* * * * - 1 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#121 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3459 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

Were you the original purchaser or did you get it secondhand? Hopefully the serial number didn't ping as reported stolen or a similar issue. Pawn laws are legitimate, as is a pawn record that law enforcement has access to and reference. I'm sure it's state-specific, but having worked previously in LE, this is a real thing.

Having worked at Gamestop and another similar store called Disc Replay I can say that pawn laws do vary state to state, but almost all of them will require items like game systems have a valid serial number. If he got the PS4 secondhand there is a good chance it could have been stolen and is being flagged, but usually, that wouldn't prevent them from taking the trade. Usually, we'd take the trade in order to obtain the persons information so we could report the info to the authorities and they could investigate it. 

#122 Wrectifyy  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

I know it’s been discussed in the old thread before, but thought I would see if anyone still here knows. What’s the highest amount you can put on a Southwest Gift Card from GameStop in one transaction?

#123 sasuke543  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

A little off-topic, but those who flip to BB every so often. You can no longer buy other merchant gift cards with BB GC  :cry:  RIP

#124 Jrep37  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

probably 500

I know it’s been discussed in the old thread before, but thought I would see if anyone still here knows. What’s the highest amount you can put on a Southwest Gift Card from GameStop in one transaction?

#125 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

probably 500

Be sure to review the terms and conditions for Southwest gift cards. It can be tricky if you have a bunch of them you are trying to use at once...

https://www.southwes...conditions.html

#126 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2643 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:57 PM

FIFA 18 got a 2 dollar bump and has a base of 20. Have not played it in a while. Going to include as part of my stack of 6 games to trade towards the promo. Just a couple of months till fifa 19 anyway.

Have a dilemma. Trade in FIFA 18 PS4 with the 50% promo and get FIFA 18 for the Switch on sale now or wait until FIFA 19 Switch releases? FIFA 19 for the Switch will be better because of engine/gameplay refinements and it'll have the UEFA Champions League. But FIFA 18 has the World Cup update.

#127 Jrep37  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

That’s a good point. I think the limit is 2 cards per travelor. So putting a high number on a single card is a good idea.

Be sure to review the terms and conditions for Southwest gift cards. It can be tricky if you have a bunch of them you are trying to use at once...
https://www.southwes...conditions.html

#128 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

Have a dilemma. Trade in FIFA 18 PS4 with the 50% promo and get FIFA 18 for the Switch on sale now or wait until FIFA 19 Switch releases? FIFA 19 for the Switch will be better because of engine/gameplay refinements and it'll have the UEFA Champions League. But FIFA 18 has the World Cup update.

I don't play sports titles, but I would imagine it is best to buy FIFA 19 as close to launch as possible, and then wait for a FIFA 18 fire sale for the world cup stuff.

#129 ck0  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

10 of my games got stealth bumped.  Only two titles dropped (Shadow of War, and The Evil Within 2). 

Overall that equals to $36 more TIC, or 21.59% increase.  Glad I waited.

I'm gonna cash in this weekend.  Not gonna risk waiting until the next.

#130 zaorocks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

zaorocks

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:52 PM

What's the phrase/code to search with to see the stealth bump affected games?

#131 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

What's the phrase/code to search with to see the stealth bump affected games?

mwtjune18 I believe

#132 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Whatever happened to the e3 50% coupon thing? Was it a generic code? Did the person who said they were gonna post it get banned?

#133 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Whatever happened to the e3 50% coupon thing? Was it a generic code? Did the person who said they were gonna post it get banned?

I pre-ordered COD4 on the 15th and Spider-Man and RDR on the 12th.  Still no code in my email or offers and the Facebook page indicated the 21st. I called customer service earlier today, but the csr kept asking if my game was broken even though I explained my issue step by step.  So I hung up.  They also didn't call back despite first asking for my phone number in case of disconnection. I have like $1500 in trades to bring in, double points would be nice.

I posted this assuming you were talking about the double points code but am not so sure on re-reading.

#134 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

Here's (hopefully) the correct link for June's most wanted trades:

https://www.gamestop...j?Ntt=mwtjune18

#135 ck0  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

I didn't even know a code existed for stealth bumped games.  I just went through my excel sheet and looked each one up individually, to check for changes.  

That code may not include all games that got a bump.  I don't see AC: Origins (PS4) through that mwtjune18 link, but that title got a bump from $10 base to $13

#136 liquidsword13  

liquidsword13

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

Were you the original purchaser or did you get it secondhand? Hopefully the serial number didn't ping as reported stolen or a similar issue. Pawn laws are legitimate, as is a pawn record that law enforcement has access to and reference. I'm sure it's state-specific, but having worked previously in LE, this is a real thing.

i bought it at gamestop years ago thats why i felt so insulted. i was treated like i came in there with stolen items

#137 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3459 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

i bought it at gamestop years ago thats why i felt so insulted. i was treated like i came in there with stolen items

That's a shame. They may be able to look up the purchase if you have a receipt or know the date it was purchased on. 

