* * * - - 32 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#23791 andrew.torres1017  

andrew.torres1017

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:35 PM

Quick question, has anyone been “dumpster diving” in the GameStop’s that are closing? If so, what have you found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23792 Skititlez   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Skititlez

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:39 PM

Anybody know a firm that handles class action lawsuits that we can shoot some questions to about this whole situation?

#23793 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6148 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:47 PM

Yeah, like anyone's gonna take the case. They sell opened games as new, and that doesn't seem to get them in trouble.

#23794 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

For what it's worth, I called once my free item showed as cancelled, and the gentleman I reached was more than willing to help. In my case it was a paid and a free game. One cancelled and one awaiting. He placed a new order for one equally priced game for 0.00, and then had me place a store pick up order for the cancelled one at full price that was available for pickup near me. He then manually cancelled the Awaiting item. I did reach one person that spoke broken english who said nothing they could do. Called back and got this guy that at least sounded like he was not outsourced. So I guess YMMV?

#23795 Kpjcelj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, like anyone's gonna take the case. They sell opened games as new, and that doesn't seem to get them in trouble.

Someone could. Bigger companies than GameStop have been sued.

#23796 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:02 PM

Also got cancellation emails that took effect on the order status on the website. Email said "Important Note: If you used a gift card to pay for your order, you will receive a new gift card by email."

I paid with trade credit, so maybe they will email a gift card, maybe not. I guess debating something like B48G46 vs B46G48... either works for me! I'll live with more sales like this in the future.  :- Like previously said, put your rarer games as the paid ones when adding to cart so the common ones are "Free!". 

4 years from now when this "class action lawsuit" gets settled, I'll add another $0.43!

#23797 LannistersDebt  

LannistersDebt

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:05 PM

Just checked and my 2 games pending stock were cancelled. The online invoice says I will only be charged $52.95 for 2 games but they actually took $97.65 off of my gift cards. Just called customer service and they said they would be launching an investigation and someone will email me in 24 hours. Honestly wouldn't have bothered calling if $52.95 was what they charged me but I'm not letting them get away overcharging me. I am now officially taking bets on the odds that I get an email back. 10 to 1 I don't

#23798 Nova9000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Nova9000

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

Also got cancellation emails that took effect on the order status on the website. Email said "Important Note: If you used a gift card to pay for your order, you will receive a new gift card by email."

I paid with trade credit, so maybe they will email a gift card, maybe not. I guess debating something like B48G46 vs B46G48... either works for me! I'll live with more sales like this in the future.  :- Like previously said, put your rarer games as the paid ones when adding to cart so the common ones are "Free!". 

4 years from now when this "class action lawsuit" gets settled, I'll add another $0.43!

ask them to remove the "Outstanding Pre-authorization Hold" on your Trade Card. It's the only way I got my credit back for my cancelled order.

#23799 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:32 PM

Just checked and my 2 games pending stock were cancelled. The online invoice says I will only be charged $52.95 for 2 games but they actually took $97.65 off of my gift cards. Just called customer service and they said they would be launching an investigation and someone will email me in 24 hours. Honestly wouldn't have bothered calling if $52.95 was what they charged me but I'm not letting them get away overcharging me. I am now officially taking bets on the odds that I get an email back. 10 to 1 I don't

Same here. 

Gonna call them this weekend and just ask them to send me my missing game from my BF and for them to address this. If it doens't get fixed, just gonna file some complaints with BBB (I know, does nothing) and look into some other simple things I can do that might get something done, might not but it's worth trying. I remember when I filed a complaint with the FCC due to Comcast issues and Comcast actually called me to address my issue. 

#23800 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM

ask them to remove the "Outstanding Pre-authorization Hold" on your Trade Card. It's the only way I got my credit back for my cancelled order.

I called several times after black friday after a store pickup was cancelled and I finally got someone to do this. Call your trade card a gift card and they can do this over the phone if you get the right person. Only helps if it was a paid item was cancelled.

My last game appears to be a paid item and still showing awaiting stock. I just hope it gets shipped or cancelled soon. Card seems to show the right balance last I checked.

#23801 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3534 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

That’s what I am thinking. I almost want to start one of those online petitions, but it seems that a lot of people have the attitude of “oh well I lucked out before so I’ll just let this slide”. That shouldn’t be the case, gamestop shouldn’t be allowed any slack. They are a business. Just because some might have been able to get 11 good orders doesn’t mean they should let that 12th order with the incorrect charge slide.
I am so tired of the BS that gamestop is pulling.

Yeah ... good luck with that.

It's not a lawsuit, and if an attorney tells you it is, he probably got his law degree from an online store.

#23802 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3094 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:12 AM

Interesting that they're closing a ThinkGeek store and reopening it as a GameStop. Reminds me of the last new Kmart to open.

Quick question, has anyone been “dumpster diving” in the GameStop’s that are closing? If so, what have you found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2012 I got a PS3 kiosk, 360 kiosk, and a ton of shelving. They also threw out the drawers, which was odd because the unoccupied space in the mall still has the EB Games style counter intact.

#23803 Grogu   In a galaxy too far away..... CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:34 AM

My Mario Maker 2 was cancelled but Link's Awakening is still awaiting availability (both were my free games).

#23804 joshxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:37 AM

i have 3 orders and each one had one game cancelled, i called the gs number and first they gave me $10 dlls i told them that with 10 lousy dlls couldn't buy a good game, then after one hour they told me that they were giving me 5,000 points, so they went from 10 to 5 , really gamestop is a joke, and i can't return the games because i gave some as late Xmas gifts.

