* * * * - 15 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#26041 Chakius  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

Did CAG16 stop working again? Just tried using it and it gave me the "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" error. I assume they're disabling it in anticipation for B2G1 if that's the case.

I wasn't going to say it, but I had this feeling that coupons were originally being disabled until they could get a hotfix in their software to enable / disable coupon codes at will.  i.e. turn on, turn off with the flick of a button.  Something they couldn't do previously.

I'm really not surprised it doesn't work.  Disappointed sure, but not surprised.

The new CEO seems adamant about closing loopholes.  Not stated directly, but from stock articles linked to Yahoo's GME's stock page, the CEO is a try hard.  Maybe he'll save the company?

Some other articles I've read about digital games having value.  Absurd right?  But some idea's floating around the industry involve the buying and selling of digital games.  Something GS is taking note of, as something perhaps happening in the next 2-3 years.

The incentive / trade-off for stores pushing digital, is "free" advertising at B&M's, which is priceless to publishers, essentially making or breaking their game.  Pisses me off that the likes of EA / Activision are big players in this idea .. but, oh well.  I'll still buy physical, as available.

#26042 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23020 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

Did CAG16 stop working again? Just tried using it and it gave me the "Coupon cannot be added to your cart" error. I assume they're disabling it in anticipation for B2G1 if that's the case.

Wait, did CAG16 work recently? I thought it was dead after the last B2G1F? 

Anyone think you can use the monthly PUR $5 cert with B2G1F? 

#26043 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:40 AM

I find that companies that actively discourage people from buying from them, don't tend to stay in business very long. I won't be sad when they're gone. As long as gamestop has been around, they've been scumbags

#26044 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:51 AM

Think it was no more than a couple of days. Someone did post here on Wednesday about it working again but I don't think it was active earlier in the week.

#26045 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   878 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:06 AM

CAG16 is back...

Yeah rookie said it was back a few days ago. Well this sucks and changes my purchase plans. No pro discount, no cag16 to offset tax, and crappier prices than other stores. This deal is getting worse all the time.

#26046 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:23 AM

Yeah, I had some games in my cart with cag16 in anticipation of the sale, and now when I log back in, I get a message stating that my cart contains an invalid coupon and that I need to remove before I can checkout. Bummer.

#26047 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6574 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:34 AM

This thread is just three previously banned people arguing between themselves on their second, third, or fourth accounts.

#26048 Chakius  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

This thread is just three previously banned people arguing between themselves on their second, third, or fourth accounts.

Jokes on you then :)

I'm the fifth person.

#26049 Chakius  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:22 AM

If it is a monthly PUR certificate, then I'll say yes - it will work.  Well maybe in-store only.

The monthly certs are different from other certs.

I bought a whole bunch of games on the 4F$20 deal recently.  I also added in an expensive rare Amiibo.  Lucky me!

The GA told me I could use my $5 coupon ... I said nah, it's not going to work, it will just take $5 off one of the 4F$20 games.

The GA said, nope, look, this coupon will take $5 off the highest value item, because it's a monthly cert.

He applied the coupon, and low and behold .. it worked correctly! [all shitty games were sold for $5 ea, the expensive Amiibo item marked down $5]

I was amazed.  So I saved $5 in one ticket, as opposed to making two.

Naturally, I can only say it worked in this circumstance.

#26050 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   298 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:47 AM

Lol okay Dave.

Stop the Davescrimination! We have feelings too!

#26051 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   298 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:52 AM

B2G1 is good to get stuff you want to play, but otherwise with no CSAC available, not really worth it for flipping IMO.

Yea, I'm just going to use B2G1 in-store it to stock up on a few titles lower in stock for the next few CSAC promos. Assuming the new $35 TIV weekly "Top Trade Values" will continue to happen, it could make having at least 3 copies of each a bit more justifiable. 

#26052 User65536  

User65536

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:54 AM

B2G1 is live online. Looks like CAG16 won't be working for this one. 

#26053 mchittumjr  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:57 AM

Was going to jump on the preowned Xbox One controllers for $30, but everything I was interested in is sold out.

#26054 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:56 AM

Anyone remember off the top what the recent converted to pre owned games are?

I know one was indivisible...

#26055 gldndomer  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:44 AM

I wonder if the buy-4-for-10/20 is ending next week, because there is no mention of it in the ad, and I feel like they have it mentioned in all the previous weeks' ads.

#26056 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:26 PM

Anyone remember off the top what the recent converted to pre owned games are?

I know one was indivisible...

This list comes straight from the GameStop bags that are sitting in my video game playing area at home.

Indivisible (PS4 and XB1)

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (XB1)

Mutant Road to Eden: Deluxe Edition (XB1)

Reel Fishing (PS4) 

Sparklite (PS4 and XB1)

The Sinking City (PS4 and XB1)

Warhammer: Chaosbane (PS4 and XB1)

#26057 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1091 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Man, without the Pro 10% OR cag16 working, it's a struggle to even feign interest in this B2G1... Couple that with a bunch of the games I'm looking for not being available online (and there's nothing decent available for pickup locally besides the same ol' stuff) - I can't even find 3 $20-ish titles worth picking up right now, even with credit.

