* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#15661 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

https://twitter.com/...076784382369793

Anyone get anything?

#15662 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:21 PM

Anyone get anything?

$10 coupon code for next order

#15663 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:22 PM

I finally upgraded my DS to a 2DS lol.

Just flipped 10 games that I bought ($3-6 each) from the thrift stores this past year for $133 store credit. I then used the credit plus $25 (includes a pro membership renewal) on a 2DS XL. 

IMG-2670.jpg

Going to flip the games below tomorrow which I got all from the thrift stores. 

IMG-2672.jpg

Bruh. Platinum and Diamond alone could net nearly double that for cart only. 

I would not be as blaisé about the additional stack, there's money to be had there. 

#15664 kemosahbe  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:27 PM

My order didn't get cancelled! Check out my haul:

#15665 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

Going to flip the games below tomorrow which I got all from the thrift stores.

IMG-2672.jpg

Not to sound condescending or anything, but you are a total fool if you trade those games in

#15666 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

Typical gamestop.... “pre-owned” yet clearly has a “new” tag on it.
So new is probably $1.00 pre-owned is $6, pre-owned in stock.

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

Pokemon Platinum and Fire Emblem... My heart breaks seeing you trade those in. I'd have given you $50 for each.

#15668 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

Typical gamestop.... “pre-owned” yet clearly has a “new” tag on it.
So new is probably $1.00 pre-owned is $6, pre-owned in stock.

What?

#15669 knothead65  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:41 PM

is it a code on the receipt? just bought a 500 million headset.

No code on the receipt, the box has a sticker on it that says "Neo Versa bundle" or something. The new bundle comes in black or white. Haven't opened it because it's wrapped for my son's b-day.

#15670 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3185 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

What?

Kemosahbe’s post from twitter.
Look at the first pic, zoom in.

#15671 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

Anyone get anything?

$10 coupon off my next order with no minimum restrictions. Last time it was $5 with a minimum purchase of $10 or $10 with a minimum purchase of $20.

It says offer is online only, but I wonder how the new "Pay Now" with pickup effects that. I will test it out later.

Also, not valid with other offers (probably can't stack these coupons), not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards (curious if this includes PSN/eShop/XBL), or DLC. 

Edit: I just cross-referenced the order numbers in the emails send and it was for online orders only. Nothing for the pick ups.

Edit 2: Cannot stack codes. Also, it reduces your 10% off for Pro or cag16.

#15672 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

2 codes will only work if you have 2 items in your cart to discount

#15673 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

No, they won't.

Edit: It looks like even if you got multiple codes, only one can be redeemed. None of the other ones work now. "This coupon cannot be added to your cart"

#15674 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:49 PM

No, they won't.

Edit: It looks like even if you got multiple codes, only one can be redeemed. None of the other ones work now. "This coupon cannot be added to your cart"

In the app I successfully added both codes with 2 items in cart and under summary it shows -$20 discount, just added a 3rd item and now the 3rd code I have is added

#15675 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

Hmm

#15676 jdmay21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

Did anyone trade anything in yesterday and not get points today? Looking over my account, that seems to be the case. Not sure if they did away with them or there's some other issue going on.

#15677 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2095 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Not to sound condescending or anything, but you are a total fool if you trade those games in

lol calm down you guys. The discs are in bad condition (mad scratches) and un-tested. Yeah I know I could have resurfaced the disc but I don't have the tools and time to do them. Those pokemon ds games I traded-in are fake cartridges (after google searching the serial #) but it works and plays fine. I doubt any of you guys would want them here so I flip them to gamestop and I'm surprised GS took them. These games I'm about to trade-in are in badly shape too and incomplete (no manual) and I already own them in my personal collection. I literally got all of these from the thrift stores for about $3-$6 each.

#15678 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10116 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:16 PM

Polluting the world with more Pokemon fakes is pretty gross. I wouldn't knowingly trade in a fake, but that's just me.

#15679 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

No, they won't.

So I ended up cancelling my first order with the only coupon I could use. The code wouldn't work again. Then I tried the other coupons and I got the "this coupon cannot be added to your cart" message.

So I call up Customer Service and the very nice person remedies this by giving me 40k points.

lol calm down you guys. The discs are in bad condition (mad scratches) and un-tested. Yeah I know I could have resurfaced the disc but I don't have the tools and time to do them. Those pokemon ds games I traded-in are fake cartridges (after google searching the serial #) but it works and plays fine. I doubt any of you guys would want them here so I flip them to gamestop and I'm surprised GS took them. These games I'm about to trade-in are in badly shape too and incomplete (no manual) and I already own them in my personal collection. I literally got all of these from the thrift stores for about $3-$6 each.

Ok, we forgive you

#15680 GameRTR  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

Does anyone know if Gamestop has gift cards to Longhorn Steakhouse or would something like that vary by store? I've never used credit to get a gift card outside of video game currency, so I have no idea what they even offer lol

#15681 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, some games can just be a liability to sell, even if they're generally valuable. I traded in copies of Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion (GCN) for $20 and $15 respectively, plus a Pro bump. These are coveted games, but these copies were beaten to hell, had writing on the disc and case, lacked the manuals and were at risk of having playback issues. I was content to get what I got for them, especially since I got them for pennies on the dollar in the first place. 

On a related note - apparently retro games are immune to refurb fees? This might be common knowledge, but it surprised me.

#15682 joogle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

So i I trade in the old switch do I have to buy the new one as part of the deal?

Or can I hold on to the $225 for later when switch price has some sort of promo?

Would you all recommend recommending upgrading from old to new for basically $75 pus tax at this time?

#15683 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

Polluting the world with more Pokemon fakes is pretty gross. I wouldn't knowingly trade in a fake, but that's just me.

But yeah, I agree with this and wouldn't trade in fakes. It's not the end of the world, and I'm not about to stone anybody for doing it, but it's not a good look either. 

I know "It's just GameStop," but they're extremely unlikely to catch or write-off bootlegs, and anybody buying a Pokemon DS game from GS is gonna be paying a mint. The fact that they're pretty likely to receive a bootleg is a bummer.

#15684 moopher   Uvula flicker CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:16 PM

Trading in known fakes/boots is a garbage-person move and is far more egregious than some misinformed trading.

#15685 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:24 PM

Everyone: Haha Fuck Gamespot. I can't wait until they die.

Also Everyone: Don't rip off Gamespot!

#15686 m0therbrain  

m0therbrain

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

Brag post about trading known fake games is pretty terrible though

#15687 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

What is your ire with Gamespot? Are their articles that bad?

#15688 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

Does anyone know if Gamestop has gift cards to Longhorn Steakhouse or would something like that vary by store? I've never used credit to get a gift card outside of video game currency, so I have no idea what they even offer lol

I think it's regional, maybe district based and for the most part, chain restaurants.

#15689 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:39 PM

Ive seen so many posts on these forums about the fake games, or the shitty wii u games, or whatever and here you have this guy contributing to the same thing people have complained about. You give them junk and then expect gold in return. I guess since its gamestop its just cool to do scummy things to them. Your actually disgusting.

#15690 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:41 PM

I see your point (and it's funny), but this in particular is about the customers rather than GameStop itself. Pokemon has a huge casual audience, and these fans are less likely to distinguish bootlegs from the genuine article... or even know that bootlegs are an issue. This could screw them over if they ever try to sell their copy on the secondhand market, if the save battery is on some bull Fuck , etc. Nasty surprises are never fun, especially when they're long after the return period.