* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#21391 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:15 PM

Did my 2nd and last flip just cause it is a hassle. Guy I bought from said "I know what you're trying to do" and was visibly annoyed he had to adjust some game prices from $20 to $10 but he went through with it. Traded them in no problem. Hopefully there will be bigger margins next time. Thanks for the help

#21392 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1070 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:19 PM

No, the b1g1 was only for Black Weekend. They switched to the dual 4/10 and 4/20 sale.

Okay so not that bad

I was looking to pad my ps3 collection

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#21393 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:28 PM

My account got flagged. Started flipping today and when I got to the 3rd store(up to this point only traded in 8 games). Some guy came from the back and said he was going to call all the stores in the area give them my name so they would not take trades from me. He said I wasn't trade banned but he knew what I was doing. I asked how he knew he said" the system saw that I bought and traded the same games in the same day".

Yeah this didn't happen. Sounds like you trying to scare others because you are not getting anything done.

#21394 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:38 PM

Maybe it varies by district? Could be some have updated registers and some don't.
So how did that conversation end up going? "Uhhh...must have been some other guy!"

I just denied it and he reluctantly did the trade, but the next time I went in, the clerks were whispering to each other about me.

I didn't necessarily mean that they could see your last transactions, though it could be the case. If you use the app, there is a section called "My Library" that tracks your purchases and trades. (On poweruprewards.com, it's called "My Lists".) So assuming that it updates in real-time, I think the clerks are looking into your account to make game or preorder recommendations based on your purchase history; if you're trading in dozens of games, that's a lot of trade credit to gain in one transaction, and they want you to spend some of it right then. It is a sales job after all, so they are under pressure to upsell any way they can.

#21395 Adhiman   Banned Banned   318 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Adhiman

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:01 AM

From a CAG Discord:

“They just sent me an email
My store is part of a test of reduced trade values where the money our items are worth in store are less than what it comes up on the app and we aren’t allowed to make people aware of this information
And I just found that out and I’m not happy
If the customer calls us on it we are supposed to adjust"

Would explain why some flips were coming up incorrectly this week.

#21396 Nosferatu1922   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Nosferatu1922

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:03 AM

Has anyone bought a couple things online, got a tracking number for bought items, but when the items showed up some items were missing from the box?  They weren't on the pack in slip either, but the website says the items were supposed to be in this box with this certain tracking number.

Should I wait for more packages to come in or should I drag through customer service?

#21397 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:03 AM

Okay so not that bad

I was looking to pad my ps3 collection

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you wanted games at the 10 or 5 dollar price points (in groups of 4), it would be the same price, at least.  Everything else... maybe wait for the next sale. :)

#21398 shakenbake31  

shakenbake31

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:05 AM

Yeah this didn't happen. Sounds like you trying to scare others because you are not getting anything done.

You're right, I'm a bitter fearmonger.

#21399 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

Gamestop is so friggin cheap. Ordered a NEW copy of the Switch game, “Wasteland 2: Directors Cut”. Of course, the game arrived UNSEALED. I know GS sells some games with the last copy unsealed but I’m really surprised they do this for online orders too.

Don’t think I’ll be ordering online for shipping at GS ever again.

#21400 ohhellnaw  

ohhellnaw

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:28 AM

You're right, I'm a bitter fearmonger.

At least you are honest...now.

#21401 McNednarb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

McNednarb

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:29 AM

Thank you to the advice, got a decent amount of credit for two after work stops. For the first time, I left negative feedback about my experience today. Made sure to emphasize how helpful and friendly the staff always are, but the store stunk to high heavens due to a neighbor’s (chain restaurant) backed up plumbing - disgusting! Was told it’s been about a week since the issue. Hope it doesn’t bounce back on the associate, nothing they could do.

#21402 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

..How can anybody really be surprised in 2019 about GameStop's "new" bullshit?

#21403 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:40 AM

Thank you to the advice, got a decent amount of credit for two after work stops. For the first time, I left negative feedback about my experience today. Made sure to emphasize how helpful and friendly the staff always are, but the store stunk to high heavens due to a neighbor’s (chain restaurant) backed up plumbing - disgusting! Was told it’s been about a week since the issue. Hope it doesn’t bounce back on the associate, nothing they could do.

There was a worse story on the GS subreddit: a neighboring hair salon had caused backed up plumbing since they were always flushing hair down the toilet, and it flowed out of the GS bathroom and into the stock room. The store was shut down for the day and the staff had to salvage what they could from the stock room. It could've been a fake story because I would sure as shit quit that job before I go into any room with overflowing sewage.

#21404 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:48 AM

The last game that I am yet to receive from my BF orders (project gotham racing game 3 360) still says "awaiting availability" even though my closest store has one. Odds on it never even getting shipped?

