* * * * - 1 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#961 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3013 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:16 PM

I'd like to reiterate that if you have last Gen stuff, you should definitely dump it now. Especially PS3 and 360. I don't think we're gonna see many bumps for those two consoles in particular in the coming months. Some of the Wii games are crazy high too. WiiU games seem to be at an all time low sadly.

#962 outcast529   <3 CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:37 PM

If I renew elite is the b2g1 good for accessories too or just games

I believe accessories should work.  I used mine on two switch games and a pro controller, but that was months ago.

#963 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM

If I renew elite is the b2g1 good for accessories too or just games

Mine said games or accessories when I used it yesterday.

#964 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

I'd like to reiterate that if you have last Gen stuff, you should definitely dump it now. Especially PS3 and 360. I don't think we're gonna see many bumps for those two consoles in particular in the coming months. Some of the Wii games are crazy high too. WiiU games seem to be at an all time low sadly.

Definitely true on the Wii games. I picked up this Wii bundle off of Facebook a couple days ago for $35 and four games alone got me almost $100 in credit.

IMG_20180717_194925.png

#965 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Yeah I don’t even have a ps3 anymore but have some games sitting in my room. They’re giving almost $30 for msg legacy collection if you’re elite pro and almost $20 for resistance collection

#966 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1546 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Yeah I don’t even have a ps3 anymore but have some games sitting in my room. They’re giving almost $30 for msg legacy collection if you’re elite pro and almost $20 for resistance collection

I strongly advise ebay if you have resistance collection most especially if still sealed

#967 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 PM

Does GS require Wiimotes include the wrist strap?  I've got a couple of pre-Motion Plus Wiimotes in good shape, but sans strap. 

#968 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

Does GS require Wiimotes include the wrist strap? I've got a couple of pre-Motion Plus Wiimotes in good shape, but sans strap.

Could be ymmv depending on the associate but no they're not required!

#969 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted Yesterday, 08:43 PM

Does GS require Wiimotes include the wrist strap? I've got a couple of pre-Motion Plus Wiimotes in good shape, but sans strap.

I traded in 3 today without them. Thank you to whoever it was that mentioned wii accessory values. Yet another inspiration story about buying cheap on Craigslist and trading in for more than I paid.

WiiU games seem to be at an all time low sadly.

This. Have 14 games, 3/4 of which are "big" titles, and even those have pathetic TIV's.

#970 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Hmm I guess gamestop is taxing for digital currency now even in store? hmm..

#971 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 PM

damn i have a ton of wii accessories but I don't know how much Gamestop credit I really want. I'm at $200. I guess I could get enough to buy an PS4 Pro or something and resell it to get my cash out.

Any suggestions for getting cash out of GS credit, without losing too much?

#972 Renzler  

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

damn i have a ton of wii accessories but I don't know how much Gamestop credit I really want. I'm at $200. I guess I could get enough to buy an PS4 Pro or something and resell it to get my cash out.

Broadly speaking: mint condition collectibles and complete in box highly acclaimed games.

#973 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6533 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:35 AM

If you’re PUR Pro, buying first party switch games will almost always net you the full amount back. Also the NES classics will fetch the majority of their money back. I bought one with credit and resold it for $50 locally within about an hour of posting on Facebook.

#974 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3276 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted Today, 12:45 AM

Ah, now I know why I try to avoid craigslist, facebook, etc.; buyer was triple texting me, being generally annoying, and asking that I pretty much deliver it.

I would say switch games... but even those I've had some trouble moving recently. Consoles are pretty hard to sell at cost, and I don't think it's worth it since most people lowball big time and I wouldn't be surprised if you got flooded with $150-$250 offers for a brand new PS4 Pro.

#975 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

I would say switch games... but even those I've had some trouble moving recently. Consoles are pretty hard to sell at cost, and I don't think it's worth it since most people lowball big time and I wouldn't be surprised if you got flooded with $150-$250 offers for a brand new PS4 Pro.

I was selling a pro a couple months ago and I was regularly getting offers for like $200, and requests to trade for knives and hand guns. -_-

#976 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted Today, 02:01 AM

Ah, now I know why I try to avoid craigslist, facebook, etc.; buyer was triple texting me, being generally annoying, and asking that I pretty much deliver it.

I only suggested the console so I could get it over with in one fell swoop.  But yeah, the lowballers kill me.  Especially when I just listed something 5 minutes ago. If you want to lowball, at least wait until its sat there for a couple days.

#977 Theswweet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Theswweet

Posted Today, 02:16 AM

Hey, do you guys know if the 70% extra trade-in bonus thing works *only* towards pre-owned games, or if I can cheese it by grabbing a super cheap pre-owned DS game and use the rest of the trade-in value for whatever?

#978 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:43 AM

You only need to have a pre-owned game rung up with the trade-in. Any amount should work.

#979 Theswweet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Theswweet

Posted Today, 04:25 AM

You only need to have a pre-owned game rung up with the trade-in. Any amount should work.

Awesome, gonna dump a few things tomorrow then.

#980 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9983 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:00 AM

Did you have a really good guess or was it known that this is coming up? Website says cash same as credit 7/23 to 8/12.

Was the last cash = credit promo applying to accessories also?  If so, it'd be good to wait until next week's promotion.  I'm in CA so I'm looking at 70% potentially for spare controllers.