* * * * - 12 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#19201 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, mine showed up too. Pretty surprised as it looks like they processed my G2L trade as a return

A lot of the employees have no idea about the G2L in my area. The SL at the store I go to the most says hardly anyone does it and the other employees I have had to partially walk through the concept. But I live in a much sleepier area of the state.

#19202 skyborgman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

skyborgman

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:49 PM

Got my GR reward. Traded in on sat in NC

#19203 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11355 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:50 PM

Did GS Employees get a new script of things they are required to ask customers or something? Went into my usual store and saw one of the usual employees to preorder Indivisible, and he hit me with a ton of weird ass questions like "Is there a particular reason you chose to pre-order this today", "Was there some sort of reason you chose to preorder specifically with us?" and "Are there any other small indie dev games you'd like to support?" and went on a mini sales pitch about like 2 other upcoming games.

Felt super forced and awkward, like someone under the counter was secretly holding him at gunpoint.

#19204 skyborgman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

skyborgman

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

Of course the reward cert expires before CoD comes out. I was hoping to use it on that and then G2L to get another one and turn it in to TC

#19205 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3590 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

Alright PS4 and Xbox One are working takes a bit of work to get it just right just need some help with the to many requests and the preowned and new prices and we will be done

I just figured out how to get both preowned and new prices so I only need help with the to many requests and we will be good.
Spreadsheets are almost done.

To good to be true cannot grab new prices.....

Does the best buy trade sheet work? I looked at it briefly on mobile, and looked like tiv's were outdated

#19206 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   6009 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

Surprised GR cert lasts longer than Code Vein cert did

#19207 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Populous. I remember renting that thinking it would be an alright Sim City-type of game. I never did figure it out.

I've never liked sim games so I never played that.

#19208 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Email from GS this morning showing Death Stranding pre-order gets 20% extra tic boost.

#19209 SueMana  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:08 PM

Please read the FAQ this is the new spreadsheets which currently need some work.

https://docs.google....VC1o/edit#gid=0

FAQ

I found incorrect values can I report them to you? Yes this is a early build so feedback is useful.

Why are preowned and new values are missing? The program works fine but I am running into a error when accessing Gamestop.com.

I am using your program and Gamestop.com blocked me why? Did you put the MS at below 2000 MS they will block you probably thinking your trying to DDOS them.

So if the website does not have the values the values will be missing? Correct

Is the program for windows? No Ubuntu and Linux users only.

Do you plan on porting it? No

How can I help? Telling me about games to add that may be flippable later. Telling me if errors occur. Telling me values have changed so I can run the program and update the sheets.

I am trusted member can I have the program to help you make a more complete sheet? You can but I need to find people to weed out the people that will ruin it.

Do you take donations? If I do the people running the program will have a equal chance of winning that month's donations.

Are you a programmer? No, I am accountant who likes to code so I will absent during tax time and the holidays.

I have suggestions can I contact you? Yes, understand I may not respond quickly.

Can I share the sheets? Yes, it is a free country but please think about helping out as well.

Why don't you add all items? Gamestop.com will think I am DDOS them and block me again so having other people with the program gather the rest of the data will help.

Someone posted this sheet on another site do you care? Depends on the site.

What program? I have made a program to gather preowned prices and trade in values from Gamestop

#19210 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

Does anyone by chance have any information on past years Prestige Day dates? I've found very little documented anywhere, mainly just a bunch of reddit threads asking if X date is a prestige day. And judging by those threads, there would've been something like 6 prestige days last year. I thought there were only 4 a year (one each quarter)?

Just trying to get an idea of about when we might expect one.

#19211 User65536  

User65536

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Of course the reward cert expires before CoD comes out. I was hoping to use it on that and then G2L to get another one and turn it in to TC

You can use use the reward certificate on The Witcher 3 instead. That game qualifies for the G2L promotion.

#19212 SueMana  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

Seems Gamestop.com is down well these things happen.

#19213 skyborgman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

skyborgman

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:29 PM

Does Witcher have the $10 reward cert?

#19214 User65536  

User65536

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:45 PM

The Witcher 3 does not have a rewards certificate, but it's a good way of converting your current rewards certificate into trade credit. It's worth it unless trade credit is taxed in your area. 

#19215 Kapone360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Kapone360

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

I wanna trade my switch in for $250 but I already got a Xbox One X

if I do it to buy that Xbox One X and then don't open that Xbox I can just return it to a different Gamestop, right I don't care if I get only trade credit.

#19216 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:27 PM

Nothing to do with gamestop I just feel the need to brag.

