* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#23071 noobcake  

noobcake

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:35 AM

The 20% bonus trade in towards DBZ doesn't stack with the $5 bonus on Switch games right? Which one is the better promo?

#23072 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8528 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:14 AM

The 20% bonus trade in towards DBZ doesn't stack with the $5 bonus on Switch games right? Which one is the better promo?

If you are trading Switch games with a base value less than $25 (but $2 or greater), then the $5 promo is better. Switch games with $25 base value, they are equivalent. If you are trading anything (games for other systems, or Switch games greater than $25 base value), the 20% is slightly better, though personally I don't think it is enough of a value difference to make it worth the pre-order unless you actually want the game and need to have it at release.

#23073 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:30 AM

So much for those trusting the GS app. Looks like they lied about the B2G2 ending later than 1/29

#23074 2changz  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

So out of 27 orders, I got my first cancellation. 2x Luigi’s Mansion and 2x Dragon quest XI. Still pending on 11 games but those are all awaiting availability. Everything else expected delivery date or tomorrow or Tuesday but that’s not likely haha

#23075 Skititlez   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Skititlez

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

So out of 27 orders, I got my first cancellation. 2x Luigi’s Mansion and 2x Dragon quest XI. Still pending on 11 games but those are all awaiting availability. Everything else expected delivery date or tomorrow or Tuesday but that’s not likely haha

Damn. Were those games all part of the same order? Curious if you're going to bother to contact customer service over correcting the cancellations or just let it slide with the amount you bought. Keep us posted!

#23076 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:52 AM

Just left a GS prestige store, I asked the manager and he said the b2g2 ends today, the signage is referring to the winter sell. Idk I would get all my orders in just in case.

Typical Gamestop.  It said it under the B2G2 sign, but they would say it refers only to some other deal

#23077 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:49 PM

Are there any PS4/Xbox games with a $30 base?

#23078 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3035 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:09 PM

Store signage says 1/1 as well

I got excited when I saw this on a sign yesterday, but the 1/1 was referring to the Winter Sale, while there was a 12/29 underneath the B2G2 portion

#23079 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:06 PM

Are there any PS4/Xbox games with a $30 base?

Only the Madden 20 FIFA 20 bundle.

#23080 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

So much for those trusting the GS app. Looks like they lied about the B2G2 ending later than 1/29

App says the +$5 ends 1/1/2020, anyone confirm if it still works today?  :-

#23081 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

I've got nothing cancelled yet with most 25th orders that shipped arriving today/tomorrow as well.

Everything $49.99 and under has shipped (except 1x Bloodstained)
21/24 $54.99 switch games have shipped 
2 awaiting product availability (MK8 x2)
1 Preparing shipment (MK8) edit: shipped

CAG16 still disabled :(

#23082 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

Confirmed $5 bonus for switch games with a TIV greater than $2 is still working. Tried 5 minutes ago.

App says the +$5 ends 1/1/2020, anyone confirm if it still works today? :-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#23083 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

Could I trade $33 base Switch games in + $5 bonus trade credit + 20% bonus toward Dragon Ball Z? I assume no since both offers say "Cannot be combined with any other offer."

Would it be in poor taste to take the 20% offer ($39.60 total) and then cancel the pre order? I believe I remember others saying you only need to apply $5 to the pre-order (allowing to get the 20% bump on multiple trade ins).

End goal is to use trade credit toward Animal Crossing (3/20).

#23084 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10178 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:04 PM

Confirmed $5 bonus for switch games with a TIV greater than $2 is still working. Tried 5 minutes ago.
Wonder if that stacks with the 50% non CSAC...

#23085 mchittumjr  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:06 PM

Could I trade $33 base Switch games in + $5 bonus trade credit + 20% bonus toward Dragon Ball Z? I assume no since both offers say "Cannot be combined with any other offer."

Would it be in poor taste to take the 20% offer ($39.60 total) and then cancel the pre order? I believe I remember others saying you only need to apply $5 to the pre-order (allowing to get the 20% bump on multiple trade ins).

Put $5 towards DBZ then next time you go in tell them to cancel and put towards Animal Crossing. Doesn't hurt their preorder numbers that way. 

#23086 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

I got some of my Christmas purchases today. I opened one package and inside was Hello Neighbor for PS4 and the other game was Dragon Marked for Death for Switch.  I never ordered these.  They had the packing slip for me but for a game that I did order (Fire Emblem 3 Houses).  I was annoyed until I opened the next package which had FE in it and the identical packing slip.  So I got the game plus these two.  No idea who was supposed to get them.

#23087 mojoaoe  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

I got my buddy into flipping during the $5 bonus last week. He used my elite pro acc to buy and his pro to sell, which is awesome for me cause of the extra points I accumulate even when not flipping. During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter so i would ask to look at the whole stack an pretty much buy it all or id take the 1 or 2 good titles off the shelf and ask if they had a mario game he just traded in preowned and look at the stack again and buy most of it lol... this was a good last hurrah. Only a handfull of times did they sell one of the games we just traded in, but then we'd just pick out a lower trade value switch game like lets go pikachu or hyrule warriors or something..

