* * * * * 2 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#2101 SPORK94  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

I want to do the 200 xbox promo. What are the limitations? Can I return the xbox and keep the 200? Will it be prorated if I do not put it towards something else?

#2102 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:06 AM

I know this is probably a recurring question, but I'm looking to trade in my Xbox one s for the X, but only have the Elite and Lunar White controllers, which I don't want to trade in, but I'd like to keep the bundled controller with the X. Anyone know of the cheapest Xbone controller I can pick up to throw in to trade? GS has a Captqin America controller for $12, but there's none near me, after that the lowest I can find is around $20.

#2103 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

I know this is probably a recurring question, but I'm looking to trade in my Xbox one s for the X, but only have the Elite and Lunar White controllers, which I don't want to trade in, but I'd like to keep the bundled controller with the X. Anyone know of the cheapest Xbone controller I can pick up to throw in to trade? GS has a Captqin America controller for $12, but there's none near me, after that the lowest I can find is around $20.

im p sure they require the default controller

#2104 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2174 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

You do know you are supposed to trade in a first party controller with the trade in right?

#2105 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:33 PM

Your best bet is to find a cheap controller off of Craigslist or FB marketplace to trade in. Try maybe a pawn shop too

#2106 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1531 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

You do know you are supposed to trade in a first party controller with the trade in right?

You used to be able to throw third party controllers in with trades, did they stop that with the current systems? Oh well, guess I'll just give up the pack in controller, they've let me do that before.

#2107 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Does anyone know the chances of the Spiderman Ps Pro coming back in stock? My Ps Pro sounds like a helicopter taking off sometimes and I'm worried I should get a new one while the gettings good lol

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

#2108 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

Does anyone know the chances of the Spiderman Ps Pro coming back in stock? My Ps Pro sounds like a helicopter taking off sometimes and I'm worried I should get a new one while the gettings good lol

I doubt you'll be able to pre-order anywhere at this point, but I do think if you really want one that you could probably find one when they come out next month. It'll probably also be loud though, my PS4 Pro is only loud when running more intensive games like God of War. I hope the Spidey Pro isn't as loud since that will become my main PS4. 

#2109 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

I doubt you'll be able to pre-order anywhere at this point, but I do think if you really want one that you could probably find one when they come out next month. It'll probably also be loud though, my PS4 Pro is only loud when running more intensive games like God of War. I hope the Spidey Pro isn't as loud since that will become my main PS4.

Yeah I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out. I think the Spidey pro is the best looking PS4 to date imo. But yeah when I was playing Detroit my pro was so loud it was ridiculous. Probably how they all are though due to how graphically demanding it is. I was hoping maybe the Spidey pro would be better in this regard.

#2110 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out. I think the Spidey pro is the best looking PS4 to date imo. But yeah when I was playing Detroit my pro was so loud it was ridiculous. Probably how they all are though due to how graphically demanding it is. I was hoping maybe the Spidey pro would be better in this regard.

Do you have a launch pro? If so those are notoriously loud, I switched to the god of war pro and I haven’t heard the fan ramp up much at all

#2111 Deadpool1005  

Deadpool1005

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

In the same boat as you, my current Pro is basically a hovercraft. Cant play No Mans Sky without it being obnoxious. Are you not going to try for the 500 million translucent Pro? Or does the Spider-man one really check all the boxes for you personally? 

#2112 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Do you have a launch pro? If so those are notoriously loud, I switched to the god of war pro and I haven’t heard the fan ramp up much at all

I have a plain black pro, but I got it awhile after launch so I'm not sure honestly.

#2113 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:43 PM

In the same boat as you, my current Pro is basically a hovercraft. Cant play No Mans Sky without it being obnoxious. Are you not going to try for the 500 million translucent Pro? Or does the Spider-man one really check all the boxes for you personally?

I personally think the Spidey pro is a better fit for what I want. Besides that it's gonna be hard to get the 500 million pro. It sold out almost instantly on Amazon uk when preorders opened today.

#2114 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

I really liked that Monster Hunter World one. I like the Spider-Man one too, but I wish it had some blue trim around it or something. Not a huge fan of the all red personally.

I have a launch Pro, but it only seems to be loud when playing games like God of War. I play Overwatch with little to no sound. 

I personally think the Spidey pro is a better fit for what I want. Besides that it's gonna be hard to get the 500 million pro. It sold out almost instantly on Amazon uk when preorders opened today.

The 500 Million Pro is very cool, but I can't justify the extra money unless I knew I was going to flip it, which I wouldn't want to do. I am going to buy the controller and headset though. 

#2115 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2319 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

The 500 Million Pro is very cool, but I can't justify the extra money unless I knew I was going to flip it, which I wouldn't want to do. I am going to buy the controller and headset though. 

