* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#23131 Patcher  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:16 PM

I ordered 8 games. Two separate orders, both shipped the 27th with estimated delivery for today but still at label created. Who knows what'll happen

#23132 JBlade00   pwnage!!1! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:19 PM

My status:

46 orders

---

29 fully shipped

7 partially shipped (most have 1 or 2 items left and mixture of preparing for shipping / awaiting availability)

10 orders in progress with the majority of them "Awaiting Product Availability". All of these orders were on the 27th or 28th. The others (shipped) were mostly on the 26th.

#23133 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:23 PM

My status:
46 orders
---
29 fully shipped
7 partially shipped (most have 1 or 2 items left and mixture of preparing for shipping / awaiting availability)
10 orders in progress with the majority of them "Awaiting Product Availability". All of these orders were on the 27th or 28th. The others (shipped) were mostly on the 26th.

This dude said 46 orders, lol

#23134 filldoh1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

By the way the arrival dates on GameStops website are usually wrong. Copy and paste the tracking number to ups.

#23135 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:28 PM

Probably in store, I ended up with like 3 copies as fillers to my b2g2 work and worth it in those particular stores.

Correct, 90% of my list was online orders.

#23136 Keero   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

Anyone know a way for me to find out which two of my games were free and which were paid if they failed to include ANY invoice in my package? I ordered Code Vein, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Links Awakening, and DQ XI. CV and FE3H arrived today. No slip. Other 2 are awaiting availability and I have no idea what to expect for pricing if they cancel the other 2, and I'm running out of time to return any as I wait for the other 2 games.

Unrelated question: I have 50k points, and would like to redeem for a 50 dollar cert, and use that for a 50 dollar xbl gift card. That should work, correct?

Thanks in advance!!

It's possible the invoice is behind the shipping label covered in protective plastic. Found this out in one of my orders when I was cutting up a bubble mailer.

#23137 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

By the way the arrival dates on GameStops website are usually wrong. Copy and paste the tracking number to ups.

Have done this, still all labels just created

#23138 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

Anyone know a way for me to find out which two of my games were free and which were paid if they failed to include ANY invoice in my package? I ordered Code Vein, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Links Awakening, and DQ XI. CV and FE3H arrived today. No slip. Other 2 are awaiting availability and I have no idea what to expect for pricing if they cancel the other 2, and I'm running out of time to return any as I wait for the other 2 games.
Unrelated question: I have 50k points, and would like to redeem for a 50 dollar cert, and use that for a 50 dollar xbl gift card. That should work, correct?
Thanks in advance!!

Got rejected trying to do this yesterday with an iTunes card, the guy said they aren’t supposed to do that. Went to another store and worked fine. Be aware that the certificates I redeemed yesterday show today as the expiration date, so I have to go out an use the other today.

#23139 JBlade00   pwnage!!1! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:43 PM

This dude said 46 orders, lol

I did. Like 375 total games ordered. I don't mess around when it comes to *once in a few years kind of deal*. Mostly retro. I don't do any of that flip back to Gamestop stuff. Though I may sell some of it elsewhere to recoup what I spent. 

Gonna be interesting to see if they mess up the orders or if games don't work / counterfeits. :)

#23140 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:48 PM

Do California stores get 50% since they have a cash same as credit deal going on?

#23141 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   563 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:52 PM

Gonna be interesting to see if they mess up the orders or if games don't work / counterfeits. :)

Got my first non-working switch game from Gs today - looked clean but wouldn’t register... use a eye glasses cleaning wipe on the metal area and it worked. So for those flipping it semi pays to check for gold points and to ensure it works!

#23142 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

Have done this, still all labels just created

It's nothing to sweat about.  Stores do this to "show" their attentiveness to customers, and to corporate.

Their response time is swift (to print the label) .. yet the package takes some time to truly be prepared.

EBay sellers do this as well.  It's equally annoying.  It's considered shipped, even if only the label was generated, with the package not even picked up, or nothing in any kind of box to be picked up, for that matter.

It helps with GS's store metrics with regards to response time, but it's a farse when it gets done this way.  I understand why it's done this way.  It's still cheesy.  Corporate only looks at numbers though, not actual corresponding data.

On the bright side, once they pre-paid for a label, I've never had an order cancelled.  If an order is cancelled, nobody can ever re-use the paid for label, unless it's going to the same address, etc.  Labels are non-refundable, as I understand [USPS says they can be refundable (if petitioned), but I've tried before, and nobody responds, so w/e -- believe UPS is the same way - glad to take money, .. if you wan't it back, good luck].

