* * * * - 8 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#1891 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:56 PM

wow, $200 for an OG Xbone if you buy an X

Makes it really tempting for me to trade my OG One for a One X, but I am already buying that Spider-Man PS4 Pro and would prefer a promo towards that. Still tempted if I can manage to come up with some extra cash. 

#1892 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2306 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Anyone who is doing the deal towards an xbox can also get a free game with it as stated in the ad from 8/10-8/18.

#1893 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

Anyone who is doing the deal towards an xbox can also get a free game with it as stated in the ad from 8/10-8/18.

Sadly I don't even know what game I would get that I don't already have on PS4. The lack of exclusive games has been what has prevented me from upgrading to a One X earlier.

#1894 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Sadly I don't even know what game I would get that I don't already have on PS4. The lack of exclusive games has been what has prevented me from upgrading to a One X earlier.

I've always been a Nintendo/PlayStation guy and the only appeal of the X1X for me would be to see how well old original xbox games run on it... and to finally play Cuphead.

#1895 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:09 PM

I've always been a Nintendo/PlayStation guy and the only appeal of the X1X for me would be to see how well old original xbox games run on it... and to finally play Cuphead.

I've always loved the Xbox platform myself and even used to work for a small gaming site reviewing Xbox games specifically. The Xbox One just hasn't had very many must-play exclusives. I bought my system with the Sunset Overdrive bundle and that game remains one of my favorites for the entire system, but there hasn't been much since and while Cuphead is an amazing game, it's not something I feel like I need to play in 4K on a One X so it makes upgrading even with this deal hard to do since I will still have to spend over $300 to get a One X. 

#1896 Evll33t   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

That trade in value for OG one is very tempting on my end, though wonder if worth it to head over since the top of the case got some scratches on it, any idea how bad of a refurb fee I'd get nailed with for that kinda cosmetic damage?

#1897 KingofGames   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

KingofGames

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

We Happy Few releases on the 10th. Great option as the free game if tapping into the Xbox One X deal.

#1898 semmelweis  

semmelweis

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

I was going to wait for a good trade in deal for my PS4 Pro to go towards the Spider Man edition. Supposedly new PS4 Pro systems are very hard to find at the moment. If true, might be easier to just sell my system for a decent price on Craigslist.

#1899 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

I've always loved the Xbox platform myself and even used to work for a small gaming site reviewing Xbox games specifically. The Xbox One just hasn't had very many must-play exclusives. I bought my system with the Sunset Overdrive bundle and that game remains one of my favorites for the entire system, but there hasn't been much since and while Cuphead is an amazing game, it's not something I feel like I need to play in 4K on a One X so it makes upgrading even with this deal hard to do since I will still have to spend over $300 to get a One X. 

I guess it all depends on how much trade credit you have to work with. I find it easier to flip systems and turn lots of credit into cash during eBay sales than to buy small games and resell. So opportunities like this are very welcome. I do also like the idea of playing the next entries of my "top" third party series, games like Resident Evil 2 Remake or Final Fantasy 7 Remake (ha!) on the more powerful X even though I already have a PS4 Pro and Switch.

#1900 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

I guess it all depends on how much trade credit you have to work with. I find it easier to flip systems and turn lots of credit into cash during eBay sales than to buy small games and resell. So opportunities like this are very welcome. I do also like the idea of playing the next entries of my "top" third party series, games like Resident Evil 2 Remake or Final Fantasy 7 Remake (ha!) on the more powerful X even though I already have a PS4 Pro and Switch.

Speak of the devil.... https://pages.ebay.c...293915763609421

#1901 gogomo  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:54 PM

Related to the console trade in deal: does Gamestop sell factory sealed consoles, or is there a chance some employee opened and used it at home and then re-sealed it like they do sometimes with games?

#1902 Viper X  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Related to the console trade in deal: does Gamestop sell factory sealed consoles, or is there a chance some employee opened and used it at home and then re-sealed it like they do sometimes with games?

