* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#22141 HookerMctitties   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

HookerMctitties

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:13 AM

Can anyone recommend 4/60 switch games. I mostly like retro or indie games. Some games I looked up are 25.19 used.

LEGO Harry Potter
LEGO Incredibles
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Dragon Dogma
Yu-Gi-Oh
Darksiders Warmaster Edition

Someone posted this list earlier. Sorry I don’t remember whom to credit. If someone has more to list, please feel free to add.

#22142 TheGuido   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:35 AM

LEGO Harry Potter
LEGO Incredibles
Crash Bandicoot Racing
Dragon Dogma
Yu-Gi-Oh
Darksiders Warmaster Edition

Someone posted this list earlier. Sorry I don’t remember whom to credit. If someone has more to list, please feel free to add.

Dude asks for recommendations to play and gets a flip list...hahaha

#22143 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:25 AM

Found a bag of 11 games I forgot I bought over cyber whatever. Merry Christmas Harry, happy Hanukkah marv

#22144 SueMana  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:21 AM

Values have held

#22145 User65536  

User65536

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

Best of luck to everyone participating in this flip. I am right at the trade limit for two accounts already (No ID requirements at my local store), so I am going to take it easy on this one.

Considering the fact that they never bothered to address the 4/20 flip for the entire 2 week promotional cycle, there is certainly the possibility that they don't care about potential loopholes for the time being. Trade credit, like gift cards, is recorded as a liability when issued and then recorded as revenue when used. It is why they offer an extra $5 on games that normally trade in for $2 even though they would be making little to no profit before even accounting for other promotions. Trade credit promotions make sense in this case because it incentivizes the average consumer to come to the store to use their credit, which will in turn inflate their revenue. 

GameStop has effectively given up on profitability until the next generation of consoles, so it makes more sense for them to maintain their revenue for the purpose of their shareholders at this point. They will certainly care about profitability in the long term, which is why they are making changes to PUR next year, but stacking promotions in an attempt to increase revenue is what makes sense in the short term. We are simply benefitting from the loopholes created from this endeavor. 

#22146 TherapyFox  

TherapyFox

Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but the $5 bonus on game trade ins is gone, right? (except for Switch games)

If so, then it sucks since Redbox is selling Fallen Order for $25 which would have been a good flip. 

#22147 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3030 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:27 PM

I love the GameStop thread

#22148 SueMana  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

Values dropped repeat values dropped

#22149 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Damn! Gamestop finally catching on!!

#22150 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

That happened to me too. Some of us still like to play games, guys..

#22151 Fanboygamer   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Fanboygamer

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:59 PM

With my flips I bought a bunch of t-shirts and Legos for gifts. Now that I have a bit of credit leftover I want to get some switch games and bump up my collection. There's a few games in my area I have my eyes on but looking for a few recommendations.

#22152 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

Everspace for $17 Worth it?

#22153 SueMana  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:30 PM

14 drops from the list 118 remain list has been updated as well

Damn! Gamestop finally catching on!!

Nah just the stealth bump and drop ending.

#22154 bigdog_bud  

bigdog_bud

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:45 PM

So does gamestop still  take redbox games in trade? 

#22155 Fanboygamer   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   213 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Fanboygamer

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

With my flips I bought a bunch of t-shirts and Legos for gifts. Now that I have a bit of credit leftover I want to get some switch games and bump up my collection. There's a few games in my area I have my eyes on but looking for a few recommendations.

#22156 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

So does gamestop still take redox games in trade?

Some locations can give you a hard time about it, but I traded a Redbox game this past weekend.

#22157 shinclyde   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:47 PM

Ir would be once to see the list

#22158 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

So does gamestop still  take redbox games in trade? 

They do.  Some of the games I bought from Gamestop last week were redbox rentals and at least one gamestop store charged me a refurb when I flipped it back.

#22159 2changz  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 05:52 PM

Can you post the list again please? Looked back 6 pages and couldn’t find it.

#22160 gldndomer  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

A manager told me a used Switch is $230 if u buy it with a 4 for $60 deal

#22161 WeaponX2099   You walk on the subway CAGiversary!   5494 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

Can you post the list again please? Looked back 6 pages and couldn’t find it.

At the top row with the replay to topic, there is a "new" feature of Link post only. It should help you find it faster.

#22162 Gamwhiz  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Seems a lot on sheet, even now, is a no-go for 4/60, though; AC3, Bendy, Banner Saga, Call of Cthulhu, bloodstained; all showing 27.99-29.99.

