* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#27661 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:04 AM

The recent scraps of conversations in the past page are hilarious, if you read them consecutively. It's like a crack / meth addict clinic blog.

/Cheers!

I think this is the one to ban.

#27662 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17955 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:04 AM

Hey cheapy, you forgot one!

good call and a friendly reminder that reporting posts works!

#27663 Theronm  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:15 AM

Hmmm interesting... Rune Factory 4 Special (S) doesn't show up on the GS website for purchase or trade-in... was really trying to find a preowned copy of that.  I'll call tomorrow to see if they employees have a sku for it.

#27664 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:17 AM

Anyone here play dead cells?

#27665 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:19 AM

good call and a friendly reminder that reporting posts works!

He's finally gone, thank the lord!!

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pre order animal crossing digitally on GameStop.com and see if I get the $10 bonus

#27666 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:36 AM

So I mentioned it before but how worried is everyone that the new max base for current gen  games is $30 instead of $35? 

The new ad should give us a good indication of whether $30 is going to be the new norm.

#27667 IAMSAM34  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:38 AM

$30 is fine. Maybe now ill play my games instead of constantly trading them in.

#27668 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

I ordered DOOM and Animal Crossing online yesterday because I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the stores this weekend. DOOM is preparing for shipment and I was shipped a 'DOOM tin', anyone know what it looks like? I don't remember seeing anything about it and there is no picture of it.

#27669 knothead65  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:59 AM

I ordered DOOM and Animal Crossing online yesterday because I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the stores this weekend. DOOM is preparing for shipment and I was shipped a 'DOOM tin', anyone know what it looks like? I don't remember seeing anything about it and there is no picture of it.

doom tin.PNG

#27670 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAG in Training   39 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:29 AM

Doom Tin?! I was trying to get one of those this Thursday or Friday, but they closed down my gamestop thats located in a mall until April!

Im going to place an order to hopefully get a Tin as well, thanks for the info.

#27671 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:46 AM

It’s so dumb that GameStop is still operating two weeks ago they got hammered with the division 2 fiasco and generated a loss and now with the virus they have to keep the stores open or they will go bankrupt within a week. Stop hurting the employees and CLOSE THE STUPID STORES !

#27672 Sqrtl007sqd  

Sqrtl007sqd

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:07 AM

It might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know if they can change an in-store pre-order to a shipping pre-order? I have Persona 5 Royal Phantom Thieves edition pre-ordered and I don't think I'm going to be going into any Gamestop for the time being or if I have to I'd like to just make 1 trip to do everything, if they ever continue to stay open, and it's sold out everywhere else or I'd just order it somewhere else

#27673 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:06 AM

Has anyone used trade credit for an online purchase, recently?

I had an issue a couple of years ago, and it took a call to CS to get it sorted out. It might have been because I tried to purchase digital currency with trade credit, but I might be wrong. 

Thanks!

Stay safe, everyone.

#27674 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:08 AM

I only use trade credit for online purchases. No issues.

#27675 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:21 AM

local store called that Torchlight II PS4 physical copy was cancelled for release, for those that had it pre-ordered in store.

#27676 Jurai  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:30 AM

Took a shit in GameStop bathroom, didn't have to use a cert, 9/10

#27677 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1142 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:09 AM

I only use trade credit for online purchases. No issues.

Even for digital currency? I thought you could get screwed buying psn cards with credit?

#27678 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

Anyone here play dead cells?

I started playing this a few weeks ago and now I can't stop. Game is extremely fun and addicting.

#27679 TheAlphaNerd  

TheAlphaNerd

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:02 PM

Even for digital currency? I thought you could get screwed buying psn cards with credit?

This is what I thought, too. I did have an issue, and who knows if the call centers on the other side of the world would be open now; even if so, I wouldn't feel right about doing it. I'm not going to the store, either.

If anybody has any information on using trade credit, online, please, post it for everyone to see. 

Thanks! 

#27680 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7069 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:14 PM

Lol, just came from a gamestop and there was a kid running around the store touching all the shelves.  Bless these employees.  

#27681 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1104 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:30 PM

I just bought Xbox digital currency no problem using trade credit in order to buy Doom Eternal online.

#27682 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   701 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:33 PM

If anybody has any information on using trade credit, online, please, post it for everyone to see. 

I just used trade credit to re-up Netflix for another year (online digital code) No issues!

cGSKCFR.jpg

#27683 Moses144   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:33 PM

AFAIK the Gamestops in Pennsylvania are closed for a couple weeks, and I have Resident Evil 3 pre-ordered (under the basis I'd have received it at 9PM the night before launch, of course). What's my best course of action here, preorder it now on Amazon and in a month or two collect my preorder in store when things have died down?

#27684 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 04:36 PM

AFAIK the Gamestops in Pennsylvania are closed for a couple weeks, and I have Resident Evil 3 pre-ordered (under the basis I'd have received it at 9PM the night before launch, of course). What's my best course of action here, preorder it now on Amazon and in a month or two collect my preorder in store when things have died down?

If you really want it on release, sure.

#27685 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6880 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

I just used trade credit to re-up Netflix for another year. No issues!

In store?

I figured Netflix and Hulu cards stopped working with the rest but if it does I might as well re-up another year for both.

#27686 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

Just went and cashed out all my GS credit from the Div2 weekend for Xbox credit.  Cashier gave me a $#!%ty attitude for cancelling pre-orders but with half the stores in our mall closed anyway, it's only a matter of time until I wouldn't be able to get there anyway and pick up anything physical.  Going to leave him some good surveys to hopefully soften the blow.

Just wasn't comfortable with leaving $100+ on a gift card for a store with such an uncertain future.

#27687 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   701 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:34 PM

In store?

I figured Netflix and Hulu cards stopped working with the rest but if it does I might as well re-up another year for both.

Nope, online:

https://www.gamestop...0/10147137.html

#27688 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:35 PM

Went to pick up some Jimmy Johns for lunch and the Gamestop next door is closing down. Stopped in and they were mostly wiped clean, but I did manage to pick up Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch for under $10. I guess they started closing about a month ago and will go till the end of April, but not sure how they will get that far with what they had left today. 

Probably good I missed out on the start of the sale otherwise I'd be trading games for supplies right now lol. 

#27689 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6880 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:36 PM

Weird, got an error ("Your order could not be submitted. Please review your payment settings and try again. Thank you for your patience!") but maybe I'll try in store either way.

EDIT: nvm, it went through and I got $100 Netflix card! Thanks!

EDIT2: Also worked for Hulu gift cards! Got $75. Perfect way to use up some credit.

#27690 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:59 PM

Amazon isn’t shipping non essentials and has been delaying FF7 orders so that may not be an option either