* * * * - 8 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#1801 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:29 AM

Has anyone in this thread even won the giftcard for doing the reviews

#1802 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:52 AM

GS tried to give me a -$22 refurb fee because the sticker on the back of a 360E I recently bought was messed up. System was flawless. That must be one expensive sticker to replace.

you mean the sticker that gets messed up when you open the case? That would be why.

#1803 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:53 AM

The hope of getting a local prestige store is our only reward. 

#1804 Archaic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:03 AM

I must have filled out 60-70 of them, and nothing. Nor, in my entire (long) time on this site, have I ever seen anyone claim to have received one. 

I don't doubt that they send them; I just think a lot more people do the surveys than this site represents.

#1805 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1297 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:09 AM

I must have filled out 60-70 of them, and nothing. Nor, in my entire (long) time on this site, have I ever seen anyone claim to have received one.

I don't doubt that they send them; I just think a lot more people do the surveys than this site represents.

Read the terms online. I'm pretty sure you only have one entry per drawing, though employees will lie to you and say it's unlimited chances. It's buried in paragraph B under heading How To Enter:

Limit one (1) sweepstakes entry per person/address/email address/month no matter what method of entry is used

https://www.gamestop...eeps_rules.aspx

#1806 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

retro flash sale not what i wanted but buy 1 get 1 50% off all disc games 

anyone have any purchase history with any gameboy or gba games not pokemon if so what were conditions?

because based off my experiences they turned down a zelda dx i was trading in with a faded label for me before so i would expect them to be in good conditon.

#1807 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

Are they actually doing double points this weekend? I'm not seeing it anywhere outside of a reddit post. 

#1808 Adhiman  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

Are they actually doing double points this weekend? I'm not seeing it anywhere outside of a reddit post.

Yeah I got an email yesterday.

#1809 Viper X  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

From an email I got this past week.

2r42aeu.jpg

* Elite Pros: 60 points per dollar; Pros: 40 points per dollar; Players: 20 points per dollar. Double points will be added up to 7 days after transaction. See a store associate for details.

#1810 Flame Killa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Flame Killa

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:13 PM

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they have gotten rid of online certificates in the rewards center? Given that I only have an interest in their retro stuff that effectively makes rewards points completely fucking worthless to me now.

#1811 ChuckyDJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

retro flash sale not what i wanted but buy 2 get 1 all disc games 

anyone have any purchase history with any gameboy or gba games not pokemon if so what were conditions?

because based off my experiences they turned down a zelda dx i was trading in with a faded label for me before so i would expect them to be in good conditon.

I went to buy a few games and it came up B1G1 50% off the two game cube games I bought instead of B2G1 free. Still great timing. Thanks!

#1812 mojoaoe  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:23 PM

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they have gotten rid of online certificates in the rewards center? Given that I only have an interest in their retro stuff that effectively makes rewards points completely fucking worthless to me now.

they had online rewards certificates? ive never seen one before haha

#1813 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:42 PM

From an email I got this past week.

2r42aeu.jpg

* Elite Pros: 60 points per dollar; Pros: 40 points per dollar; Players: 20 points per dollar. Double points will be added up to 7 days after transaction. See a store associate for details.

I sure hope this counts for online orders, too. 

#1814 KingrocknLR   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

KingrocknLR

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

Dumb Question Time...

I've never (NEVER) traded any of my collection, but it's time to down size to what I'm playing now and a reasonable (HA!) backlog.

Would you guys say that trading in to Gamestop on this Double Points weekend is my best bet to painlessly dump the bulk of my ps3/360/wiiU/ps4/xbo discs? I know most of the values will be incredibly low, but anything is better than the stacks and stacks of game cases around the house.

#1815 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3099 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

Dumb Question Time...
I've never (NEVER) traded any of my collection, but it's time to down size to what I'm playing now and a reasonable (HA!) backlog.

