2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
G-Fuel-resh smell!

On serious topic, Gamestop clearanced out pixel pals. If you collect them, get them! I got two marvel vs capcom pixel pal sets for 15 bucks! Normally $30 for one set.

Shame about the 50% bonus being as it is. Got the X over the weekend from switch flips and hoo boy that thing is beautiful. So glad I decided to upgrade. 

Remember to include these OP

IxPCKVU.jpg

X6nHYyO.jpg

hTuNrKw.gif

Also found a photo of you looking at the newest weekly ad

i781k7S.jpg

Is there some coupon for a discounted Elite membership going on? 

I'm already Pro, but I went in to GS yesterday to get some clearance toys for my little one and reserved the steelbook for RDR2.

The guy who rang me up said I can upgrade to Elite and it'd only cost me half the price or something bc I had an active coupon? I was confused b/c I dont see that in my active offers and I just wonder if he was trying to get me to unwittingly use my Power Up Reward points  

Do we think there’s going to be a trade bump in either of the last two weekends in June, or will the tiered trade bump take that out? I have Mega Man X Legacy, Madden Deluxe, Spider-Man CE, & Tomb Raider Croft Edition paid off, but need trade credit for VC 4 CE, FH 4 UE, Mega Man 11 Amiibo Edition, SC VI CE, & Red Dead UE/Collector Box.

Is there some coupon for a discounted Elite membership going on?
I'm already Pro, but I went in to GS yesterday to get some clearance toys for my little one and reserved the steelbook for RDR2.

The guy who rang me up said I can upgrade to Elite and it'd only cost me half the price or something bc I had an active coupon? I was confused b/c I dont see that in my active offers and I just wonder if he was trying to get me to unwittingly use my Power Up Reward points
Probably trying to get you to spend 30k points to get the Elite Membership.

Lol this is like the 3rd GameStop thread in a week (though I understand the reason for this one). Hope it sticks.

Thanks guys, what I figured. Glad I didnt do it. Too bad, Ive dealt with the guy at GS before and hes usually pretty straight up. Must've been behind on his numbers for the day.
The store by my house the dudes' are always pretty straight up with me too, but they still try to sneak in their tactics. Just went in yesterday and the guy tried to convince me to use my Reward Points multiple times for pre-orders. He also asked if I was going to get/preorder Mario Tennis Aces to which I replied, yes at Best Buy with a 20% discount.

I missed a good opportunity on upgrading my vcr xbox one last week. Any good trades with the bumps?
Even with the deal last week for trading towards a Switch the OG Xbox One was only worth $150. Currently, they are running a promo for an extra $30 which I believe would make the OG Xbox One $120. I want to upgrade to a One X myself, but the amount my OG is worth and the fact that I will lose the ability to use my Kinect just turns me off from trading mine in.

Luckily Microsoft hasn't given me any reasons to play anything exclusively on Xbox One this year so I can probably hold out on upgrading to the One X a little longer now.

Even with the deal last week for trading towards a Switch the OG Xbox One was only worth $150. Currently, they are running a promo for an extra $30 which I believe would make the OG Xbox One $120. I want to upgrade to a One X myself, but the amount my OG is worth and the fact that I will lose the ability to use my Kinect just turns me off from trading mine in.

Luckily Microsoft hasn't given me any reasons to play anything exclusively on Xbox One this year so I can probably hold out on upgrading to the One X a little longer now.
Agreed, I think the best bump from last week's promo was the One S for $250.

I've been pretty bored as well this year with Microsoft's lack of desirable exclusives, so I bought the PS4 and loaded up on some of their exclusives that I've wanted to play for a long time (Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, TLOU Remastered, Uncharted).

Speaking of PS4, I'm glad I bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 and 2.8 last week for $20 each, as they went back to $30. I was surprised to see that all of the stores in my area pretty much sold out of KH. I snagged my store's last 1.5/2.5 (gutted) and second to last 2.8 (sealed :bouncy: ).

He also asked if I was going to get/preorder Mario Tennis Aces to which I replied, yes at Best Buy with a 20% discount.
That was hilarious - I can see why you would want others to know about how you owned that guy for doing his job.. 🙄

I've been pretty bored as well this year with Microsoft's lack of desirable exclusives, so I bought the PS4 and loaded up on some of their exclusives that I've wanted to play for a long time (Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, TLOU Remastered, Uncharted).

