* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#28711 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:41 PM

So in your case, they emailed you and you didn't have to reach out to them? I have preorders (not fully paid) for two copies of ACNH that I didn't pick up and now cannot.

Yes to give the deposit I placed back in giftcard form so I can place the order online or to just leave it and wait until the store opens back up.

#28712 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1636 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:45 PM

Hey thanks for the heads up on the animal crossing code. Got 10 bucks psn. I was gonna let it go because if the situation but hey I'll take the code lol. I don't buy digital but I guess I'll use it for dlc or something.

#28713 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:50 PM

Yes to give the deposit I placed back in giftcard form so I can place the order online or to just leave it and wait until the store opens back up.

Do you get an e-giftcard to spend on anything or does it go directly to an online preorder?

#28714 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:09 PM

I don't think they started the email thing until after DOOM and AC were already out because stores were still open (unfortunately not mine since I am in California, so I couldn't even pick them up at launch). Now that stores that haven't closed are only open for the delivery@door thing, they're sending out emails for upcoming pre-orders.

They do explain how it works in a FAQ on their site.

Q: “My store is closed and my Pre-Order is not yet paid in-full. I did not get an email from you about it.”
A: “Sorry to hear you did not receive this email! You can pre-purchase the game from us online and we will hold your deposit until normal operations have resumed at your store.”

Essentially, anyone that hasn't gotten an email for a pre-order and their store is closed, they're screwed until everything is back to normal.

https://care.gamestop.com/

Thanks. I didn't understand what that meant before. They're literally saying, "buy the game with new money and we will hold your money for an indeterminate amount of time". What a predictably terrible non-resolution.

#28715 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Thanks. I didn't understand what that meant before. They're literally saying, "buy the game with new money and we will hold your money for an indeterminate amount of time". What a predictably terrible non-resolution.

WTF like anyone should give them MORE money. That’s not a solution lol. Best Buy digitally elsewhere than give them more money when they can’t guarantee you will ever be refunded anyway.

Gamestop will be out of business before ps5 comes out (likely missing this holiday window IMO)

#28716 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:29 PM

Do you get an e-giftcard to spend on anything or does it go directly to an online preorder?

I still haven’t received it yet.

#28717 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:33 PM

I chose to have mine shipped and it doesn't show up under my orders. They're hit or miss it seems.

My bad. I looked at the wrong account. For whatever reason I have 2 copies (separate orders) of FF7 showing up in my order history though. I only got one email and as far as I know I only pre-ordered it once. One shows 'Preparing for shipment' and the other order shows 'Awaiting product availability'

No clue why they did 2 different orders. Also not sure why they were able to do this but can't send gift cards for RE3.

#28718 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:41 PM

I was too, one of the members that got scammed with the January $5 monthly coupon not showing up. I tried contacting them regarding not being able to use my expired March $5 coupon (due to Corona) but the phone line was busy as always, once I got connected they hanged up on me.

I filed a complaint through bbb to their HQ in Grapevine TX and got this all sorted out.

This was the message I received

Good Evening,

On behalf of GameStop, we apologize for this poor experience in association with our company.

After reviewing your PowerUp Rewards membership I was able to confirm that your March $5 monthly coupon expired and went unused. I applied 5,000 points for the March $5 coupon that expired, and another 5,000 points for the January $5 coupon you did not receive.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know- I am here for you.

Best Regards,

Brittany B. | Better Business Bureau Liaison | GameStop | Service Matters

#28719 guen0ri  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:44 PM

I placed an order for $25 psn card but I haven't received code yet, does it take a couple of minutes/hours to received email or show up on order history?

#28720 knothead65  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:48 PM

I placed an order for $25 psn card but I haven't received code yet, does it take a couple of minutes/hours to received email or show up on order history?

Check the digital locker in your account.

#28721 guen0ri  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:50 PM

Check the digital locker in your account.

Yeah nothing, i even tried to check order with order confirmation number and email and says could not be found

#28722 kemosahbe  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:54 PM

I was too, one of the members that got scammed with the January $5 monthly coupon not showing up. I tried contacting them regarding not being able to use my expired March $5 coupon (due to Corona) but the phone line was busy as always, once I got connected they hanged up on me.

I filed a complaint through bbb to their HQ in Grapevine TX and got this all sorted out.