#23143 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

It's possible the invoice is behind the shipping label covered in protective plastic. Found this out in one of my orders when I was cutting up a bubble mailer.

Amazing call. That's exactly where it was. FE3H was 46 and code vein was free. So I guess I'll see what happens with the other 2.

For part 2, I saw the one response saying it didn't work on iTunes, but I thought gaming gift cards were still good?

#23144 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

Only 4 of my games haven't shipped yet, NSMBD x2, Octopath Traveler & Bloodstained (NS). Mario & Octo was ordered on Xmas.

Ah the $50 certificate only show on the website. I checked the app yesterday and only seen the smaller amounts.

#23145 ritchardf  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:27 PM

i have a couple orders spread over around 6 shipments, all say "shipped" since last week but they just made the label and never dropped them off. they are all next day air too.

#23146 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:46 PM

Damn just checked UPS and mine say the same thing. GameStop says delivery by the 31st but UPS shows that nothing has actually been shipped. We'll see if anything comes tomorrow.
One order supposed to arrive on the second from Texas.

#23147 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:50 PM

Do California stores get 50% since they have a cash same as credit deal going on?

Yes

#23148 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:55 PM

Which game?

Luigi’s Mansion 3

#23149 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10135 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:55 PM

Bought Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis, Kirby Allies, and Marvel 3 on Friday for B2G2. ~ $100 or so.

Traded Kirby and Marvel 3 back to GS today for $88.

Thank you, California!

#23150 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

I just received an envelope with 3 Switch carts inside a generic DVD case lol.

#23151 ritchardf  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:09 AM

im sitting here wondering who i have to talk to in order to get laws changed to not allow cash payments in my state......

#23152 D_Icon   'D'_ott_Elitist CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:10 AM

Im glad the windy city flippers were at it till yesterday. I found all 4 games i wanted for the switch. Just kept refreshing that gs app until the games i wanted showed up near me.

#23153 Sqrtl007sqd  

Sqrtl007sqd

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:11 AM

Got my first 6 games, of the 28 I ordered. 2 in full case, 3 in generic black case and a brand new sealed copy of Breath of the Wild. I'm at 3 games awaiting availability, including Witcher 3 which went from preparing to ship to awaiting product availability this morning, and Link's Awakening which is supposedly at preparing for shipment. I have a bad feeling that I'm gonna get screwed out of 4 games, but I'll give it a little longer before I get too worried. 

#23154 darkskill   Legend CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

darkskill

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:26 AM

I got an email today saying there was a problem with my payment, and that I needed to update it within 48 hours or my order would be canceled.

The thing is I’ve already received 3 out of 4 games, with the last one “preparing to ship” for the past few day’s. The charge definitely went through on my PayPal account, so I don’t know what they’re on about.

#23155 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:29 AM

Anybody else seeing this going on GameStop's website?

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.gamestop.com/?" on this server.

Reference #18.9750cc17.1577751873.10bf5dc5"

I think it may be a service provider issue (had problem's with Spectrum before regarding Groupon and Yelp) but don't know for certain.

#23156 noobcake  

noobcake

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

"Access Denied

I think it may be a service provider issue (had problem's with Spectrum before regarding Groupon and Yelp) but don't know for certain.

I have the same problem, cleared my cache and cookies but it still doesn't work. I can view it in incognito though.

#23157 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:36 AM

So 46 orders how much did that cost and how do u plan on playing them games. God DAMN!

#23158 BangBucks  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

Had to call in for missing points from Black Friday and b2b2 promo. Both gave me 360 points even though my totals were $58 and $25. I ordered another set on Saturday and I'm guessing I'm gonna have to call again. What a hassle these foreign cs ppl don't listen or understand but the pts put me close to the $10 pre-owned reward so I had to call

#23159 Gamwhiz  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

"Access Denied

I have the same problem, cleared my cache and cookies but it still doesn't work. I can view it in incognito though.

Been refreshing thread and reddit waiting for this; literally only hitting me on firefox, though.

Chrome and IE on same machine functioning as normal; chrome on mobile android, same deal.

Been ongoing for about an hour now. Same as Noobcake, cache+cookies don't make a difference.

#23160 Atomized   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Atomized

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:55 AM

Been refreshing thread and reddit waiting for this; literally only hitting me on firefox, though.

Chrome and IE on same machine functioning as normal; chrome on mobile android, same deal.

Been ongoing for about an hour now. Same as Noobcake, cache+cookies don't make a difference.

Having this issue as well, Only firefox, works fine on Edge,  Private Window in firefox also works. 

However I'm also seeing that CAG16 isn't working anymore when using it through Edge, or private window Firefox.