Would you guys say that trading in to Gamestop on this Double Points weekend is my best bet to painlessly dump the bulk of my ps3/360/wiiU/ps4/xbo discs? I know most of the values will be incredibly low, but anything is better than the stacks and stacks of game cases around the house.

Go for it if you want cash since they're not going to go any higher before the cash promo ends.

#1816 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

Dumb Question Time...

If you want credit go find that list of stores that can’t do cash same as credit. You will get bonus 50 percent

#1817 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2621 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:47 PM

The hope of getting a local prestige store is our only reward. 

What's it mean when the store is prestige? Do they get better stock or something? One of the stores near me is considered Prestige.

#1818 Owen Quillion  

Owen Quillion

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:57 PM

Supposedly Prestige means there's a Prestige-only sale at certain intervals (I've heard both monthly and quarterly), and they get more stock of in-demand items. I don't have any actual experience with it, just hearsay mostly from reddit.

#1819 The Rodfather   Mafia Don of Frugalness CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

The Rodfather

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Anecdotal. My Prestige store has had multiple shipments of Octopath. The two non prestige got their preorders and that's it.

#1820 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1297 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

B2g1 coupon good for flipping switch pro controller in non-CSAC areas.

Especially if you get the cable with and trade it separately.

#1821 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   979 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Anyone know how long this b3g1 pop sale lasts until?

#1822 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Anyone know how long this b3g1 pop sale lasts until?

Say what?

#1823 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

Supposedly Prestige means there's a Prestige-only sale at certain intervals (I've heard both monthly and quarterly), and they get more stock of in-demand items. I don't have any actual experience with it, just hearsay mostly from reddit.

Quarterly.  It's independent of the "Pro-day" sales.  It's been that way for a year or two now.

#1824 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

Quarterly. It's independent of the "Pro-day" sales. It's been that way for a year or two now.

anybody have a best guess on the next prestige day?

#1825 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

anybody have a best guess on the next prestige day?

It should be in September since the last one was in June.

#1826 Jcmwwe  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

Hi guys can I buy a ebay gift card using my GameStop gift card or is that not allowed? Thanks.

#1827 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:45 PM

Hi guys can I buy a ebay gift card using my GameStop gift card or is that not allowed? Thanks.

Nope

#1828 chrisbravo   CAG Supreme (w/Cheese) CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:52 PM

Last week I went a couple times to trade in some games for XBL credit and the 40% promo (Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (Valid through 7/22)  still kicked in even when it was supposed to end on 7/22 and is not listed on the website anymore, would someone know when it actually ends, may want to bring some stuff in this week but even the employees in store were surprised that the promo still works and couldnt tell me when it ends.

#1829 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

Went to a semi local GS and saw and couple of things that caught my eyes....

D376506A-751F-491B-BD95-9AB63317EEB9.png

F5D9198A-2853-4F5E-90DD-117957CEDD23.png

First was that I’m starting to see more and more DS games having cases which I extremely pleased with. The second one was an ad in the store saying that they are buying retro games and as you can see it also says PS2 games (which someone mentioned earlier). Looking forward to this as I have a lot of PS2 games I would love to trade in.

#1830 thecobb8   Welcome to Cobb CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

thecobb8

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:45 PM

Went to a semi local GS and saw and couple of things that caught my eyes....

attachicon.gifD376506A-751F-491B-BD95-9AB63317EEB9.png

attachicon.gifF5D9198A-2853-4F5E-90DD-117957CEDD23.png

First was that I’m starting to see more and more DS games having cases which I extremely pleased with. The second one was an ad in the store saying that they are buying retro games and as you can see it also says PS2 games (which someone mentioned earlier). Looking forward to this as I have a lot of PS2 games I would love to trade in.

I've seen a couple stores in my area have cases for DS titles--seems to be hit or miss.

And the retro trade ins - yeah they'll definitely take them but they don't sell them them in store (at least not yet, unless the PS2 rumor stated a few pages back is true). They get shipped off for online sales.