#23088 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

I got my buddy into flipping during the $5 bonus last week. He used my elite pro acc to buy and his pro to sell, which is awesome for me cause of the extra points I accumulate even when not flipping. During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter so i would ask to look at the whole stack an pretty much buy it all or id take the 1 or 2 good titles off the shelf and ask if they had a mario game he just traded in preowned and look at the stack again and buy most of it lol... this was a good last hurrah. Only a handfull of times did they sell one of the games we just traded in, but then we'd just pick out a lower trade value switch game like lets go pikachu or hyrule warriors or something..

Diabolical.

#23089 Gamwhiz  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:41 PM

During B2G2 I made a plan with him when I started to notice the lack prime switch tradable games out there. Basically both of us would go into a gs store fairly close apart to each other, trade in all our best shit, and then we would drive to where the other just traded in their stuff, play dumb and ask if they had a switch title the other just traded-in in stock pre owned. They would usually be like oh yea someone just dropped it off and have the games behind the counter

Diabolical.

H GS flip party, LF1, HMU for deets.

MUST HAVE CAR, PURP (or better), TC$1000 or more (I WILL check)

.../s

#23090 Cloudx9  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:58 PM

You guys don't live in the Houston area do you? Cause I swear there's somebody doing the same thing around town from Thurs to yesterday.

#23091 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

Does CAG give out awards? Because him and his friend should get one for the most creative way to maximize profit.

The Grand Nagus salutes you  :applause:

#23092 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6793 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

Does CAG give out awards? Because him and his friend should get one for the most creative way to maximize profit.

The Grand Nagus salutes you :applause:

A long time ago, yeah, there was an annual awards thing. But that was back when the website and forum actually mattered to the management.

#23093 User65536  

User65536

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:17 PM

I had my girlfriend flip all of my games the other day in order to get around the $2000 trade limit. I promised to buy her Animal Crossing if she agreed to help. I can attest that flipping is so much easier when someone else is involved. 

#23094 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Promos don't stack.

#23095 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Wonder if that stacks with the 50% non CSAC...

Nope, promos don't stack.

#23096 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

Local store still had the b2g2 signage up even tho the small print says it ended yesterday

PS3 controllers were not tested

#23097 Cloudx9  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

Local store still had the b2g2 signage up even tho the small print says it ended yesterday

PS3 controllers were not tested

I don't think it will matter since their computer probably won't apply b2g2 anymore when you check out at the register.

#23098 mojoaoe  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

You guys don't live in the Houston area do you? Cause I swear there's somebody doing the same thing around town from Thurs to yesterday.

Smart guys, wish i did it for that long. We were only able to do it yesterday because our schedules didnt fit up, also nope we're in chicago. there are so many gamestops here roughly 10 mins apart here its insane. in one of the burbs theres literally 6 on the same road driving for about 20 miles. 

The Grand Nagus salutes you  :applause:

Thank you, but honestly if i had someone who is all business like myself we could have made a killing in credit, buddy likes to make small talk and browse around which wasted a lot of time. He also bitches out and buys small items to not look suspicious. I was nice enough to get gpg on a couple games if the dudes seemed cool af tho. Im still sitting on 50+ prime switch games  which I will most likely sell for cash. have enough credit for a new system next year and a couple game, that should be enough for me to stop flipping at gs.. elite pro will expire by then, maybe one last go next summer??? we shall see

#23099 kemosahbe  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:26 PM

Smart guys, wish i did it for that long. We were only able to do it yesterday because our schedules didnt fit up, also nope we're in chicago. there are so many gamestops here roughly 10 mins apart here its insane. in one of the burbs theres literally 6 on the same road driving for about 20 miles. 

Thank you, but honestly if i had someone who is all business like myself we could have made a killing in credit, buddy likes to make small talk and browse around which wasted a lot of time. He also bitches out and buys small items to not look suspicious. I was nice enough to get gpg on a couple games if the dudes seemed cool af tho. Im still sitting on 50+ prime switch games  which I will most likely sell for cash. have enough credit for a new system next year and a couple game, that should be enough for me to stop flipping at gs.. elite pro will expire by then, maybe one last go next summer??? we shall see

You guys must have been what ruined my wife's bday lmao. She wanted a Switch and some games, went to Cermak & Western and they mysteriously moved to Southloop. By the time I got there they were gone again. No hard feelings, she just gets fewer games now.

#23100 war18  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

How did you get around the 5 of a single title in 30 day trade ban rule? I earned around 400-500 credit and im at like 4 on every single switch title. Did you just go over and they didnt ban you?