I just grabbed a 32gb with 3 wii remotes and 9 games for $75 off of local facebook marketplace. 2 of the games were mariokarts for wii, mario party 9, super mario bros u, donkey kong country returns, and the rest were kind of shit.

NICE, congrats! Don't sleep on New Super Mario Bros. U - it's ugly as a mother Fuck er, but the level designs are splendid. 

#19217 Mishimaryu   EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2) CAGiversary!   1474 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Mishimaryu

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

Just a big warning for those buying used consoles

#19218 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   583 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:28 PM

Seems Gamestop.com is down well these things happen.

You might want to replace the game name text with a hyperlink to the game’s pre-owned inventory lookup.

#19219 Omni99  

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:33 PM

Just a big warning for those buying used consoles

I could have told that guy the phat PS3 was gonna overheat. All people do is get them running enough to trade them to Gamestop. Also not exactly shocking he got far less in trade in value that they bought them for. It is a business after all.

But good video overall. Gotta laugh that GS hesitated to sell them the stuff though. It's like they are allergic to money lately.

#19220 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:35 PM

I could have told that guy the phat PS3 was gonna overheat. All people do is get them running enough to trade them to Gamestop. Also not exactly shocking he got far less in trade in value that they bought them for. It is a business after all.
But good video overall. Gotta laugh that GS hesitated to sell them the stuff though. It's like they are allergic to money lately.

More moving parts means more things can break. Combine that with the heat these new systems produce and it's no surprise these systems have issues

#19221 briandadude   Vita + Xbox CAGiversary!   726 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:55 AM

It would be foolish not to scrutinize orders that exceed $700 in order to prove they did their due diligence to prevent fraud.

#19222 SueMana  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:05 AM

You might want to replace the game name text with a hyperlink to the game’s pre-owned inventory lookup.

There is no longer a separate page for that. Just the item page.

Well GameStop now shows a error message of

TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE
GameStop.com is temporarily unavailable while we undergo scheduled maintenance. We'll be back soon. I was hoping to add the pre-owned values now but it killed my progress.

#19223 Jhingles  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Welp waited until today and still haven't gotten my Code Vein coupon...what a dumb program. Happened the last time I bought a game supposedly offering it too.

#19224 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

Welp waited until today and still haven't gotten my Code Vein coupon...what a dumb program. Happened the last time I bought a game supposedly offering it too.

Did you contact customer service? Last time I didn’t get the $10 Cert, I emailed them and they added 10,000 points to my account.

#19225 Omni99  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

It would be foolish not to scrutinize orders that exceed $700 in order to prove they did their due diligence to prevent fraud.

Scrutinizing is one thing. On the video they told the guy he would have to wait 2 weeks to get the purchase cleared with his manager. They sell 500 dollar consoles by themselves, so a purchase of this size should not need a 2 week buffer. If it's cash, check all the bills carefully. If credit, check the card and ID for a match, and the last 4 digits after you run it. If it's check then either call the bank or tell them no. What approval took 2 weeks?

#19226 briandadude   Vita + Xbox CAGiversary!   726 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

Scrutinizing is one thing. On the video they told the guy he would have to wait 2 weeks to get the purchase cleared with his manager. They sell 500 dollar consoles by themselves, so a purchase of this size should not need a 2 week buffer. If it's cash, check all the bills carefully. If credit, check the card and ID for a match, and the last 4 digits after you run it. If it's check then either call the bank or tell them no. What approval took 2 weeks?

Nah, you misunderstood because their video is vague but they only mention two weeks in regards to waiting to return the consoles back. "We've waited two weeks so that we're outside of the return policy."

https://youtu.be/4o_JjYV1OZE?t=607

#19227 User65536  

User65536

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:00 PM

I called them this morning and they gave me 10000 points. It was a surprisingly easy conversation.

#19228 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

Can I get the Starlink starter kit and the $25 gift card if I buy a new Switch or is it one or the other?

#19229 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14528 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:38 PM

Can I get the Starlink starter kit and the $25 gift card if I buy a new Switch or is it one or the other?

Both if you buy the TV Switch (if the location has Starlink still in stock.)

#19230 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2874 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:04 PM

Got the $10 reward certificate for Ghost Recon on my old account but didn't get Code Vein. My new account hasn't gotten it for Ghost Recon yet, they said it would take a few more days. They did give me 10,000 points for Code Vein onto my new account though (cannot log into my old account, so points wouldn't be able to be used). The certificate for GR expires on the 23rd.