* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#11911 St_ad3pt  

St_ad3pt

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:57 PM

i think he's looking for confirmation on steam cards though

True was hoping someone can chime in to see if it has worked with steam cards as well

#11912 Adhiman  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

When’s the last time GameStop did a “text this number for a B2G1”? Those used to be so common.

#11913 mikespit1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1336 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:19 PM

Damn no Wii sports on the bump. Are the bumped values live or do those show up tomorrow?

#11914 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:40 PM

Some of the bumped values have shown up, Luigi's Mansion on 3DS for example is now $12 base instead of $11, GTA V on PS4 is $6 instead of $5.50 or whatever it was. 

Edit:  Sorry those values were for Elite Pro.  Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5. 

Either way, stealth bump seems to be live.

#11915 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

Some of the bumped values have shown up, Luigi's Mansion on 3DS for example is now $12 base instead of $11, GTA V on PS4 is $6 instead of $5.50 or whatever it was. 

Edit:  Sorry those values were for Elite Pro.  Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5. 

I think you are just seeing the normal fluctuating values. I don't see any of the MWTMAY19 games on the first few pages bumped yet. Traditionally the values don't bump system wide until Friday.

I could be wrong, but none of my list has been bumped yet :)

#11916 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:31 PM

Edit: Sorry those values were for Elite Pro. Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5.

Bumps go live Friday. Those are just normal price changes.

#11917 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:52 PM

Edit: Sorry those values were for Elite Pro. Base values are Luigi's Mansion: $10, and GTA V is $5.

So you noticed your mistake and still went with the original assumption? Lol

#11918 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

I still don't have my $10 reward certificate. I placed my order on 5/27. Do you get it in your email?

#11919 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

I still don't have my $10 reward certificate. I placed my order on 5/27. Do you get it in your email?

Same here.

#11920 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:57 PM

Bumps go live Friday. Those are just normal price changes.

Whoa...kick ass.  Thats fine by me then!  Tiomorrow's gonna be a goooood day.

#11921 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:58 PM

check your "Active Offers" on the app or on the Powerup Rewards section of your PUR account on gamestop.com

#11922 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:14 PM

check your "Active Offers" on the app or on the Powerup Rewards section of your PUR account on gamestop.com

There's nothing

#11923 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:00 AM

Same here.

No, you refresh your active offer on your app

#11924 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:26 AM

Yeah...I have. Im going to wait until Saturday.

#11925 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:58 AM

Anyone pick up on the news today that Gamestop's COO stepped down? I wonder if it's a sign of some kind. Guy was 23 years with the company and chose now to leave.

He was CFO as well. Apparently they are eliminating the COO position entirely with his departure.

https://www.wsj.com/...-up-11559254049

#11926 skrockij89  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:10 AM

Noticed Spider-man and God of War TIV dropped. Probably because of the news of the price drop for Days of Play. 

#11927 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:37 AM

Now is not a good time to have gamestop store credit saved up. ToysrUs went quick unlike blockbuster which still had stores open for years after going out of business. ToyRus had all their stores shut down nationwide within like a year.

This is something my dad always taught me to never hold onto store credit, specially at more mom and pop business's that are not franchise corporations. I used to do this a lot in the early 2000's when mom and pop CD shops were still a thing and people still buyed CD's. I'd go there looking for games and doing trade in. These were business's that were there one day and can be gone the next.

I'm sure there were people out there who had hundreds in toysrus credit and have no recourse. You have two things to worry about beside a complete shutdown they could start having liquidation sales and if that's the case your store can deplete it's inventory of anything you want and you'll be forced into spending it on things you didn't want.  I think my local toysrus liquidated it's stores in like 1-2 weeks. 

#11928 dorath  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:03 AM

Now is not a good time to have gamestop store credit saved up. ToysrUs went quick unlike blockbuster which still had stores open for years after going out of business. ToyRus had all their stores shut down nationwide within like a year.

