purchased online. I would guess if it's within the return period they could offer a gift card for the difference.

#8135 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5486 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:25 AM

Hackers have compromised GameStop
If you are sitting on points you make yourself a target
Use your points on games or digital cards
Do your best to turn points into credit
Aka 9.97 No mans sky into $12 credit. Used a few 10k easy transfer
Same with $14.99 crew 2 ...easy 15 to $15

Anything to substantiate that claim other than a few panicked posts? They've had credit card info compromised last year, but I don't see any reason to believe there's been a recent vulnerability.

#8136 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Probably a matter of not knowing how.

Plenty of people know how and simply choose to not share or speak of this knowledge because of past events.

#8137 Jurai  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:07 AM

What's actually involved in cashing out the points into Google cards etc, do they need your credentials or just your power up number because that's pretty weird that all of you got hit

#8138 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:51 AM

Does anyone know if the 7 day money back guarantee  starts the day tracking shows your item has arrived at your door or the day you ordered online? I got one of the $80 new 3ds units but the shipping says it'll be 8 days.  As far as I'm aware the 30 day guarantee is only for replacement rather than your money back, which is going to get a bit hairy given the obscurity of non-XL sized "New" 3DS units at Gamestop and in the US in general.

#8139 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

What's actually involved in cashing out the points into Google cards etc, do they need your credentials or just your power up number because that's pretty weird that all of you got hit

It's all an attempt to get people to use their points. I claim conspiracy.

#8140 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3742 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:10 AM

Got a call today saying I could pick up Kingdom Hearts III the night before AND if I came in early I would be more likely to get the fabric poster... Umm I should get that regardless of when I show up since it is a pre-order bonus and not some "first come first serve" type thing. Inb4 they give it away to somebody else.

#8141 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

Has anyone seen any Bendy's for the Switch in store? None near me so far.

It has been online for order for a few days and I was waiting for an in store option because I don't get charged tax on trade credit if I buy in store. 

#8142 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Does anyone know if the 7 day money back guarantee starts the day tracking shows your item has arrived at your door or the day you ordered online? I got one of the $80 new 3ds units but the shipping says it'll be 8 days. As far as I'm aware the 30 day guarantee is only for replacement rather than your money back, which is going to get a bit hairy given the obscurity of non-XL sized "New" 3DS units at Gamestop and in the US in general.

I believe it is from when it is marked as “delivered”

#8143 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

Has anyone seen any Bendy's for the Switch in store? None near me so far.

It has been online for order for a few days and I was waiting for an in store option because I don't get charged tax on trade credit if I buy in store. 

I've heard that stores haven't gotten restocked on the Switch version yet, just PS4 and Xbox One. There are none available anywhere in stores looking at the site. I'd imagine if stores get restocked it'll be within the next week. My interest has been peaked on this game now though so I also want to pick up a copy on Switch. 

#8144 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

This happened to me in August. Someone redeemed all my saved points on 6 $10 psn cards. I didn't even bother to call corporate. It's not worth the hassle.

you should get your points back my friend. the call took maybe 10 minutes, and you are the rightful heir to those sweet psn bucks. that backlog isn't going to grow itself ;)

#8145 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1493 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

you should get your points back my friend. the call took maybe 10 minutes, and you are the rightful heir to those sweet psn bucks. that backlog isn't going to grow itself ;)

The psn codes are redeemed. Wont they just tell me they cant prove I didn't use them. I thought about contacting sony and saying those codes were stolen hoping maybe the psn account that redeemed them would get banned but they were most likely sold on ebay. I have a feeling it was related to the hack. Honestly it's my fault for not changing my password. I'll probably try but I'm worried since they'll just shut my account down and I have about 55k points currently.

#8146 Maneru  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

Got a call today saying I could pick up Kingdom Hearts III the night before AND if I came in early I would be more likely to get the fabric poster... Umm I should get that regardless of when I show up since it is a pre-order bonus and not some "first come first serve" type thing. Inb4 they give it away to somebody else.

Ive pre-ordered dozens of games from gamestop over the last 3 years. I've only actually got the pre-order bonus items I was supposed to get once. I actually got the poster for smash ultimate. 

#8147 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

My guess is the store is just letting people know its in their best interest to get it at the 9pm. I know my store got like 80 of the fabric posters. The posters were while supplies last. Now, we have way more posters than preorders, but you're store might not have been as lucky.

