* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#20821 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:31 PM

Does anyone have an elite account that I can use?  Mine expired and I converted to pro before I knew about renewing online to retain elite.

#20822 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

Does anyone have an elite account that I can use?  Mine expired and I converted to pro before I knew about reviewing online to retain elite.

Transferring an account is a very personable experience.  The other "person" is privy to personable information.  Or the shared party can take control of the account.

I pity the fool that shares an account .. just say'in.

I hope you meant well with your question, but it can end badly for everyone except yourself.

So you're either naive or a con artist.  I hope it's the former.

#20823 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Switch values for all top tier games and BotW were accurate to the website and app about an hour ago in CT. Over 30 games at 2 stores that are near each other but in different districts I think.

#20824 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:07 AM

Anyone know if the $5 bump on PS4 games typically stacks with the guaranteed $30 (Jedi falled order)? It do they consider those two different promos that wouldn't stack?

#20825 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:13 AM

Transferring an account is a very personable experience.  The other "person" is privy to personable information.  Or the shared party can take control of the account.

I pity the fool that shares an account .. just say'in.

I hope you meant well with your question, but it can end badly for everyone except yourself.

So you're either naive or a con artist.  I hope it's the former.

No, not a scammer.   I have been on CAG for years and I just want to take advantage of Elite if at all possible.  I am sure there is a way to replace all important account info with dummy info.  I am sure someone way smarter than me can figure it out.  I don't need access to the online account I just want to use the number/email to buy and trade in store.

I know there can be trust issues but just figured I would give it a shot since the elite program is going away in the spring.  If anyone has any suggestions or experience with account sharing or transferring please let me know.

Thanks,

#20826 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:19 AM

edit: delete. 

#20827 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:25 AM

Well wreckfest is the first game getting traded in to GS from all my B2G1s next week. This game stinks bad

#20828 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

Switch values for all top tier games and BotW were accurate to the website and app about an hour ago in CT. Over 30 games at 2 stores that are near each other but in different districts I think.

Nintendo had reduced MSRP (edit)  on many games ($39.99).  Whether a vendor honored that price... (Honored by GameStop, WalMart, Target, Best Buy).  Laughably, no vendor honored every part .. only certain games, then gave a doorbuster to sell games at COST ($30).

---

Well, derp, it's the reason they lowered the price ... Nintendo lowered the bar! ($39.99 MSRP).

DK : Tropical Freeze

Mario Ace Tennis

Mario Odyssey

Octopath Traveller

Splatoon 2

Zelda: BOWT

etc..

The original site was happyholidays.nintendo.com

Nintendo gave each retailer a break if they sell their "stuff" during the holiday weekend. (essentially.)

I'm not linking this site because they got hijacked / site FUBARED.  Malicious scripts present, put it that way.  Nintendo of America .. oh.

Go to this site carefully, nasty shit awaits.  I have tools to block this kind of stuff.

The page won't load any longer unless I allow certain nefarious scripts to run.  I saw the scripts, I'll walk away.  Let it die.

---

Anyways, to flippers:

But Nintendo gave a list of 11 games they were discounting on price.  These are the games NOT to bet on, as they are only going to go down value, once they become plentiful, and value diminishes

The full list of games to avoid was on about 30 pages ago.  ~~ page 685 (IN THIS THREAD).  GAMES TO AVOID.

I like the games that don't appear on the Nintendo list.  There are some, and they will remain high value after the next price nerf.  /peace

#20829 guy3467  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:33 AM

The TIV for the various first party Switch games seems to vary between Gamestops. I only  had one with the lower TIV, and 3 others that had the higher base. So obviously I traded into to those. Just make sure you check as they are ringing you up. Some guys manually enter the value they see (ie - when i put in pro, the base values changed). 

I had the same thing happen to me. First four stores the Switch amount was fine, but my last one was off by 8 dollars per game. Luckily I had a decent associate who look up the app prices & overrided the wrong ones.

#20830 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5938 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

ALSO:

+$50 Credit if you trade in ANY Switch, XBox1, PS4 system.

For Switches:

Base $150 for older +$50

Base $200 for newer +$50

For those who did B2G1Free when it worked for consoles, go from there.

Tell someone you love them today.

I love you

#20831 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:03 AM

Huh, trade price should be the same at every GS, even if it doesn't match the app they should match each other.

My TC online pickup experiment worked earlier. Then I got the bug and worked some flips in before putting up my tree. I should be in very good shape for the PS5 next year now.

Lucky you. Two of mine had games cancelled (one B2G1 and one B1G1). Thankfully it seems I was refunded back for the cancelled games but now I have to go to both stores just to pick up and return them.

#20832 bigdog_bud  

bigdog_bud

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:12 AM

Have never played a persona game so buy 5 now or hold out for the royal edition?

