* * * * - 12 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#21931 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:11 AM

Just not my holiday year. Gamestop/UPS shipment of Resident Evil 2 and DMC 5 apparently stolen off my front porch. Either that, or the driver still has ‘em. For some reason, the package containing Trine Collection for the Switch was left unharmed on my porch. Guess thieves don’t like puzzle platformers? Oh well....someone will get to enjoy two great games. I hope they have a wonderful time.

#21932 Omni99  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:20 AM

Unless I'm missing something, unless you go sperg mode and buy as many of the $5 games you can in your area, this doesnt seem worth it at all. If you pay $20 for 4 base $3 games, you're only profiting $12 in GS money. I mean if you're really hurting for cash I guess? But it really seems like more trouble than what its worth.

Hopefully you should be able to find at least one 5 dollar game to mix in there. With my EP it's 4 dollars a game, 16 bucks total, and with 1 higher value game in there that alone is 20.80 profit for a set of 4 games. More than 100% profit. That's the really beauty of this deal. You can make double you money back and not eat up your trade credit cap space either.

#21933 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:37 AM

Well I'm about to do something I don't often find need for, rant about a horrible experience at GS. Warning: Don't bother with their layaway program, ever.

Last month I canned my layaway for the PS4 Fortnite Neo Versa Bundle in favor of picking up the Only on PlayStation bundle during BF. During the same visit I also canned my pre-order of NFS Heat on XB1. I had the total balance from that which was $37.20 applied to a NSW Lite layaway order and added another $10. I'm thinking everything is set because it's on hold and I can pick it when I pay it off in a few weeks.

Fast forward to today and I get the brutal lesson that the GS layaway program is completely useless. I go to the store to pay it off and find out they did not set one aside for a layaway order. The rotten cherry on top, they don't have the color I picked (turquoise) in stock. Stupid me, I pay it off anyway even though I should've just waited. The guy helping me proceeds to tell me that once they get in stock again they'll call me. When they do just bring the receipt showing that I paid it off. Who knows when that will be...

Moral of the story, I'm never using GS for layaway on gaming items again. I also made up my mind that I'm not going back to that particular store after this either. Since the SL and ASL have been let go or moved to other stores, the vibe has totally changed. I am going back tomorrow and cancelling it. Just tell them forget it and had I known that this was going to happen I never would've put it on layaway in the first place.

/rant

Edited by GamerSavage, 04 December 2019 - 12:53 AM.

#21934 BangBucks  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

Anyone gotten points from their black Friday deals

#21935 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:47 AM

Anyone gotten points from their black Friday deals

Yes, they showed up the next day. Online order points showed up when they shipped my order.

#21936 Omni99  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:13 AM

Well I'm about to do something I don't often find need for, rant about a horrible experience at GS. Warning: Don't bother with their layaway program, ever.

Last month I canned my layaway for the PS4 Fortnite Neo Versa Bundle in favor of picking up the Only on PlayStation bundle during BF. During the same visit I also canned my pre-order of NFS Heat on XB1. I had the total balance from that which was $37.20 applied to a NSW Lite layaway order and added another $10. I'm thinking everything is set because it's on hold and I can pick it when I pay it off in a few weeks.

Fast forward to today and I get the brutal lesson that the GS layaway program is completely useless. I go to the store to pay it off and find out they did not set one aside for a layaway order. The rotten cherry on top, they don't have the color I picked (turquoise) in stock. Stupid me, I pay it off anyway even though I should've just waited. The guy helping me proceeds to tell me that once they get in stock again they'll call me. When they do just bring the receipt showing that I paid it off. Who knows when that will be...

Moral of the story, I'm never using GS for layaway on gaming items again. I also made up my mind that I'm not going back to that particular store after this either. Since the SL and ASL have been let go or moved to other stores, the vibe has totally changed. I am going back tomorrow and cancelling it. Just tell them forget it and had I known that this was going to happen I never would've put it on layaway in the first place.

/rant

Sounds like Gamestop. It's the same logic they use to sell some people's preorders out from under them in some districts...the idea that it's better to make a sale now and roll the dice they'll get another one before you come to get yours.