#8148 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

32GB is not really enough any way.  I got the 8GB because 1) I liked the white color (personally, I think the scratches are less noticeable on the white one); and 2) I'd rather save the money because the extra $50 (at the time) was not worth the extra few GBs, considering I'd need an external anyway.  

#8149 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2273 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

32GB is not really enough any way.  I got the 8GB because 1) I liked the white color (personally, I think the scratches are less noticeable on the white one); and 2) I'd rather save the money because the extra $50 (at the time) was not worth the extra few GBs, considering I'd need an external anyway.  

Also the white one will probably end up being more 'rare' and have a higher value as time goes on - if youre into that sort of thing.

#8150 dorath  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone know if the 7 day money back guarantee  starts the day tracking shows your item has arrived at your door or the day you ordered online? I got one of the $80 new 3ds units but the shipping says it'll be 8 days.  As far as I'm aware the 30 day guarantee is only for replacement rather than your money back, which is going to get a bit hairy given the obscurity of non-XL sized "New" 3DS units at Gamestop and in the US in general.

The clerk tried telling me that it was from date shipped and I told them that was impossible. 
After a few seconds of staring at each other, he said he would do it as a one time favor.
The store I went to was a Prestige Store so you would think they would care more about customer service.
Obviously, ymmv. 

#8151 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

The clerk tried telling me that it was from date shipped and I told them that was impossible.
After a few seconds of staring at each other, he said he would do it as a one time favor.
The store I went to was a Prestige Store so you would think they would care more about customer service.
Obviously, ymmv.

I never understand why some GameStop clerks act like it's a privilege to be a GameStop customer. Such a shitty experience.

#8152 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5040 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

There is one Gamestop that I go to sometimes that just does not understand their own return policy. It's always the same lady, too--I swear she's the only person that works there. I've returned some new games before and every single time she gives me a hard time about it being beyond 7 days. The problem with that is that is the used return policy, not new. I have argued; I have shown the return policy on the receipt; I have shown the return policy as stated on the website. This woman just will not listen and always pulls the "I'll do you this favor just this once" bit. I struggle with people being objectively wrong and not recognizing it, so these types of situations drive me crazy! 

#8153 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

I never understand why some GameStop clerks act like it's a privilege to be a GameStop customer. Such a shitty experience.

As a former Gamestop ASM I can tell you that a lot of Gamestop employees love saying things like this or "Should have pre-ordered" when they sell out of some obscure release that they only were sent 1-2 copies. 

#8154 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

There is one Gamestop that I go to sometimes that just does not understand their own return policy. It's always the same lady, too--I swear she's the only person that works there. I've returned some new games before and every single time she gives me a hard time about it being beyond 7 days. The problem with that is that is the used return policy, not new. I have argued; I have shown the return policy on the receipt; I have shown the return policy as stated on the website. This woman just will not listen and always pulls the "I'll do you this favor just this once" bit. I struggle with people being objectively wrong and not recognizing it, so these types of situations drive me crazy! 

That is one of my biggest pet peeves with companies. I hate when they pull that, and act like they are doing you this huge favor by honoring the company policy. 

#8155 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

GameStop tweeted something about double points.

#8156 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Is free 2-day shipping for Elite pro members no longer valid? Been trying since last night to buy something and it still comes up as $11. I had no problem with getting free 2 day on an order I placed a couple days ago.

#8157 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37424 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Is free 2-day shipping for Elite pro members no longer valid? Been trying since last night to buy something and it still comes up as $11. I had no problem with getting free 2 day on an order I placed a couple days ago.

I've seen that a few times, and there are two possible solutions:

1) Log out then back in and try to check out. If you don't see Free 2-Day Shipping, try again (up to 3-4 times).

2) Wait a few hours because Gamestop's website is archaic and prone to crapping out.

#8158 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3742 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

GameStop tweeted something about double points.

https://twitter.com/...0975529984?s=19

Wonder how that works for preorders. Have both Kingdom Hearts Deluxe and PS4 Pro pre-ordered. Already paid for both. That's nearly 30k points right there, but I feel like they fight somehow screw people out of that if they pre-ordered something.

#8159 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

Wonder how that works for preorders. Have both Kingdom Hearts Deluxe and PS4 Pro pre-ordered. Already paid for both. That's nearly 30k points right there, but I feel like they fight somehow screw people out of that if they pre-ordered something.

I don't think you get points on pre-orders until you pick it up after release, IIRC, so you should be good

#8160 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Anyone pick up a WiiU for $80? Condition? I'm curious if I should pick up the one I have on hold or wait for CL deals.