#138 liquidsword13  

liquidsword13

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

"Is it an actual PS4?"

What did she see when she scanned the S/N?  That sounds really weird.

the  ONLY think i can think of is i bought the system while i was in new jersey and i live in florida now. as soon as i walked to the counter she gave a big sigh  and from that point im pretty sure i was racially profiled (as dumb as it sounds) i did not feel right as soon as i walked in,  like i knew this was not gonna be a smooth transaction. and the store was not busy i was the only customer at the moment.

#139 liquidsword13  

liquidsword13

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

That's a shame. They may be able to look up the purchase if you have a receipt or know the date it was purchased on. 

at the time it was not with my membership and just walked in and bought it and like i said it was years ago when the ps4 released.

#140 zaorocks   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

zaorocks

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

the  ONLY think i can think of is i bought the system while i was in new jersey and i live in florida now. as soon as i walked to the counter she gave a big sigh  and from that point im pretty sure i was racially profiled (as dumb as it sounds) i did not feel right as soon as i walked in,  like i knew this was not gonna be a smooth transaction. and the store was not busy i was the only customer at the moment.

A Gamestop employee "racially profiling" you by denying a large dollar trade that will help boost their individual numbers makes zero sense whatsoever. I live in Florida as well and that employee would get fired if they knowingly took in a trade for a serial number that pinged as stolen. They were probably just uncomfortable with telling you that you had merchandise that was labeled as stolen. Also just a heads up anywhere you go that does trades or pawns in Florida will require you to leave your fingerprint and mug shot as well as sign an affidavit. So if you are trying to unload a stolen PS4 good luck. I'm not saying you are but that fact you made a profile earlier this week apparently specifically to post that in this thread is questionable.

#141 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3273 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

I pre-ordered COD4 on the 15th and Spider-Man and RDR on the 12th. Still no code in my email or offers and the Facebook page indicated the 21st. I called customer service earlier today, but the csr kept asking if my game was broken even though I explained my issue step by step. So I hung up. They also didn't call back despite first asking for my phone number in case of disconnection. I have like $1500 in trades to bring in, double points would be nice.

I posted this assuming you were talking about the double points code but am not so sure on re-reading.

That's okay. Double points should show up I'm a week or so and say "points adjuatment" or something to that effect.

The e3 thing was different; had to go to e3 and donate some games to get a coupon that was 50% extra tic and b2g1.

#142 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

I used a B2G1 coupon today that I received earlier this month for creating a new Elite account.  It worked on 3 sets.  Just wanted to share.

#143 usmasters   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:55 PM

I used a B2G1 coupon today that I received earlier this month for creating a new Elite account. It worked on 3 sets. Just wanted to share.

Do you know if that is the limit, or was that how many you tried?

#144 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:01 PM

A Gamestop employee "racially profiling" you by denying a large dollar trade that will help boost their individual numbers makes zero sense whatsoever. I live in Florida as well and that employee would get fired if they knowingly took in a trade for a serial number that pinged as stolen. They were probably just uncomfortable with telling you that you had merchandise that was labeled as stolen. Also just a heads up anywhere you go that does trades or pawns in Florida will require you to leave your fingerprint and mug shot as well as sign an affidavit. So if you are trying to unload a stolen PS4 good luck. I'm not saying you are but that fact you made a profile earlier this week apparently specifically to post that in this thread is questionable.

Yep, a lot missing from this story...

#145 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5144 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

That's the guy who said he would get more trade value for a PS4 as a non-Pro member than as a Pro member, when there's no difference for hardware.

#146 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:01 AM

Do you know if that is the limit, or was that how many you tried?

That is the max I tried. I started at 2 sets and ended up at 3. I assume more would work the most I have ever purchased was 4 sets earlier in the year. I guess YMMV.

#147 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:11 AM

I can't usually get the employees to scan more than 1 b2g1 set, though the times I have recently it's only worked on 1 set. Seems pretty random.

#148 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:48 AM

I did 5 sets on a renewal B2G1 coupon, recently.

#149 liquidsword13  

liquidsword13

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

Im back in gamestop talking to the manager now. Trust me i didnt steal anything and ive done the fingerprint many times already. No picture tho. But they are handling it since she didnt feel like it. As i said before she looked at me and sighed at me like here we go. Anyway everything is cleared up i have my days of play ps4 and a 25 dolla psn card and fallout 4.

#150 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:39 AM

Yep just got my extra 30k points from the double points coupon lol