* * * * - 12 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#14821 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:44 PM

My local Gamestop is now a part of the test market for price matching games. I was told they only price match local competitors like Walmart, Target and Best Buy. They priced matched Walmart for Dragon Quest Builders 2 at $49.96.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

#14822 nesuser  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:14 PM

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

Southeast Missouri, from what I gathered my store is going to be a test store for a lot of the new business tactics. They have little flyers at the checkout that has some of the price match policy on them. If I head back that way today I'll try to grab one and post a pic.

#14823 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4807 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

To the person talking about selling fees they have times where there are none like this current month for 5 items.  If you use ebay like you say then you shouldn't be omitting information.  I am aware that the period for this month has already passed of course.

#14824 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:53 PM

I'll give credit where credit's due to GameStop. Price-matching is surprisingly rare these days, as many retailers have either shitcanned their price-match programs or gone out of business. With that in mind, seeing GS give it a go is actually rad.

I hope they expand it beyond their test stores. I'll shop there much more if they do.

#14825 ritchardf  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

To the person talking about selling fees they have times where there are none like this current month for 5 items.  If you use ebay like you say then you shouldn't be omitting information.  I am aware that the period for this month has already passed of course.

they also shouldnt be claiming flat rate priority shipping is $3, with the price increase in june you can barely get first class mail shipped for $3.

#14826 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4209 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

I saw someone mention a 50% trade promo going on right now. I didn't see anything online about it and just saw the usual "Trade towards 'x' game and get 20% extra trade credit" right now. Looking to dump some stuff I am not playing to pick up MUA3 and put some money towards Fire Emblem as well. 

#14827 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Must be YMMV. I didn't receive any such offer. What did you click to get that offer?

#14828 ritchardf  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:40 PM

Must be YMMV. I didn't receive any such offer. What did you click to get that offer?

ive never got that either, free listings sure but never no selling fees.

#14829 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

I saw someone mention a 50% trade promo going on right now. I didn't see anything online about it and just saw the usual "Trade towards 'x' game and get 20% extra trade credit" right now. Looking to dump some stuff I am not playing to pick up MUA3 and put some money towards Fire Emblem as well.

The offer is the first one on GameStop.com/trade. Expires on Saturday

#14830 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1965 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

Unless you're talking about some magical super-targeted promotion eBay decided to do for you that wouldn't be relevant for anyone else in this thread, it was 50% off FVF for 5 items selling at $50 or more. Or if you meant insertion fees, you get 50 of those free every month. Not free FVF. If you're going to accuse somebody else of misinformation, it helps not to get it wrong yourself.

EDIT: Just looking it up, the last instance I can find of them offering zero FVF at all was back in 2015, and that was specifically for some European sellers. So even if you saw something rare like that in your messages, it's definitely not a regular thing and therefore irrelevant, anyway.

#14831 ritchardf  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

its not on the app, you have to go to the website.

#14832 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4209 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

Right on. I see it now, so I'll have to buy some cheap pre-owned game to get the additional 50% it looks like which is fine. Need to get rid of Anthem before it drops more. Thought they'd possibly turn that game around and bought it for $20 and they have not turned it around and the game is pretty much dead at this point. 

#14833 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   492 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:27 PM

50% off a pdp headset in my active offers

#14834 mchittumjr  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:25 PM

Does anybody know if Gamestop is releasing Ultimate Alliance 3 tonight? 

#14835 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:41 PM

Select stores in the Columbus Ohio region doing PM too. One by me did Walmart, B.B., Target. Another told me they only PMed Amazon.

#14836 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4209 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:45 PM

Probably not. Since the game is being published by Nintendo. For whatever reason Nintendo typically has a hardline on releasing their games before midnight and Gamestop no longer does midnight releases and instead do the 9pm est. releases. My store also usually call everyone to let them know if they are doing a late night release and I have not received a call. I am going to go pay my pre-order off tonight though so maybe I will get lucky and walk away with the game tonight too. 

#14837 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2714 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:51 PM

The one I pre-ordered at is.

#14838 thecobb8   Welcome to Cobb CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

thecobb8

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:06 PM

I may be totally late on this but why is the og phat PS2 trading for more than a slim ps2, or even more than an 80gb PS3 at the moment?

Stonks.

#14839 gldndomer  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:40 PM

Usually, when you call someone out for "if you use ebay like you SAY" you should really reply to them so that they can respond. I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times. I don't have any ZERO selling fee offer for 5 items.

