* * * * - 13 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#9121 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10174 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:07 PM

Anything I need to do with my PS4 Pro before trading it in besides resetting/initializing it?

Typically I dust my consoles off so they feel less inclined to hit me with a refurb fee-- YMMV

#9122 trekker87  

trekker87

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:08 PM

Guys, this is kind of big, but I just found out that Amazon apparently doesn't seem to care if the DLC from something is included at all, as long as the cover art matches. I picked up a copy of Destiny pre-owned at GameStop (2.99 before elite) and made sure it was one that had the Destiny The Collection cover art (disc is the same, cover isn't). I traded it to Amazon as Destiny The Collection for like $10 at the time, super easy flip. Probably works on both XBox and PS4. Easy way to turn a few bucks at GameStop into a lot more at Amazon.

#9123 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Anything I need to do with my PS4 Pro before trading it in besides resetting/initializing it?

I forgot to deactivate my PS4 when I traded it in. So get that done first.

#9124 FriendsofSonic  

FriendsofSonic

Seriously?? Guhh I work tomorrow

yeah confirmation is at the bottom of page 1.  Work sucks, but no Switch is the real boner killer.

https://www.gamestop...ProDay_0219.pdf

#9125 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10174 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

yeah confirmation is at the bottom of page 1. Work sucks, but no Switch is the real boner killer.

Shoot, there it is, thanks for digging into this for us

#9126 FriendsofSonic  

FriendsofSonic

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

So I’m confused with something, did we just need to buy anything yesterday for the B2 or did it have to be a game per se?? (GS is always vague about shit like this)

Well I bought a Boo beanbag do that better trigger the coupon. It was in the damn ad.

Fvck yeah, you guys are fine. Ad just says "Make a purchase today, 2/23"

#9127 bluelightningduo  

bluelightningduo

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

Is it true that the ladies love the Boo beanbag?

#9128 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

yeah confirmation is at the bottom of page 1. Work sucks, but no Switch is the real boner killer.

No switch??? Wha??????!!!

#9129 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Cag16 dead? Wtf gamestop

#9130 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10174 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Is it true that the ladies love the Boo beanbag?

It looks so comfortable and I'm willing to bet it offers a really nice position to bang

#9131 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

No switch??? Wha??????!!

#9132 trekker87  

trekker87

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

No switch??? Wha??????!!!

Gross, I'll have to buy games to...play *shudders*

#9133 FriendsofSonic  

FriendsofSonic

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

Anyone know if they take a ps3 that powers on and plays digital games fine, but won't read discs?  I'm guessing yes with a refurb, but don't know for sure.  Looks like $27 for a tiv after elite.

#9134 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10174 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

No switch??? Wha??????!!

Yeah this a bummer, I really wanted to pick up Mario Odyssey, Smash and another switch game. I might not even use my coupon if it's PS4/Xbone only

Anyone know if they take a ps3 that powers on and plays digital games fine, but won't read discs? I'm guessing yes with a refurb, but don't know for sure. Looks like $27 for a tiv after elite.

It's worth a shot, they took a GameCube from me in 2006 without testing the disc drive. You'll be hard pressed to sell it for $37 to someone without a working disc drive so it might be worth a shot taking it to GS

#9135 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

It looks so comfortable and I'm willing to bet it offers a really nice position to bang

Beanbags that feature a removable cover are perfect for whenever you need to sit bareass.

#9136 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

The only tax sale that Gamestop should be look for is the estate tax sale, since this flier and yesterday's pathetic excuse for a Pro day show they're on the way into a coffin and getting put six feet under. 

#9137 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

Sorry for the double post. Am on mobile. Damn that really sucks about switch games. Was looking to get Has Been Heros, Overcooked, and Moxiemans Adventures

#9138 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

Grow up guys, a gentlemen games on the boo bean bag and bangs on the snorlax. In all honesty I want these chairs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#9139 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

Sorry for the double post. Am on mobile. Damn that really sucks about switch games. Was looking to get Has Been Heros, Overcooked, and Moxiemans Adventures

Well you can still get has been heroes and overcooked. But moxiemans adventures is a Switch exclusive, iirc.

#9140 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10174 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:21 PM

Well you can still get has been heroes and overcooked. But moxiemans adventures is a Switch exclusive, iirc.

Wasn't moxieman a Steam early access game that never finished??

#9141 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

Wasn't moxieman a Steam early access game that never finished??

Idk. Switch has followed in the Wii tradition of releasing boatloads of trash.

#9142 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

It's a game where you HAVE to collect EVERYTHING and it makes you fat. Seems interesting

#9143 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

If you're gonna reset it, make sure its on the current firmware

#9144 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

Beanbags that feature a removable cover are perfect for whenever you need to sit bareass.

You mean a Lovesac?  I know, price not very CAG like, but still.....

#9145 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

I wouldn’t even reset it, just deactivate as your primary, dust it off and take it there. It’s better that way since they can try any game already installed instead of waiting for a game install.

#9146 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

You mean a Lovesac? I know, price not very CAG like, but still.....

Holy shit! $850! For a beanbag. Gtfoh

#9147 saathe   Seasoned Cag (Curry) CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:41 PM

Has anyone encountered a GS employee that insisted that the DLC code in a trade in game was unused?  Had an issue last night with trading in RDR 2 Ultimate and the GA insisted that the ultimate dlc was intact...wasn't ready for that so just walked out.  Any help here?

#9148 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7401 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Yes you can trade OG Xbox games, there’s very few consoles they don’t accept anymore. Now if the game is below a certain $ amount then they will refuse it but that’s across all platforms

I entered the names of several PS2 and original Xbox games into their trade-in search engine, and they didn't provide a value amount.  So, I think they only want the uncommon or rare ones so they can bilk you out of the profit you might have gotten from selling them on Ebay.

#9149 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2399 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Has anyone encountered a GS employee that insisted that the DLC code in a trade in game was unused? Had an issue last night with trading in RDR 2 Ultimate and the GA insisted that the ultimate dlc was intact...wasn't ready for that so just walked out. Any help here?

I’ve bought many preowned games with unused dlc. If it had that sweet steelbook, I would’ve bought it. But it’s definitely ymmv on DLC in preowned games.

#9150 saathe   Seasoned Cag (Curry) CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

I entered the names of several PS2 and original Xbox games into their trade-in search engine, and they didn't provide a value amount.  So, I think they only want the uncommon or rare ones so they can bilk you out of the profit you might have gotten from selling them on Ebay.

Each store used to have a binder with trade values for older games and retro.  Haven't seen on in a while.