* * * * - 13 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#10141 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Since pro day was last month aren't we due for a Prestige day this month?

Yesterday I went into a prestige store and they told me that the next prestige day would be April 6th. Hopefully it's true.

#10142 FlipasaurusRex  

FlipasaurusRex

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:24 PM

#10143 MeeburGascon  

MeeburGascon

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

Do you guys think $100 trade credit is going to be the best I'll get for the base Xbox One for a while? Wanting to trade it and my PS4 slim up for the PS4 Pro.

#10144 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:06 AM

Dropped by my local GS to throw $5 down on a preorder for Borderlands: GOTY.  To my surprise, I was told that due to the release date being so soon (April 3rd) that it would not give them enough time to allocate stock for preorders.

Asked regarding a possible trade promo for the game & was told the only new promo he was aware of was for Days Gone.  He didn't provide a date but I will be down to cancel my Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free preorder if I can use trade credit instead of cash...

#10145 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:00 AM

I can totally believe someone finding steelbook+game for Sekiro.  To be fair it was only $90 and some people either 1) do not care about steelbook as much as we do; or 2) mistakenly think that they need to trade in steelbooks if they are trading in the games.

i saw a preowned RDR2 steelbook yesterday. it was in great shape, too.

#10146 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:05 AM

Do you guys think $100 trade credit is going to be the best I'll get for the base Xbox One for a while? Wanting to trade it and my PS4 slim up for the PS4 Pro.

Yes that’s the best price you going to get

Unless there is another console trade promo coming soon, which i doubt because one just ended

Value used to be $70-$80

#10147 MeeburGascon  

MeeburGascon

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:45 AM

Yes that’s the best price you going to get

Unless there is another console trade promo coming soon, which i doubt because one just ended

Value used to be $70-$80

I saw it at $80 a bit ago but I wanted to make sure before I made the trade, thank you. There was that $25 dollar extra promotion a week or so ago, I wasn't sure if there would be something similar again after this Xbox One X promo ends tomorrow.

#10148 FlipasaurusRex  

FlipasaurusRex

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:00 AM

#10149 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1374 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:47 AM

What's the coupon thing?

#10150 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:05 AM

Prestige day deals leak anywhere yet? I made bank on the last one

#10151 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:14 AM

Dropped by my local GS to throw $5 down on a preorder for Borderlands: GOTY. To my surprise, I was told that due to the release date being so soon (April 3rd) that it would not give them enough time to allocate stock for preorders.

Asked regarding a possible trade promo for the game & was told the only new promo he was aware of was for Days Gone. He didn't provide a date but I will be down to cancel my Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free preorder if I can use trade credit instead of cash...

What do you even get for pre ordering that as a bonus?

#10152 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1276 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:27 AM

My local gamestop is messed up. I placed a hold on mlb the show 19 pre owned. When I went to go pick it up, it was already sold!

#10153 shady520   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:12 AM

So I am trade banned, does anyone know if the passport card works or does it need to be a full passport?

#10154 Vigilante   Let the Battles Begin CAGiversary!   37455 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:14 AM

My local gamestop is messed up. I placed a hold on mlb the show 19 pre owned. When I went to go pick it up, it was already sold!

That would be legitimate grounds to burn the store on a survey IMO.

#10155 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:27 AM

So I am trade banned, does anyone know if the passport card works or does it need to be a full passport?

Passport cards do work - noticed someone using one for a trade at my local store a couple weeks ago.

#10156 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

coupon thing worked again tonite

Quoting before you turn this post to a “.” Too

Either you are really trying hard to fish for info. Or maybe you aren’t and you got the thing to work that you didn’t know about recently. If so congrats I think

#10157 filldoh1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

Had to go to two different store and return one to rebuy b2g1 but finally got what I wanted.

MLB the show19
Sekiro
DMC5

#10158 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

Man, would love to find a copy of the show. If anyone wants to trade for Sekiro or the division, lmk!