Do you mean save 50% on selling fees on 5 items over $50 if listed before July 20th? Because I have that one. How many current gen used video games can be sold for more than $50. So it doesn't apply whatsoever to what we were discussing in here. And it just goes from 10% to 5% eBay selling fees. Yes, it is nice, but it's maybe once a month. And it is always always always $50, $100, or more items. It never will apply to a $30 or $40 video game. And 5% selling fee saved from my previous example, Resident Evil 2, would still be LOWER on eBay than trading in to GameStop this week. It's sad, really.

Any other questions testing whether I actually know my eBay shit?

#14840 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:05 PM

Hope stores in San Antonio start price matching

#14841 Jurai  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

Hope stores in San Antonio start price matching

Same

#14842 srocky26  

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

I may be totally late on this but why is the og phat PS2 trading for more than a slim ps2, or even more than an 80gb PS3 at the moment?

Stonks.

No idea, but I’ll take $20 for my fat PS2.

#14843 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:34 AM

Usually, when you call someone out for "if you use ebay like you SAY" you should really reply to them so that they can respond. I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times. I don't have any ZERO selling fee offer for 5 items.

Do you mean save 50% on selling fees on 5 items over $50 if listed before July 20th? Because I have that one. How many current gen used video games can be sold for more than $50. So it doesn't apply whatsoever to what we were discussing in here. And it just goes from 10% to 5% eBay selling fees. Yes, it is nice, but it's maybe once a month. And it is always always always $50, $100, or more items. It never will apply to a $30 or $40 video game. And 5% selling fee saved from my previous example, Resident Evil 2, would still be LOWER on eBay than trading in to GameStop this week. It's sad, really.

Any other questions testing whether I actually know my eBay shit?

You definitely know your shit. I spent about 3 hours this week looking up the values of a bunch of my games on gamestops trade-in site.  I compared that value to the current price on ebay, minus $4 for shipping, and the 13% in fees and if it was even close, I took it to gamestop. Out of the hundred and hundreds of games I want to sell, I found 31 that were worth taking to GS. Okay, so now I'm stuck with $300+ in trade credit. What am i going to do with that? well if i was desperate for the cash i could use it on gift cards for BK, Taco Bell, Uber, Subway, whatever...basically same as cash.  But i use it on the 3 for $15 sales, B2G1, the clearance collectibles, the occasional game that isn't priced at market value for some reason, etc.  Ebay, GS, pricecharting, facebook, offerup...all different tools for selling under different circumstances.

And, my elite has paid for itself ten times over at least. actually, $1135 this year according to the last receipt. I'm going to cry when my Elite expires.

#14844 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:14 AM

Stonks.

If it's the same situation as it was a couple years ago, they're just shipping them off to China to have the gold stripped from the processor and such.  

#14845 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4807 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

" I don't know if you are aware, but different offers are sent to different people at different times."

I wasn't aware it was one of those user targeted specific offers and is apparently not common since you and another poster both mentioned having not gotten one.  I get them semi frequently for whatever reason..

Here's a link to the image in question.  https://i.redd.it/cu1w1qdfnc931.jpg

If you two are done being all  :bomb:  now.

#14846 BangBucks  

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:01 AM

Is there a reason my pro b2g1 expired so fast (within a month) I read another Reddit post his coupon doesn't expire for 2 months since he renewed this month. Could I email GameStop and would they issue me another coupon?

#14847 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:01 AM

Are we thinking reverse bump tomorrow on the last two days of the boost?

#14848 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2887 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:11 AM

Is there a reason my pro b2g1 expired so fast (within a month) I read another Reddit post his coupon doesn't expire for 2 months since he renewed this month. Could I email GameStop and would they issue me another coupon?

If GameStop responded to emails with any regularity then you might have a shot. You'd have better luck calling or on Twitter

#14849 Omni99  

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:15 AM

I would call for that one. How fast your coupon expires depends on when you redeem it. The have them in batches and anyone who redeems in a certain time frame gets one from that batch.

#14850 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   277 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:39 AM

I signed back up on June 28th and the coupon is good until the end of September. On a side note I have done 3 of the 3 for $15 and each time they have tried to add the coupon without me telling them to. I keep having to explain that it is cheaper if I do not use the coupon. One guy was arguing with me that it would be better to use it. Do they get credit for getting you to use your active offers now? I miss the days where you had more controll over your active offers and you had to fight to them to scan your phone.