Speaking of PS4, I'm glad I bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 and 2.8 last week for $20 each, as they went back to $30. I was surprised to see that all of the stores in my area pretty much sold out of KH. I snagged my store's last 1.5/2.5 (gutted) and second to last 2.8 (sealed :bouncy: ).
I've passed on those Kingdom Hearts games multiple times. I should have gotten them for $20 though. Having the PS4 Pro makes my desire to spend $500 on an Xbox One X that much less, but if I had one I would probably play most of my multiplatform games on it.

That was hilarious - I can see why you would want others to know about how you owned that guy for doing his job..
I literally said he was doing his job and it wasn't intended to be funny, I also don't believe that I "owned" the Gamestop employee. Having worked at Gamestop before I feel bad for some of these guys constantly having to pitch stuff to people that they know aren't interested. I frequent that Gamestop and those guys know if I want to pre-order something I will pre-order it, but it's not often that I do.

is trading in my ps4 500 gig and 7 games worth it now? im also elite pro trying to trade up to new blue ps4.
If it's the Days of Play blue PS4, I think it's limited so that would be the biggest determining factor. You'll get a 50% bump if you trade in all 7 games, as well as $30 additional for your current PS4.

I ended up keeping the Wii system with the missing cover door. Instead of getting $35 minus defect fee for trading in the entire system, I traded in the wiimote, nunchuck, and hook ups and got $36.40 them. Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.

Gotta love Gamestop. 

I ended up keeping the Wii system with the missing cover door. Instead of getting $35 minus defect fee for trading in the entire system, I traded in the wiimote, nunchuck, and hook ups and got $36.40 them. Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.
Gotta love Gamestop.
This reminds me of a time years ago when I nabbed more credit by trading in my 360 power brick than what I'd have gotten by giving them the 4 gb slim system it came with. S*** makes no sense at times.

Selling items piecemeal is almost always a more profitable business, so it makes sense in that case. The way the Xbox 360s used to be priced was really weird for sure though, and I used to just take the parts in instead of the systems since most people's systems were not well kept.

Selling items piecemeal is almost always a more profitable business, so it makes sense in that case. The way the Xbox 360s used to be priced was really weird for sure though, and I used to just take the parts in instead of the systems since most people's systems were not well kept.
ah, the good ol' days where the 360 power adapter netted $36-38 IIRC by itself.

Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.
Gotta love Gamestop.
This is why I have 3 ps3 systems and only 1 controller. $22 for a controller, or $25 for a console and controller? Yeah I think not

Having worked at Gamestop before I feel bad for some of these guys constantly having to pitch stuff to people that they know aren't interested.
That must be why you needed to announce that you would buy it cheaper somewhere else instead of just saying ‘no, thanks’.

This reminds me of a time years ago when I nabbed more credit by trading in my 360 power brick than what I'd have gotten by giving them the 4 gb slim system it came with. S*** makes no sense at times.
I remember that - I did it myself 4 years ago I believe. They were giving some silly amount for just the power bricks - I remember getting close to $40 just for the power adapter. I just finally sold off the consoles themselves last year :D

I remember seeing limited edition copies of those KH games and just when I thought maybe toys r us would still have some, I find out they’re going out of business. I guess I’ll be looking out for those LE KH games on eBay or actually just get the kingdom hearts bundle later next year I think

I didn't even know this was a "real" account until I checked post history.

360 Slim AC brick & controller are worth more than 4 GB system (which require those two for trade in) currently ($20 vs. $15.)

Still eh? Man that's hilarious. Idk even know what to do with that poor 360. I'll probably keep it as a spare for whenever I don't have any consoles or pc for whatever reason.

If it's the Days of Play blue PS4, I think it's limited so that would be the biggest determining factor. You'll get a 50% bump if you trade in all 7 games, as well as $30 additional for your current PS4.
yeah thats the one i want. im probably not going to trade anything with them i just saw that if i was not elite pro i would get more for trading a ps4. makes no sense but probably a sign to just keep the OG. idk if it matters that i still have the PT demo lol

yeah thats the one i want. im probably not going to trade anything with them i just saw that if i was not elite pro i would get more for trading a ps4. makes no sense but probably a sign to just keep the OG. idk if it matters that i still have the PT demo lol
How would you get more for trading the ps4 if you were not elite pro? Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back