#23805 joshxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:41 AM

For what it's worth, I called once my free item showed as cancelled, and the gentleman I reached was more than willing to help. In my case it was a paid and a free game. One cancelled and one awaiting. He placed a new order for one equally priced game for 0.00, and then had me place a store pick up order for the cancelled one at full price that was available for pickup near me. He then manually cancelled the Awaiting item. I did reach one person that spoke broken english who said nothing they could do. Called back and got this guy that at least sounded like he was not outsourced. So I guess YMMV?

Nice and least you got a good solution , one of my local stores has one of the cancelled games ( Medievil) and even then couldn't or wouldn't place the order  

#23806 Cloudx9  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:13 AM

For those who got generic cases, now that the stores got more trade-ins. I was able to go to several stores near my home and workplace today and had all 4 games I got with generic cases replaced with the actual case (Pokemon Sword, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Bloodstained). If having the actual case is important, then you probably want to check, none of the employees cared, they just gave me the case after I showed them the generic case. My games all passed the 7 day return period

#23807 The_Continental   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1249 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

The_Continental

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:48 AM

I can't believe the entitlement and whining going on in this thread. They probably sold way more than expected so some of the B2G2 games - ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE EXTREMELY POPULAR NINTENDO ONES THAT THEY DON'T GET VERY OFTEN - are backordered and you have endless whining and entitlement from millenials and zoomers who wouldn't have been able to handle the 90's. I remember ordering Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn in 1998 and after nearly 2 months I finally received it and the box was completely smashed and the disc was scratched from becoming loose in the case. I spent $70 on it. Did I care? No, I was just thankful that the game worked and I was able to experience such an amazing and hard to find game and have it shipped to my house during the winter. And it hasn't even been a few weeks and you already have endless complaining on here from the most entitled snowflakes I've ever seen in my life. Spoiled brats.

I dunno man. Being upset because you paid for something... literally had money taken from your bank account, and then that thing was cancelled without any kind of refund... that doesn’t feel like an entitlement issue to me.

#23808 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:50 AM

I can't believe the entitlement and whining going on in this thread. They probably sold way more than expected so some of the B2G2 games - ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE EXTREMELY POPULAR NINTENDO ONES THAT THEY DON'T GET VERY OFTEN - are backordered and you have endless whining and entitlement from millenials and zoomers who wouldn't have been able to handle the 90's. I remember ordering Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn in 1998 and after nearly 2 months I finally received it and the box was completely smashed and the disc was scratched from becoming loose in the case. I spent $70 on it. Did I care? No, I was just thankful that the game worked and I was able to experience such an amazing and hard to find game and have it shipped to my house during the winter. And it hasn't even been a few weeks and you already have endless complaining on here from the most entitled snowflakes I've ever seen in my life. Spoiled brats.

For those of us that placed a ton of orders, yea I agree. Buy 100 get 97 free is great. For the random person that just wanted one game but was convinced to drop $100+ on 4 games and then later be told - "Sorry, we shipped you the two free games and the 2 paid games aren't in stock anymore, so we cancelled them. Since you got the free games already, you'll need to return those to your local gamestop if you want any sort of refund. Thanks!

It's all relative. Especially if you didn't even get the one game you wanted.  :wall:

#23809 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:51 AM

My Mario Maker 2 was cancelled but Link's Awakening is still awaiting availability (both were my free games).

Same, all of my awaiting availability games were canceled except a copy of Link’s Awakening. Interesting...

#23810 FamedGuardian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

FamedGuardian

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

It's called "life isn't fair and you don't always get what you want". You were raised to get a trophy for everything so of course you don't understand that concept.

You’re a troll. This is a case of not getting what was offered and paid for, not “what you want”. Big difference. Go troll another thread please.

#23811 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:57 AM

I've struck out twice with Mario Maker 2 at GS (once during BF, then during the XMas sale)... and I've seen many people say that was the game they missed out on. Wonder what's the deal with that being so hard to get. 

#23812 Nova9000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Nova9000

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:05 AM

You’re a troll. This is a case of not getting what was offered and paid for, not “what you want”. Big difference. Go troll another thread please.

LOL that guy got banned I guess. What a jerk.

#23813 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:11 AM

LOL that guy got banned I guess. What a jerk.

The rise and quick fall of cheapest. Was not sure it was him until I saw his post in the penny guide thread.

#23814 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:40 AM

gamestop is not that saavy, whatever the invoice in your shipment says you paid, you get back that amount. paid $0? you get $0. no prorating, nothing.

Damn, then they must’ve looked at him weirdly

#23815 NickSC07   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1325 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:08 AM

1 of my paid games that's been awaiting availability is now MIA. I cant even check the order status anymore. It's telling me there is no such order. Weird.

#23816 JBlade00   pwnage!!1! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:22 AM

I can't see my order status' either. Thought they banned me or something. XD

#23817 User65536  

User65536

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:45 AM

I can't check any of my orders, so I assume it's just a sitewide glitch. 

#23818 srac84  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:51 AM

yep no order hisotry at all... i guess its a site issue..

#23819 Adhiman   Banned Banned   318 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Adhiman

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:38 AM

Idk do you guys want to make a dedicated thread for your missing orders because this thread has basically been unusable for the last week

#23820 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:14 AM

Idk do you guys want to make a dedicated thread for your missing orders because this thread has basically been unusable for the last week

Why? This is literally the GameStop thread, meant for talking about things pertaining to GameStop. Conversations about orders missing are no different than conversations about console issues in the XBL/PSN/eShop threads.