It's almost like this deal is just not that good a deal anymore, after all their "changes/revisions/downgrades" to Pro and the website??? Sad times indeed.

#26058 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:01 PM

I wonder if the buy-4-for-10/20 is ending next week, because there is no mention of it in the ad, and I feel like they have it mentioned in all the previous weeks' ads.

That may be to encourage using the b2g1 free because it is the weaker value.

#26059 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:15 PM

Man, without the Pro 10% OR cag16 working, it's a struggle to even feign interest in this B2G1... Couple that with a bunch of the games I'm looking for not being available online (and there's nothing decent available for pickup locally besides the same ol' stuff) - I can't even find 3 $20-ish titles worth picking up right now, even with credit.

It's almost like this deal is just not that good a deal anymore, after all their "changes/revisions/downgrades" to Pro and the website??? Sad times indeed.

Not almost...just not a good deal anymore :(

#26060 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

Does anyone dare buy preowned Joy-cons for $40? I would imagine they’re a cesspool of worn out and drifting Cons...

#26061 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

I was annoyed by being $0.03 short of the free shipping threshold and without a good filler.  Threw on a pair of blue joycons and will just return them if they're cesspool'd.

#26062 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

This list comes straight from the GameStop bags that are sitting in my video game playing area at home.

Indivisible (PS4 and XB1)
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (XB1)
Mutant Road to Eden: Deluxe Edition (XB1)
Reel Fishing (PS4)
Sparklite (PS4 and XB1)
The Sinking City (PS4 and XB1)
Warhammer: Chaosbane (PS4 and XB1)

You're the best thank you!

What does it mean if inventory says in stock new online when stuff is converted? I wanted to get some of these as b2g1.

#26063 Maneru  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

Does anyone dare buy preowned Joy-cons for $40? I would imagine they’re a cesspool of worn out and drifting Cons...

Nintendo will fix drifting joy cons for free if you don’t mind sending them in. I buy them on eBay by the dozen. They don’t care.

#26064 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2160 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:17 PM

Nintendo will fix drifting joy cons for free if you don’t mind sending them in. I buy them on eBay by the dozen. They don’t care.

What's the best way to contact them for this issue?  Also who pays shipping?

#26065 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2155 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:29 PM

Through customer service they're supposed to send you a prepaid shipping label (unless that's changed).

Figured I'd use this deal to help round out some 3ds games for my collection. Tales of the Abyss, Devil Survivor 2, and DQ7 for $43 shipped after tax. Not amazing but that works for me

#26066 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

I usually use these sales to swap credit for vintage games which I then make money on, but their prices on most of these games are so goddamn insane I can't believe they're listing them with a straight face. It'd have to be a buy one get two free just to get the prices inline with what the games actually sell for in the real world- let alone be able to make a buck on top of it. $90 Conker's Bad Fur Day, $80 Smash Bros, $75 Mario Party 3, gtfo!

#26067 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 15 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

Ordered Xbox One Media Remote (x2) and Xbox One Lunar White Controller - Only at GameStop (x2). Hopefully one of each will be worth keeping. Would be nice if the media remotes are compatible with the next Xbox but I doubt it.

#26068 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7409 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

You're the best thank you!

What does it mean if inventory says in stock new online when stuff is converted? I wanted to get some of these as b2g1.

I don't buy online, but there are some other converted games that I found when I went to the store earlier.  And if the games are $9.99 or less, it would make more sense to do the buy 4 games for $20 than it does to do the buy 2, get 1 free.  $5 per game is a good deal for some of these.

The buy 4 used games for $20 and the buy 4 used games for $10 sales are still going.  The buy 2, get 1 free is also going simultaneously.

Here are my two hauls from this morning:

Store 1 - buy 4 for $20

Dead Rising 4 (XB1)

Project Highrise: Architect's Edition (PS4)

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)

Trine 4 (XB1)

Store 2 - buy 4 for $10

Hometown Story (3DS)

Lego City Undercover (Wii U)

The Division 2 (PS4)

The Division 2 (XB1)

Project Highrise, The Fisherman, and Trine 4 had all been converted to used from new.  I went ahead and added a GPG to Dead Rising just to help the employee at the first store because he never wastes my time with the required GameStop sales pitches.

At $2.50 each, it's cheaper to buy The Division 2 on disc than it is to buy the digital copies for $3 on PSN or Xbox Live.

#26069 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:22 PM

Go here: 
https://en-americas-.../app/ask/ht/789

They e-mail you a shipping label. 

#26070 bennyboy_07  

bennyboy_07

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

I picked up a couple to change out shells to clear ones. Definitely glad I don't have to spend $70 to do that. I'll be sure to test for drift before I start the process.