#20833 eliter1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2957 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:16 AM

What's the fine print on the extra $5 for switch games? Couldn't find anything on it

#20834 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:17 AM

Lucky you. Two of mine had games cancelled (one B2G1 and one B1G1). Thankfully it seems I was refunded back for the cancelled games but now I have to go to both stores just to pick up and return them.

This is because you went online to buy games, for pickup.  It's fought with failure when you do this.

Anecdotally, I went to a far away GameStop ~40 miles away.  The inventory said they had specific titles.  2 Titles I was looking for.  I could not find them.  When I asked -- they didn't own the titles.

I was in the area for personal business anyways, so no big loss.

But my takeaway was website/app =/= actual truth.  I won't say they are lying, but I think the system is really old.  They think they have more than they actually possess for sale.

#20835 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

This is a bit off-topic, but it has to do with deal searching, at least for me.

For the past week or so, if I try to look up a specific game, instead of showing me a list of stores with new/used inventory, it just shows a list of stores with "call store" instead of inventory.

Anyone know how I can actually look-up inventory? Trying to get 3 games I want, in person, with the buy 2 get 1 sale is really tough without the ability to look up games.

Thanks.

#20836 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:00 AM

For those who have gone to stores, has the ps3 section been picked dry? Couldn't go yesterday or today, will for sure go tomorrow.

Might pick up control ps4 game with my $15 off.

#20837 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:03 AM

is that the cybermonday ad?

Seems like it. It's listed as "Cyber week", and the effective dates are 12/1 - 12/7

#20838 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:14 AM

For what it's worth, 7 of my 9 orders are shipped!

The other 2 are in limbo I suppose.  Maybe soon to be cancelled, since it's been almost 2 days.

I'll take 7 baby!

*dance*

#20839 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 02:14 AM

Wow might pick up an S Jedi bundle from Kohl’s then after all cause it’d trade for $150 and I’d get the game and $60 K bucks for $50+tax

#20840 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:35 AM

Try the app instead.

And...that worked. Thank you!

#20841 Momouchi  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:49 AM

Does the trade value on the app include the $5 for Switch games or is it just the base?

#20842 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:56 AM

Does the trade value on the app include the $5 for Switch games or is it just the base?

Trade in value you see on the site and add only ever shows the base prices without any promos added in.

#20843 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:58 AM

base + $5.

Example: app says $4.80 ... trades for $9.80 store credit.

Users have reported a blackout period for the +$5 bonus.  Don't trade in now, apparently.

There appears to be a down time, where no bonus exists.

HOWEVER ----

The Cyber Monday ad says it will be back effective 12.02.19.  (In a couple days.)  No end date, but realistically, 'til the next flyer comes out.

Trade your stuff in after the second day of December.

Oh yeah, it includes Switch, PS4, XB1 ..

Read the ad!! :)

There you go.

#20844 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:07 AM

base + $5.

Example: app says $4.80 ... trades for $9.80 store credit.

Users have reported a blackout period for the +$5 bonus. Don't trade in now, apparently.

There appears to be a down time, where no bonus exists.

HOWEVER ----

The Cyber Monday ad says it will be back effective 12.02.19. (In a couple days.) No end date, but realistically, 'til the next flyer comes out.

Trade your stuff in after the second day of December.

Oh yeah, it includes Switch, PS4, XB1 ..

Read the ad!! :)

There you go.

You should lay off the alcohol.

#20845 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:10 AM

You should lay off the alcohol.

Does anything I have said bother you?

#20846 GangbangOrangutang  

GangbangOrangutang

its probably a UPS surepost package, which ups delivers to usps and usps delivers to you. they used to give you just the ups # and it would confuse everyone because the ups would show delivered when it was just dropped off at usps

It would be nice to know whether I'm getting it on December 2nd, or December 10th because that's a huge discrepancy. I also had Amazon cancel baldurs gate today, I guess they oversold it, which is also a pain bc GameStop requires $35 purchase to get free shipping.

#20847 Momouchi  

People reported it working earlier today, hopefully it's working tomorrow too so I can use the trade credit for an Xbox bundle.

#20848 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:12 AM

It would be nice to know whether I'm getting it on December 2nd, or December 10th because that's a huge discrepancy. I also had Amazon cancel baldurs gate today, I guess they oversold it, which is also a pain bc GameStop requires $35 purchase to get free shipping.

People here are your personal punching bags.  Tell us more.

#20849 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:15 AM

Have never played a persona game so buy 5 now or hold out for the royal edition?

I'd probably just buy P5 now, considering it's so cheap. It's a great game and a new edition coming out won't change that. Also, the changes aren't likely to be anything worth spending a lot more money towards anyway

#20850 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:29 AM

Does anything I have said bother you?

The structure of your posts and your ignorance over things you have said.