I would do the same thing, but their site isn't letting me redeem points anyway so it feels like a waste

#28723 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:54 PM

WTF like anyone should give them MORE money. That’s not a solution lol. Best Buy digitally elsewhere than give them more money when they can’t guarantee you will ever be refunded anyway.

Gamestop will be out of business before ps5 comes out (likely missing this holiday window IMO)

Apple is gearing up to launch literally 5 iPhones this year and manufacturing is coming back now. I don’t think next gen gets delayed

#28724 knothead65  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:58 PM

Yeah nothing, i even tried to check order with order confirmation number and email and says could not be found

Try logging out then back into your account, I did this before and it worked.

#28725 User65536  

User65536

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:20 PM

The SL at my local GameStop told me that FFVII remake is in transit to the stores and should arrive within the next day or two. He said there is a high chance that the stores will be allowed to distribute the games early. This happened with Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, and Resident Evil 3, but they're not allowed to let customers know about this information. 

#28726 jackattack0000  

jackattack0000

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:26 PM

Finally able to redeem rewards points for a cert, but the cert isn't giving me free shipping.

Two steps forward, one step back...

#28727 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:40 AM

The SL at my local GameStop told me that FFVII remake is in transit to the stores and should arrive within the next day or two. He said there is a high chance that the stores will be allowed to distribute the games early. This happened with Animal Crossing, Persona 5 Royal, and Resident Evil 3, but they're not allowed to let customers know about this information.

Was told the same.

#28728 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1436 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

Gamestop finally got thier shit together. Got Splatoon 2 and Zelda Botw new for $60 shipped stacking a $15 and $5 reward certificates, and the $5 Pro monthly certificate. Paid the $2 shipping to process faster.

#28729 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 07 April 2020 - 01:22 AM

My amazon order of FF7 hasn’t been delayed but hasn’t shipped. Said to be here Friday. If Gs gets it earlier,..

#28730 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:54 AM

So - are the Online certainly actually working now for online purchases, for the most part? And will they work in conjunction with the $5 monthly cert? My local store is closed indefinitely, and getting itchy to pick up something on the cheap.

#28731 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:12 AM

I finally got a hold of GameStop by phone, I was explaining to them about my preorder about final fantasy and let’s just say it turned into a heated argument because they didn’t want to fulfill my order even though they gave me an email stating this. They can’t even do phone calls with some dignity.

#28732 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14845 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:18 AM

Odd that there is no mention of FF7R in this week's ad. Guess no point to advertise a game you have no sellable copies of?  :hot:

If it's anything like Persona 5 Royal and RE 3 the stores open for pickup only have copies for the preorders.

#28733 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:59 AM

Seems like normal $ certs are available with points as well now for anyone hoping to use for pre-orders. 

#28734 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:58 AM

You WILL NOT get a copy of FF7 from GS if you didn't pre-order. Been told by trusted worker's only enough to fill pre-orders. Don't even bother them if you didn't just go to Target or Walmart.

#28735 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:04 AM

So - are the Online certainly actually working now for online purchases, for the most part? And will they work in conjunction with the $5 monthly cert? My local store is closed indefinitely, and getting itchy to pick up something on the cheap.

It seems to be working now. I was able to buy a $15 certificate and I used it along with my $5 monthly certificate on a game.

#28736 Adhiman   Banned Banned   318 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Adhiman

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:37 AM

Been a full 24 hours since I redeemed an online $50 PUR gift certificate and I can’t find it anywhere. This blows.

#28737 Kpjcelj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:39 AM

Been a full 24 hours since I redeemed an online $50 PUR gift certificate and I can’t find it anywhere. This blows.

Have you tried checking “digital locker”?

#28738 BangBucks  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:00 PM

Good Evening,

On behalf of GameStop, we apologize for this poor experience in association with our company.

After reviewing your PowerUp Rewards membership I was able to confirm that your March $5 monthly coupon expired and went unused. I applied 5,000 points for the March $5 coupon that expired, and another 5,000 points for the January $5 coupon you did not receive.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know- I am here for you.

Best Regards,

Brittany B. | Better Business Bureau Liaison | GameStop | Service Matters

What's GS email I have never gotten a response from them it's ridiculous

#28739 JayTL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:07 PM

I just bought a $10 code, and the code itself was on the order confirmation page..and got the email with that code within 5 minutes

#28740 Adhiman   Banned Banned   318 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Adhiman

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:03 PM

Have you tried checking “digital locker”?

How do I do that?

Nvm that worked. Thanks.