* * * - - 32 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#10051 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

When the promo says "GET 25% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE ANY XBOX ONE WIRELESS OR PS4 DUALSHOCK WIRELESS CONTROLLER!", will that 25% be applied to your entire trade in, or just the controller?

Thanks!

Just the controller

#10052 SueMana  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

yet another survey asking about stuff Tell us what you think. is the subject

some of the more interesting questions

Which of the following, if any, would be a motivator for you to purchase pre-owned games at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Better trade offer when trading for pre-owned
More loyalty points when you purchase pre-owned
Price match promise
An always lower than new price promise
Better warranty/guarantee on performance
A pre-owned "leasing" program or membership
Improved packaging to reduce the "pre-owned look"
Other, please specify
I am not willing to purchase pre-owned games at GameStop

also asking

Other than games, what pre-owned products would you expect to be able to buy or trade at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Expect to be able to buy Expect to be able to trade
Connected home devices (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
Tablets (iPad, Galaxy Tablet)
Comic books
Connected media devices (AppleTV, Amazon Fire Stick)
Smartwatches
Personal computers
Bluetooth speakers
Smartphones
Gaming headsets
4K, Blu-ray or DVD movies & boxed sets
Laptops
PC gaming accessories (keyboard, mice)
Collectable cards
Bluetooth headphones
Collectibles (Funko Pops, statues)

don't they already take smartphones and tablets for trade

#10053 labrat34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

labrat34

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:26 PM

i figured out why my online b2g1 wasnt working. i guess there really are exclusions. if i include telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy, it doesnt give the offer. if i try 3 other games, it works. strange

#10054 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

How long do PUR points take to show after a transaction? I did 2 transactions 2 days ago and only one showed up (finally) this morning. Can it take a few more days for the system to catch up?

#10055 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5265 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

How long do PUR points take to show after a transaction? I did 2 transactions 2 days ago and only one showed up (finally) this morning. Can it take a few more days for the system to catch up?

Sometimes it's the next day, other times it takes several days. Just be patient, they'll show up.

#10056 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

They usually show up within a few days.  However, occasionally they have system problems and points aren't recorded. If they don't show up after a week, call customer service.

#10057 KingofGames   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

KingofGames

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Hit the trifecta yesterday. Picked up Sekiro (PS4), Division 2 (PS4), and DMC V (XBONE) from a Gamestop on my drive home from work. Sekiro and Division 2 were traded in that day. The store had no idea the sale was going on. There was an XBONE Sekiro available at another location, but I read the framerate is a bit better on the PS4 version. Also considering returning one of either DMC V or Division 2 for RE2. 

#10058 FlipasaurusRex  

FlipasaurusRex

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

#10059 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

ne1 else notice pur coupons not going away when you use them sumtimes? used one on saturday and like an hour later it was still there, so I used it again and it worked

usually end up with negative points, also know people who've had their accounts nuked

#10060 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hit the trifecta yesterday. Picked up Sekiro (PS4), Division 2 (PS4), and DMC V (XBONE) from a Gamestop on my drive home from work. Sekiro and Division 2 were traded in that day. The store had no idea the sale was going on. There was an XBONE Sekiro available at another location, but I read the framerate is a bit better on the PS4 version. Also considering returning one of either DMC V or Division 2 for RE2. 

DMC was a blast just finished it

#10061 FlipasaurusRex  

FlipasaurusRex

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:41 PM

#10062 alexpguy  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

usually end up with negative points, also know people who've had their accounts nuked

Who? No one on this board has ever mentioned either of these things happening. On the other hand, multiple people have reported reusing leftover certs with no retaliation, myself included.

#10063 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:18 PM

Which of the following, if any, would be a motivator for you to purchase pre-owned games at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Price match promise
Other, please specify

also asking

Other than games, what pre-owned products would you expect to be able to buy or trade at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Comic books
Smartwatches
Personal computers
Bluetooth speakers
Smartphones
Gaming headsets
Laptops
Collectable cards
Bluetooth headphones

More esports!

#10064 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

Yeah they did

#10065 FlipasaurusRex  

FlipasaurusRex

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:44 PM

#10066 destinyruinedmylife  

destinyruinedmylife

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

i figured out why my online b2g1 wasnt working. i guess there really are exclusions. if i include telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy, it doesnt give the offer. if i try 3 other games, it works. strange

Gamestop online is trash

#10067 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1967 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

Yeah normally I use .com to order the b2g1 and just pay the weight. I then call and let them know or take it back to the store and re/re. I've called before and they refunded my prorated amount...... And theres then other times where they refund the whole order after sending it. 

#10068 esalw822  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

Gamestop online is trash

So much this.  They'll charge shipping randomly.  The B2G1 didn't start on-time.  There's so much coded wrong when it comes to ordering stuff online.  And then there's getting random empty cases or wrong versions of games which happens so often.

Ordered Injustice 2 Legendary recently and I have a horrible feeling that I'm gonna get a plain Injustice 2 in it's place

#10069 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6723 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

This is a horrible B2G1 combo...

ygklyZO.png

#10070 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

The B2G1 is nice.  I managed to pick up 2 copies of Sekiro, one for PS4 and one for XBone, and resold them for $40 cash each.

#10071 myst   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

Wow nice. Seems like I can't even find a used copy of Division 2 or Sekiro around these areas.  The closest one is like 30 miles away.

#10072 esalw822  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Select all that apply
Price match promise
Other, please specify

also asking

Select all that apply
Comic books
Smartwatches
Personal computers
Bluetooth speakers
Smartphones
Gaming headsets
Laptops
Collectable cards
Bluetooth headphones

At least it seems like they're trying to get customer feedback on what they want to be able to purchase in-store or what their expectations are.  I'd love for them to sell retro in-store.

Yeah, some of that stuff they already take trade-ins on (some headsets, phones, tablets, smart watches, etc.) but I bet they're trying to expand into other categories or just focus on what the average customer goes into GameStop expecting to buy/trade.

No point buying/selling stuff if 99% of the customer base doesn't know you sell it or go to your store as an option for those things.

#10073 FlipasaurusRex  

FlipasaurusRex

#10074 kross036   Going home to be a family man. CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Can't wait for a preowned Sekiro to show up near me. Time to refresh the website fifty times every hour looking for one.

#10075 aspen1284   You're all right in my book CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

Wanting to try out Far Cry 5 but can’t figure out 2 other worthwhile games to get at the same price (29.99) to make the most of the b2g1. Seems to be an odd price that not many games fall into. Any suggestions?

XB1 by the way...

#10076 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1967 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

Yeah we know GS online is dukey poo but hey. It;s one of those get used to it things

#10077 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:10 PM

Wanting to try out Far Cry 5 but can’t figure out 2 other worthwhile games to get at the same price (29.99) to make the most of the b2g1. Seems to be an odd price that not many games fall into. Any suggestions?

XB1 by the way...

Overclocked 2 is a fun multiplayer coop game.  Its slightly below the price listed, but Kingdom Come is great too.

#10078 gangstarap  

gangstarap

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

wait is nobody going to talk about that insane Mario Kart flip?

#10079 destinyruinedmylife  

destinyruinedmylife

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:12 PM

Yeah we know GS online is dukey poo but hey. It;s one of those get used to it things

You either suffer online with their broken promos, or go in store and deal with employees begging for preorders, and adding warranties you didn't ask for

#10080 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

wait is nobody going to talk about that insane Mario Kart flip?

PS4 version or Xbox version?