#21405 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:11 AM

There was a worse story on the GS subreddit: a neighboring hair salon had caused backed up plumbing since they were always flushing hair down the toilet, and it flowed out of the GS bathroom and into the stock room. The store was shut down for the day and the staff had to salvage what they could from the stock room. It could've been a fake story because I would sure as shit quit that job before I go into any room with overflowing sewage.

this story makes me laugh so much, who cares if it's true.   I don't know of any other store that is so well known for keeping actual stock in the fucking employee bathrooms lol lol

but on topic, if anyone's worried about jr detectives snooping into their transaction history the easiest way to completely avoid that is to just not give them your Pro info when you buy the games - the 4 for $20 deal doesn't require it, so the only thing you really even miss out on is points (even though points have always been one of the big benefits of boomeranging, they're easy to forego if you are really that worried about drawing attention to your account). 

#21406 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3477 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:23 AM

It took a day of driving around to several different Gamestops but I was able to swap out the generic cases for all of the games from my online BF orders! :D

Sadly I found out that a few stores in my general area are closing down in January, at least two of which are Prestige stores.

The store I visited today was just starting their clearance sale so everything wasn't tagged yet but collectibles (including Funko Pops & amiibo) were 20% off, pre-owned accessories were 20% off, new accessories were 10% off, pre-owned games were all 10% off (*which did NOT stack with Pro/Elite Pro discount), new games were 5% off, and retro games were 30% off.

#21407 jeffcrazy   oh well whatever nevermind CAGiversary!   1432 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

jeffcrazy

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:46 AM

I noticed the new website will show you transaction history on your trade/gift cards.  Goes back as far as 2017 on one of my cards.

I didn't even know GS had a new website until earlier this week (stupid real life interfering with my video games) so thank you very much for posting this!!  I knew there was a reason I never threw away the massive stack of old GS Gift Cards!!   Quite a while back, Gamestop would send out emails that included how much unused credit you had - IIRC, mine peaked at over $700.  An employee I was friendly with went far above and beyond normal customer service to try and help me get it figured it out, but we could never get a straight answer for what was really going on.  And that using their employee help line in store and on their phone!!  Imagine the shit that regular customer service put me through before that. 

It's actually kind of amazing there's never been a class action lawsuit considering all the stories everyone has.   Then again, I am guessing most of us have broken the site's TOS many times so it just is what it is. 

edit - Google just informed me it's not criminal to break a website TOS, so who knows.  Obviously, not me!

#21408 EvilSena  

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:51 AM

This is weird. I know I pre-order a game recently, but it won't show up in the website on my account. Does it take a take a while to update? 

#21409 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:01 AM

I received a $5 bonus on Fallout 4 PS4 despite it having a value of $1.50 on the website. Total was $6.65.

Sooo I guess it works on titles worth less than $2?

#21410 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:32 AM

It's really too bad that they dont do 4 for 10s and 20s online. They lose a lot of business not doing that.

#21411 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

..How can anybody really be surprised in 2019 about GameStop's "new" bullshit?

I'm used to it "in-store". Didn't think they'd actually pull the same gabage with a new game purchase made via online shipping, where you have no option to decline getting an opened “new” game as you can when in the physical store. Returned it to a store tonight for store credit. The manager told me that every time GS asks his store to ship a new game to someone and there's only the unsealed copy left, he refuses. Wish more were like him.

#21412 ichocobeans  

ichocobeans

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:44 AM

My elite pro expires today. Does the online renewal still work? If so, do I renew digital or physical?

#21413 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:48 AM

I received a $5 bonus on Fallout 4 PS4 despite it having a value of $1.50 on the website. Total was $6.65.

Sooo I guess it works on titles worth less than $2?

Somebody go trade in mass effect andromeda, to confirm.

#21414 Momouchi  

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:57 AM

Same happened when I traded in FO4 too.

#21415 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:03 AM

My elite pro expires today. Does the online renewal still work? If so, do I renew digital or physical?

Still works last time I checked. Tried it for myself a couple weeks ago and boom, magic. Just wait for it to revert to normal unpaid then chose the digital GI option.

#21416 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23448 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:12 AM

Question- what's the best way to deal with a missing game in a package? I receive a package which was supposed to have a Vita game but only received an empty case for the Vita game. 

i tried calling the help line but after being on hold for like 1 and 10 minutes, it just disconnected. I know this CS has been non-existent over the past year or two but was hoping it got better due to recent updates. 

#21417 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:21 AM

Question- what's the best way to deal with a missing game in a package? I receive a package which was supposed to have a Vita game but only received an empty case for the Vita game. 

i tried calling the help line but after being on hold for like 1 and 10 minutes, it just disconnected. I know this CS has been non-existent over the past year or two but was hoping it got better due to recent updates. 

I'm with you brother. I had questions about a shipped order on Monday...sent an email to their orders dept and still, no response, 4 days later. I also called, as you did, put on hold for 40+ minutes and then it was disconnected. The next time I called, I put in for a call back. 45 minutes later, someone called me back and said 'not my department...let me transfer you'. Put on hold for another 45 minutes, then the call disconnected again. And we wonder why this company is in shambles. They likely aren't prioritizing any form of customer service.

#21418 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:39 AM

Holy shit I'm gonna have a field day if that bonus applies to any ps4 or Xbox game

#21419 SueMana  

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:49 AM

Holy shit I'm gonna have a field day if that bonus applies to any ps4 or Xbox game

It does not work on Dungeons 2 and some other PS4 games.

#21420 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:50 AM

Well there goes that dream then