This is something my dad always taught me to never hold onto store credit, specially at more mom and pop business's that are not franchise corporations. I used to do this a lot in the early 2000's when mom and pop CD shops were still a thing and people still buyed CD's. I'd go there looking for games and doing trade in. These were business's that were there one day and can be gone the next.

I'm sure there were people out there who had hundreds in toysrus credit and have no recourse. You have two things to worry about beside a complete shutdown they could start having liquidation sales and if that's the case your store can deplete it's inventory of anything you want and you'll be forced into spending it on things you didn't want.  I think my local toysrus liquidated it's stores in like 1-2 weeks.

Gs is fine for the next few years.
They already have the next guy in line ready to go which seems like an early retirement buyout.
It's not uncommon to switch out when a new CEO comes in.

#11929 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:35 AM

If you have hundreds in Gamestop credit and you are reading this thread, you are informed enough to spend that asap if they do announce liquidations.

#11930 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11866 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

:lol: :lol:

#11931 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6244 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:46 AM

Anyone pick up on the news today that Gamestop's COO stepped down? I wonder if it's a sign of some kind. Guy was 23 years with the company and chose now to leave.

He waited until this week to get an extra $5 bonus.

#11932 Narton   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

I don't think ti's live. Smash is still at 25/27.50 and it's part of the mwtmay19

#11933 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

But Toys R Us was killed by its debt. Gamestop still has lots of cash on hand. The sign I'm worried about is that everyone in the know seems to be saying the writing really is on the wall for them now. Most are betting that they can't turn it around and it's just dying a slow death.

I agree. And as long as my trade credit still works on most gift cards it's an easy out for me. Like most others I'm holding out for that next gen console though.

They are going in debt though. Their profits have been going down for years. Their company makes its most profits off of used game sales and with publishers pushing digital gamestop has resorted to becoming a hot topic that sells video games. Nothing they really do can turn that around. This is after effects from the publishers and developers cutting out the middle man. Like blockbuster there was little they could do, the industry for movie rental stores was on its way out. It's to the point now they are selling you empty cases with no disc or manual and just a voucher code. You going to go to a store just to have a plastic case or just download it it via digital distribution. It's an inevitable process like when we went from VHS to DVD to Blu-ray format. I'm not even pro digital, I am pro physical but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the industry is going.

#11934 darren2e   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

darren2e

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:16 AM

So did anything get bumped today?

#11935 Lumas101  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:20 AM

So did anything get bumped today?

My two MWT games are still the same value, but I think values sometimes update a bit later than this.

#11936 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

They are going in debt though. Their profits have been going down for years. Their company makes its most profits off of used game sales and with publishers pushing digital gamestop has resorted to becoming a hot topic that sells video games. Nothing they really do can turn that around. This is after effects from the publishers and developers cutting out the middle man. Like blockbuster there was little they could do, the industry for movie rental stores was on its way out. It's to the point now they are selling you empty cases with no disc or manual and just a voucher code. You going to go to a store just to have a plastic case or just download it it via digital distribution. It's an inevitable process like when we went from VHS to DVD to Blu-ray format. I'm not even pro digital, I am pro physical but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the industry is going.

This.  We MIGHT see Gamestop try to hold on in the next generation but I think mid-way through they're going to just give up, or become something radically different from what they are (online only supplier ala Amazon?).  Though with Gamestop's track record of adaptation to change....I wouldn't bet too heavily on that.

Right now, I'm getting as much trade credit as I can to save up for the inevitable Switch revision that's coming.  But its true, the writing is on the wall for Gamestop as a business.  Unless somehow all 3 consoles united into one multiplatform device with 100% backwards compatibility with everything, their inventory is just going to stagnate.  Ludicrous, I know.

#11937 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1393 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:54 AM

No stealth bump

Nothing was changed at all

#11938 Lumas101  

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

No stealth bump

Nothing was changed at all

Incorrect. Minecraft 360 tanked by a dollar. Worst stealth bump ever.

#11939 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:40 AM

A few games had their trade values go up, but some dropped like MK11.

#11940 sonicguile  

sonicguile

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:56 AM

Stealth Tank not bump, got me all excited for nothing