#21937 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:51 AM

I traded in 27 games today at Store B and was hit with a refurb fee on Mad Max. I took it back to Store A where I bought it from to get an exchange but I did not have a receipt. The cashier said I could only trade it in and then she charged me a refurb fee. The irony is that she just sold me the game in bad condition. I did not know that they charge tax on refurb fees. I should have asked for a lower price on the game when I was buying it, since it was damaged. I am not mad because it was a flip anyway. Lesson is to not buy scratched up games.

even with the refurb fee you were getting more on the trade in than you paid for it. why did you not have a receipt for a game you just bought though?
I just bought a Knack and when i went to flip it it was scratched but i still made more money after refurb than I would if I returned it,so why would I do that?

#21938 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

Sounds like Gamestop. It's the same logic they use to sell some people's preorders out from under them in some districts...the idea that it's better to make a sale now and roll the dice they'll get another one before you come to get yours.

So much this! I should have known better than to do a layaway there with that failed logic. Unfortunately the guy that helped me today is going to take a hit to his numbers when I cancel it. It was a different employee that helped me set up the layaway for the Switch Lite a few weeks ago.

#21939 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:53 AM

btw, there are still good redbox flips right now. borderlands, crash racing, presumably mortal kombat and maybe PvZ but do your own homework :)

if you dont want to hear about the sticker on the redbox games, put some Goo Gone on the sticker, let it sit for a couple minutes, dry it off, then hit it with a  hairdryer while you peel it off. it may come off in 2 pieces, it may come off in 50 pieces, but it will come off without hurting anything.

#21940 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:21 AM

I see a lot of folks saying "do the work on your own," and while I do agree, it helped me out a lot since I didn't have the time (at that moment) to do some basic research because of my work schedule.  I was, however, able to take that list after work and go to my home store and get 32 games to flip at another store.  So thank you to avenger for the info.

I'm not sure if loose links sink ships in this thread (I haven't been around a long time so who knows), but it is definitely a possibility.  Guess I'll just have to DM folks in the future so we don't upset the balance in this deal thread.

On another note, every game I got didn't dip under the $2.00 minimum like some pointed out...so hopefully others out there flipping today were able to pull it off successfully.  Unfortunately, Hello Neighbor games did ring up higher, so I had him put them back because when he manually adjusted them to 8.99 it didn't trigger the bonus.  

#21941 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:48 AM

I'm all for sharing info. The spreadsheets were great back in the day. But the flamboyant posts and the spelling out of every title gets GS attention much faster than sharing info. This round is also pretty straight forward as it's tough to miss something of some value. When the info is shared and then we get the posts that basically ask the community to do every ounce of work for them over and over it's basically waving a "hey GameStop, over here!" Flag.

There's definitely a difference between helping and doing all the work for someone.

A little effort goes a long way is all.

Fair enough, but I wasn't necessarily defending the people who aren't putting in any work, just those who are new and/or trying to participate and in turn, will pay it forward.

But all that said, after further reflection, I think I should just respect how you all operate since I'm no longer part of the GameStop game. I appreciate when others do help, but no need for me to comment anymore on it. I'll just try to help when I can and let everything else be.

#21942 Jhingles  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

Son of a gun...my flippable games are supposed to get here tomorrow or the next day so I hope values hold. It's so easy to hit the trade cap with all these so I hope everyone is being careful.

#21943 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8045 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:53 AM

First BF in a while that I entirely skipped Gamestop. Between their past mistakes with my online orders and other retailers beating them on price this year, I saw no reason to go there. Unfortunately, there's nothing on the older gen I wanted much, either, and frankly, selection for those older consoles near me is pretty much totally picked dry, and has been for some time.

On Thanksgiving I walked right by the GameStop near my parents.  There were like 5 customers in the store.  I didn't even go inside.  Nothing I wanted this year other then a PS4 controller which I picked up the Monday before Thanksgiving.  Sales start earlier in the week for the controller so I avoided the "rush" of Thanksgiving or BF.  

#21944 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21058 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

For those who need further evidence of the 4 for 10 and 5 for 20, here's the sign that stores are supposed to put up, and you can see the date in the bottom right corner confirming start date as Dec 02.

1Sp8kOK.jpg

If your store is telling you they have no idea what they're talking about, it's really them who has no idea what they're talking about, which isn't that much of a stretch.

