* * * * - 8 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#1411 Wrectifyy  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Anyone else hear that Elite level is going away starting tomorrow?

I was told that a message was sent out to the staff to inform them that starting tomorrow you cannot sign up for or renew Elite. Anyone else hear this?

#1412 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:40 PM

Ended up getting elite pro at GameStop a month ago because rip gcu

#1413 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

You will receive the base value times 1.5 unless you have a membership.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1414 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

I was told that a message was sent out to the staff to inform them that starting tomorrow you cannot sign up for or renew Elite. Anyone else hear this?

I wonder what happens to our current memberships? Should I renew now?

#1415 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:34 PM

I got the same question...that extra 10% really made a difference this year...

#1416 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

Can’t we use reward points to renew online?

#1417 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

Can’t we use reward points to renew online?

Yes but I think it just give you a coupon to renew in store.

My elite is up in October so I may just go renew today just in case.

#1418 Jurai  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

Theres a reddit post about it with people deflecting that it's going away, but I don't see any firm 'no it is not' responses

#1419 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

Elite pro is great for trades and in-store purchases but it made online purchases more expensive. I used to be able to get games 26% off online before Elite

#1420 Wrectifyy  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:14 PM

I wonder what happens to our current memberships? Should I renew now?

I was told that it will be similar to BBY GCU program, that starting tomorrow there will be no more sign ups or extensions allowed.

However, they will honor the benefits of all existing memberships. So if you fear it may go away, you might want to renew today if you still can.

#1421 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

Hmm well I'm good till nov 2020 from renewing for the coupons..

#1422 maxnoop   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:43 PM

is it a problem to renew twice at the same time?

#1423 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

I know this isn't really the place to ask, but since some of you have done it, hopefully I can get an answer. If I want to trade in my PS4 Pro for the new Spiderman one, how do i transfer everything over since I won't have both systems at the same time?

#1424 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   867 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

I know this isn't really the place to ask, but since some of you have done it, hopefully I can get an answer. If I want to trade in my PS4 Pro for the new Spiderman one, how do i transfer everything over since I won't have both systems at the same time?

External hard drive

#1425 Viper X  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

Will they just go back to offering Pro memberships only or are they killing memberships all together, like GCU? That's a bad sign from GS because that's part of their main income (bugging people to sign up for Pro memberships).

#1426 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

Will they just go back to offering Pro memberships only or are they killing memberships all together, like GCU? That's a bad sign from GS because that's part of their main income (bugging people to sign up for Pro memberships).

No way they eliminate the Pro. They've had that for as long as I can remember.

The Elite was to compete with GCU and Prime. I guess it didnt do for them what they hoped (and Best Buy killed GCU) so theyre killing it.

#1427 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

Didn’t want to risk it. Ran a quick errand and renewed. Even if it’s fake no harm

#1428 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:31 PM

You still need to go in store to renew with points right?

Sadly I'm on the east coast and can't go in till tomorrow -_-

Edit: just went back and re-read posts, it is still just a coupon crap.

#1429 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:55 PM

I wonder what will happen to east cost people who purchase the coupon today and cant use it tomorrow

#1430 mchittumjr  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

Just renewed on Friday so if they do pull it I'm good. Bought a lot of newer used games for $44 that I wouldn't have bought for $49. Yes it's only $5 but it adds up.

#1431 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:11 AM

Mine expires November 2019... I feel like that's long enough, but then again they might start giving good TIV's after most people's memberships have lapsed a year from now today... in which case I'd only have like 2 months of good trades left.

#1432 Omni99  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:15 AM

Just saw that posting. Seems like there would be more noise if this was going to happen, but who knows. I'm good until 2021 and the coupon only works on one set so I'm not sure I want to fork over another 30,000 points on the chance that it's true.

#1433 ritchardf  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

my elite expires in october, i have a link on my poweruprewards.com account page to renew online, is that going to end up just giving me a coupon? it seems like i used that once when it was pro but i cant remember.

#1434 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

you could maybe do it over the phone with a store in Cali?  I just went to renew mine, just in case, and got all the way to the store before realizing it was Sunday and they were closed already.  debating trying to call a store.

#1435 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:36 AM

I haven't heard anything about Elite pro going away. I worked today and there wasn't any info sent to us about that.

#1436 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2649 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:43 AM

I just renewed in store, they definitely didn't indicate that it was ending but this employee isn't in the know so that's not surprising if they didn't know.i hope it doesn't end but I'm set for another tear in case the axe it.

#1437 SparkyGoBlue   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SparkyGoBlue

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

Got some conflicting info after two trades today at GS.  One employee told me they're limiting trades of the same item to 2 per 30 days now.  When I asked about this at the next GS, the employee told me that's not true, but that I could only trade 5 of the same item LIFETIME.  Doubt either one is true, because I heard nothing about it before today.  Anyone heard anything like this?

#1438 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:51 AM

you could maybe do it over the phone with a store in Cali?  I just went to renew mine, just in case, and got all the way to the store before realizing it was Sunday and they were closed already.  debating trying to call a store.

Good idea, I did want to use points though, since I have an insane amount of them. Tell me if it works out for you.

Unrelated to the current stuff, is anyone able to checkout on the gamestop website?

I can get to choose shipping option, however I can't do anything from there, the page just doesn't do anything when I click next.

The app does work but I can't seem to use trade credit from a card.

#1439 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

Nice heads up in true...I'm gonna renew tonight before the closest store closes.

#1440 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:25 AM

I was selling a pro a couple months ago and I was regularly getting offers for like $200, and requests to trade for knives and hand guns. -_-

My favorite lowballs was a guy trying to trade me his dog for a PS3 (should’ve taken it and gotten it a better home) or someone offering $1 for an iPhone 6S plus I had when the 7’s just came out that said “trading for iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus with cash on my end”

I buy on local sites all the time but rarely sell there