I once got a resealed console (XB1S) and didn't realize it until I got home. I couldn't do an exchange because I had previously exchanged it for the resealed one. The resealed console had a bad hdd and noisy fan so I just ended up trading it in for cash at the time. When people return an unopened console, they break the seal to make sure everything is inside the box and then reseal it and sell it as new.

#1903 ssjr760   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

How hard is it to return a console to gamestop that was bought with promo?

#1904 Nelson2011   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

I've never tried it, but seems like back during the trade-in towards a switch boost. People were just getting gift receipts and returning them back at another GS.

#1905 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:30 AM

It was a few years ago but I bought a PS3 Slim *new* from Gamestop and when I got home, it was very obvious while opening the console packaging that it had been opened before. A coupla light scratches and fingerprint smudges, before I had even touched that part. Returned it.

#1906 ritchardf  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

I've never tried it, but seems like back during the trade-in towards a switch boost. People were just getting gift receipts and returning them back at another GS.

i know some stores started to deny gift receipts at one point during that promo.  biggest problem is $500 return will probably catch the eyes of LP, last time it was just $300

#1907 ssjr760   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:29 AM

True I'll just roll the dice and hope we get a promo for the spiderman ps4

#1908 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:23 AM

im sure there will be a promo idk if anyone noticed but ps4 pros have been hard to find this whole summer...all the websites have been out of stock...gamestop is restocking apparently august 18

#1909 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:31 AM

Didn’t even know PS4 pros are becoming rare now. Still waiting on a PS4 scorpro

#1910 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1297 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:49 AM

Sold a good amount of stuff. Some I've had for a while, some I just posted this afternoon because of the sale. Good deal for me.

#1911 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

Anyone else notice that Gamestop reverted to stickers that are harder to get off?  There were a few years where the stickers would just peel off the case.  Now I have to use goo gone on each one

#1912 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14330 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

I was rather hoping for a trade in promo like this towards the PS4 Pro...hopefully it will happen before the Spiderman PS4 Pro drops. I have an Xbox One S 1 TB...they did a promo a month or so ago where I could have gotten $250 towards a Switch.

It's gotta be the PS4's turn next. Or is PS4 just selling too well? As if Nintendo isn't...so it's gotta be Sony next.

Pro is pretty much sold out nationwide new until the Spider-Man units are out.

#1913 mchittumjr  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

Anyone else notice that Gamestop reverted to stickers that are harder to get off?  There were a few years where the stickers would just peel off the case.  Now I have to use goo gone on each one

Im pretty sure earlier this week I saw something on the GS Reddit page that said they were going back to the old stickers that we're easier to pull off. 

#1914 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

True I'll just roll the dice and hope we get a promo for the spiderman ps4

From what I was told a new marketing period starts on August 12th, so if there is going to be a promo for trading towards the Spider-Man Pro bundle it'll probably start then.

I've got my OG PS4 on Offer Up now and have had some offers, but if Gamestop offers a promotion where I can get at least $200 for it then I will just trade it there. 

#1915 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

Is the Spider-Man Pro even available now? Shows sold out at GS and Amazon.

#1916 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36933 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

It popped back up on Amazon earlier this week. I'm more concerned that the standard version of the game is nowhere to be found on Amazon. :-k

#1917 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2389 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

As consolation, the 500 Millionth Limited Edition PS4 Pro 2TB console should be available starting August 24th, barring any pre-order shenanigans.  Does the bonus hdd space, camera, console stand, custom translucent casing and actual limited stock offset the $100 difference (not counting the game, as well)....hard to decide, though.

EDIT : Spider-Man Pro is still readily available for pre-order on Best Buy's Website

#1918 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

I haven't been able to see the Pro Offers from Game Informer for the past few months. Am I missing it somewhere?

#1919 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

It popped back up on Amazon earlier this week. I'm more concerned that the standard version of the game is nowhere to be found on Amazon. :-k

Doesn't Amazon have some weird deal where you can't pre-order Sony first-party games?

#1920 ritchardf  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

I haven't been able to see the Pro Offers from Game Informer for the past few months. Am I missing it somewhere?

pretty sure they quietly killed the monthly promos, i dont remember any for the past 2 to 3 months