#21945 Alexpguy  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:56 AM

Flipped 28 games from the list above for $100 profit. It took the one employee over an hour to pull all the games and about 5 minutes to trade them back in. On a positive note, I got a steelbook for CoD WWII and GT Sport, and got the soundtrack for Dark Souls 3.

#21946 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   70 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:58 AM

Since its time for gifting, are we able to buy iTunes Gift Cards with trade credit? (I can't seem to find that image). Apparently my nephew plays something called Brawlstars.  :oldman:

#21947 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:28 AM

Flipped 28 games from the list above for $100 profit. It took the one employee over an hour to pull all the games and about 5 minutes to trade them back in. On a positive note, I got a steelbook for CoD WWII and GT Sport, and got the soundtrack for Dark Souls 3.

Why did it take an hour to buy the games? It's a lot of games to pull out, but still shouldn't have taken that long unless they were doing other tasks or helping other people.

#21948 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:34 AM

Bro wtf

That’s dumb as crap to do that in the same store

#21949 WigBuster  

WigBuster

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:36 AM

The definition of having absolutely no self respect.

#21950 Adhiman  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:52 AM

It doesn’t say he flipped them at the same store.

#21951 WigBuster  

WigBuster

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:00 AM

It doesn’t say he flipped them at the same store.

Doesnt matter. Sounds like he bought the games with steel books and kept them. Scum move.

#21952 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3072 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:01 AM

The definition of having absolutely no self respect.

Shut the Fuck up, you obnoxious prick.

#21953 Jhingles  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:03 AM

One good story from this weekend. Went into a store and just before I got there someone had traded in a Duke Nukem Balls of Steel CE. Turns out the seasonal took it in without the game so the associate just gave it to me. Free bust of the duke baby.

#21954 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3275 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:30 AM

Got my sega genesis today, it was in a big box with ZERO packing, it was about 1/18 of the box just flying around in there, hope its not broken.

#21955 Omni99  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:33 AM

So now it's time to wonder...will they continue this even tomorrow? Even if the Sony games go off sale there are lots of options left potentially. Makes me wonder if they fired the wrong web guy or something.

While I don't think GS is in immediate danger I am thinking that the ship is sinking faster than most people know. I don't think they will have a good holiday season. They will be saved by all the hours they are cutting and other such moves but the year over year sales will look pretty bad IMO. Only one store looked near as busy as it was last year over the weekend in my area.

#21956 MellowSky  

MellowSky

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:50 AM

Hey anyone by chance still have a screenshot of gamestops Facebook response to people making money off of the promos?

#21957 Jhingles  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:03 AM

Hey anyone by chance still have a screenshot of gamestops Facebook response to people making money off of the promos?

The one where they said go for it and enjoy? Lol

#21958 mojoaoe  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:06 AM

4 for 20 9.99 and below, and 4 for 10 4.99 and below active instore. Some of the ps4 hits games are still 8.99 pre-owned. Also picked up the og xbox one for $99.99 and also includes a free year of prp. Showed up as $89.99 for the xbox and $10 for the prp.

Lol. I was in the hood last night getting b2g1 switch games and 4for20 to flip. In walks this guy who purchased a xbone for I believe 179.99 the week before, apparently it had some issues. So he goes to exchange it. They return it at the 179.99 price and then they tell him that its now $99.99 cause of the black friday sale and that he gets a prp. Dude was ecstatic. Hes like "dam yall savin me money up in this bitch, word fam?, shiiiiii". "Yo man here's $5 for looking out, thats the weed money right there boi". 

#21959 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:07 AM

Doesnt matter. Sounds like he bought the games with steel books and kept them. Scum move.

really dude?  what kind of logic are you using?

he paid for the items. once he purchased the items he is 100% the owner and has a right to trade or sell them the way he wants to.

#21960 WigBuster  

WigBuster

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:28 AM

really dude? what kind of logic are you using?
he paid for the items. once he purchased the items he is 100% the owner and has a right to trade or sell them the way he wants to.

"Heh, look at my kewl steelbook for this game I dont own!" *he says to his sperg friends in the basement*

You are just as big a loser for defending him. It makes you look even more like a goofball if he really did exchange it at the same store, because then he really never "owned" it.