Is the PS4 camera that comes with the 500 Million Pro a normal version or does it have the custom translucent blue casing design, as well? 

#2116 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7603 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

I see that Madden NFL 19 is guaranteed $30 TIV for 30 days for Elite.  Do I need a coupon like in the past?  I got it as a free game at GameStop so I technically didn't buy it from them. 

Want to hold on a bit and see if there are any better deals (Amazon, Best Buy or GS) for it before I trade it.

And I assume the 10% bump for buying PSN/Live credit when you trade is over finally? 

#2117 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

And I assume the 10% bump for buying PSN/Live credit when you trade is over finally?

We don’t know yet

It worked for me Sunday

#2118 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Is the PS4 camera that comes with the 500 Million Pro a normal version or does it have the custom translucent blue casing design, as well? 

It is also translucent blue. They are doing the Pro console, Dualshock 4, Gold Headset, and camera in the translucent blue from what I understand. I still have my original Gold Wireless headset from when the PS4 version came out and it works fine, but it isn't translucent blue so I think I need the upgrade for cosmetic reasons more than anything lol. Same with the controller too since I just bought the Midnight Blue a few months ago and will have that Spidey controller next month.

#2119 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   273 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

For those looking for Spidey PS4 Pros, I was able to get GoW pro by walking in around 8pm on launch night (launched at 9pm) and paid for one in full. Call your local Gamestops to see if they have them on launch day.

#2120 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Anyone have luck swapping out one of their "4 for $20" games after the promo has ended (but still within the 7-day return period)?  I want to replace the 4th "filler" game I grabbed with another game that has the same ($9.99) price. 

#2121 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:47 PM

did gamestop do reservation for 500 mill console?

#2122 Deadpool1005  

Deadpool1005

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

For those looking for Spidey PS4 Pros, I was able to get GoW pro by walking in around 8pm on launch night (launched at 9pm) and paid for one in full. Call your local Gamestops to see if they have them on launch day.

I am probably wrong in thinking this but I would be willing to bet the Spider-man pro due to its character association will either be on par or possibly even more valuable than than the 500 million Pro. Main reason being is Spider-man will always be relevant and every time a new Spider-man movie comes up the value will only rise. 

#2123 knothead65  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

did gamestop do reservation for 500 mill console?

As far as I know there are no pre-orders in North America, only way to buy it is online on 8/24 so take the day off and get a case of red bull.

#2124 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

As far as I know there are no pre-orders in North America, only way to buy it is online on 8/24 so take the day off and get a case of red bull.

lol thanks

#2125 knothead65  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:02 PM

I am probably wrong in thinking this but I would be willing to bet the Spider-man pro due to its character association will either be on par or possibly even more valuable than than the 500 million Pro. Main reason being is Spider-man will always be relevant and every time a new Spider-man movie comes up the value will only rise. 

Spider-man Pro $450-$600 sold recently on ebay, 500 Million one just went for $1600, most in the $900 range. Crazy thing about the $1600 listing is the seller is in the US and won't even know if they will have/get  one to sell yet.

#2126 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   948 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

god of war pros new sell for 6-700 now. a target near me has one and I keep asking myself if I want to grab it and put it on ebay

also I was able to grab 14 ps4 games for $40 on let go. 10 of them were worth $2-$7 each so I put them all towards preorders to get an extra $5 on each one

#2127 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

god of war pros new sell for 6-700 now. a target near me has one and I keep asking myself if I want to grab it and put it on ebay

also I was able to grab 14 ps4 games for $40 on let go. 10 of them were worth $2-$7 each so I put them all towards preorders to get an extra $5 on each one

Separate pre orders or could they be applied to the same ?

#2128 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, the Spider-Man Pro may be worth more in the long run than something like the God of War Pro, but I can't imagine it will be more valuable than the translucent blue console. 

#2129 ck0  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

I found this e-mail in my junk folder today.  Came from a suspicious address, but I went directly to the website and it seems legit from looking at the court docs.

http://www.braysecur...settlement.com/

Anyone else should check their junk folder, as the e-mail has a claim ID.

Data Breach Class Action Settlement - GameStop Website Customers

The Settlement provides two types of payments to people who submit valid claims: 1) Reimbursement of up to $235 for out-of-pocket expenses and documented lost time that resulted from the Security Incident; and 2) Reimbursement of up to $10,000 for extraordinary expenses which were more likely than not caused by the Security Incident. 

#2130 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:21 PM

Is gamestops site not working for anyone else? I can very rarely get the site to even load up much less do any successful searches. 

I've been consistently having problems for the past week and a half, since they started that retro flash sale.

Try clearing your browser cookies.  Someone else posted that a few days ago and it worked for me