#10159 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Had to go to two different store and return one to rebuy b2g1 but finally got what I wanted.

MLB the show19
Sekiro
DMC5

MLB? Damn that shit had to be stolen lol

#10160 NothingCreative   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

NothingCreative

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

Is there a point to you doing this for almost every single post?

#10161 IAMSAM34  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

MLB the show19
Sekiro
DMC5

I got
Dark souls trilogy
DMC 5
Sekiro but its the xbox one vesion with a generic case. Going to trade it back today.

#10162 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1715 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

Is there a point to you doing this for almost every single post?

He has a total of 9 posts and I believe they're all that. Week old account so that says a lot

#10163 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

Went in to pick up a used switch controller the other day and the cashier started ringing it up without showing me the condition. I asked to see it first and was immediately met with resistance. "Don't run out the door with it, Okay?"

I check it out for a few seconds and it's littered with scratches and scuffs. Not huge but worse than I normally like for a $45 controller. I thanked him but declined and got the third degree treatment from hin. It's like he was personally offended. I went over to look for b2g1 Xbox games but he wouldn't drop it and kept bugging me about the controller. Insinuating that it was dumb of me to pass and that a new one would be exactly the same. A few minutes later I had to leave the store without even finishing my shopping trip. Why do GameStop employees always have to be one of two extremes? They are either incredibly cool or unbelievable asses. Sometimes I just want someone to leave me the Fuck alone and let me shop.

#10164 bigstew  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

u must not have been to gamestop before, that happens alot, when u order for in store pickup, the store gets notified at some point but its up to when the employees have time to take the game from the shelf put it on hold, i have always gone to the store and the employee didnt know i knew about it but was besieged with customers or answering calls, pointless to do pickup unless u live faraway

#10165 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

Went in to pick up a used switch controller the other day and the cashier started ringing it up without showing me the condition. I asked to see it first and was immediately met with resistance. "Don't run out the door with it, Okay?"

I check it out for a few seconds and it's littered with scratches and scuffs. Not huge but worse than I normally like for a $45 controller. I thanked him but declined and got the third degree treatment from hin. It's like he was personally offended. I went over to look for b2g1 Xbox games but he wouldn't drop it and kept bugging me about the controller. Insinuating that it was dumb of me to pass and that a new one would be exactly the same. A few minutes later I had to leave the store without even finishing my shopping trip. Why do GameStop employees always have to be one of two extremes? They are either incredibly cool or unbelievable asses. Sometimes I just want someone to leave me the Fuck alone and let me shop.

Buy one of those shirts that says in giant letters "leave me alone" and wear it whenever you go shopping

#10166 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Finally seeing sekiro pop up used. Ideally want that and dmc 5. What to get for the third game though, division 2 or metro exodus? Maybe kingdom hearts though it's not really my style of gameplay. Anyone playing division 2 solo?

Well, just got cancellation email for sekiro so I guess that's that

#10167 kjs7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

$5 bonus trade in credit for switch games - is there any catch? I read the terms and it didnt seem like it. trying to trade in 4 games and if that gets me an extra $20 i will be more than happy with that

#10168 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

$5 bonus trade in credit for switch games - is there any catch? I read the terms and it didnt seem like it. trying to trade in 4 games and if that gets me an extra $20 i will be more than happy with that

Not that I know of. Traded in Has Been Heroes for Switch this morning and it was $2.40 plus the $5.

#10169 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

Happened to me when I wanted to buy a used 3ds the Black Friday Mario one. He was hesitant to open the box. No one else in the store. And when he did open the box he didn’t want to open the 3ds and said no...I said ok I’m good then. Walked out...I don’t wanna spend my money just to open the 3ds and it’s scratched up or dented on the inside.

#10170 WeeeDoo  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

Looks like theres no used Sekiros ANYWHERE in CA and there hasn't been since release. Either it sold terribly here or people love it.

Looks like every game this year so far is lined up for a black Friday buy.