#22163 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:06 PM

A manager told me a used Switch is $230 if u buy it with a 4 for $60 deal

Yes, it's in this weeks ad.

#22164 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:48 PM

So a bit annoyed, I have 3,960 points. Not enough for a $5 cert....

Not planning on buying more stuff, other than persona.

#22165 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:49 PM

I've started receiving 1st party switch games (3 total now) that are really junk titles (latest was Troll and I with a Mario Party sticker) with a 1st party game sticker on it.  Poorly printed and placed stickers, at that

#22166 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3447 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

I've started receiving 1st party switch games (3 total now) that are really junk titles (latest was Troll and I with a Mario Party sticker) with a 1st party game sticker on it. Poorly printed and placed stickers, at that

Wow I heard about that happening, but employees were supposed to make sure the code on the label matches the code on the back of the cartridge, guess they aren't doing that anymore.

#22167 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

Wow I heard about that happening, but employees were supposed to make sure the code on the label matches the code on the back of the cartridge, guess they aren't doing that anymore.

When I trade them, some do, some don't.  With the sheer number that I order, it's bound to happen, but it's just frustrating.  I've had it happen on 3DS and Vita too.  I hate people

#22168 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3030 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

4 for $60 works on retro on the website. Maximum Carnage is a good flip if you can wait.

#22169 Gamwhiz  

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:32 PM

When I trade them, some do, some don't.  With the sheer number that I order, it's bound to happen, but it's just frustrating.  I've had it happen on 3DS and Vita too.  I hate people

I mean, thing to remember is that lots of people in here are buying and selling back games for high-4 digit returns every year. Others are grabbing steelbooks for games they intend to sell right back without them; still others look to burn employees on surveys (potentially costing jobs, or at the very least bringin' them down for a few days) for what one party sees as busy-body JDing, and the other sees as swatting down someone using an exploit just as immoral as re-stickering for personal profit.

Everyone has their own standards of morality.  All parties probably just see it as just a smart move, stickin' it to the man for a bit of extra cash they can afford to lose; it's just that, while people here just don't necessarily care about costing gamestop (the faceless entity) money, the people doing this also don't necessarily care about costing whoever next buys it FROM gamestop (the faceless individual). Heck, they might even expect GS to  be competent and catch it before it even reaches that point (lol)

Still freakin' sucks, since it's a massive pain in the dick for the buyer - but I get why it happens, too.

E; from a few hours later, since I aint about to be that guy obnoxiously multiquoting 5 pages deep - didn't at all mean to make any point about legality here, or even try to compare any of the listed examples against each other directly on some kind of quantifyable scale-of-badness. Rather, just playing devil's advocate on a moral question and mind set that interests me; above's how I've always interpreted the general people behind this kind of corporate fraud, return-a-brick-in-the-box type of shenanigan.

Some people care about staying within the written bounds of rules/policies/laws, even while bending them as hard and far as they can go; others are willing to cross that line, but justify it with a generally smaller scale and internalized assumption there's no real victim. Could probably get a spicy argument going between the guy who scored $200 bucks restickering Dora the Explorer vs the guy who flipped himself into owning half the store's inventory over a year.

#22170 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

I mean, thing to remember is that lots of people in here are buying and selling back games for high-4 digit returns every year. Others are grabbing steelbooks for games they intend to sell right back without them; still others look to burn employees on surveys (potentially costing jobs, or at the very least bringin' them down for a few days) for what one party sees as busy-body JDing, and the other sees as swatting down someone using an exploit just as immoral as re-stickering for personal profit.

Everyone has their own standards of morality.  All parties probably just see it as just a smart move, stickin' it to the man for a bit of extra cash they can afford to lose; it's just that, while people here just don't necessarily care about costing gamestop (the faceless entity) money, the people doing this also don't necessarily care about costing whoever next buys it FROM gamestop (the faceless individual). Heck, they might even expect GS to  be competent and catch it before it even reaches that point (lol)

Still freakin' sucks, since it's a massive pain in the dick for the buyer - but I get why it happens, too.

Most people would agree that removing a sticker of one game that's practically worthless to pass the game off as a much more valuable game is wrong.  50/50 state laws would agree that this sort of fraud is criminal theft.

You're comparing apples to oranges.  If someone thinks that buying low and selling high is morally wrong, then why would that same person shop at Gamestop (since that's what all businesses that sell good do).  The re-stickering is fraudulent theft.