* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#28771 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:11 AM

Same. Plus some premium thing that doesn’t have a picture.

For whatever reason they created 2 orders even though I only had one preorder. The other order is ‘awaiting product availability’ though.

I was wondering if it was the preorder tin box thing.

#28772 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:14 AM

What email method did you guys use, it says out of stock when I click on the email I did in store pre order but my store is closed

If you preordered in store and paid it off fully Gamestop sent an email if you prefer to get it shipped instead of waiting for the store to preorder. You just follow the steps on the email and it came up as an order on the Gamestop website.

#28773 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:40 AM

^I never got any steps. They sent an email saying I could opt to have it shipped, but they gave no instructions to do so.

And depending on how big the Persona 5 Steelbook edition is, I may not even be able to have it shipped. My apartment building office isn't accepting packages at the moment, and I work during the day so I can't get it directly. Feels like I'm just 100% screwed on this one.

#28774 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:06 AM

Omg wwe 2k20 for $5 new lol. You couldn’t pay me to play that

That say a lot, from I'm assuming obvious fan between nickname and pic lol

#28775 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:08 AM

When you click on the $4.99 for WWE 2k20 it takes you to the page where the game is $19.99.

#28776 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:58 AM

When you click on the $4.99 for WWE 2k20 it takes you to the page where the game is $19.99.

Strange, mine shows "Sponsored" on it. Assume it was a ploy to get you to click on it to take you to another page, but it doesn't. It takes you to the game page but seeing 19.99.

#28777 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   1003 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:04 AM

Strange, mine shows "Sponsored" on it. Assume it was a ploy to get you to click on it to take you to another page, but it doesn't. It takes you to the game page but seeing 19.99.

same

#28778 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:41 AM

^I never got any steps. They sent an email saying I could opt to have it shipped, but they gave no instructions to do so.

And depending on how big the Persona 5 Steelbook edition is, I may not even be able to have it shipped. My apartment building office isn't accepting packages at the moment, and I work during the day so I can't get it directly. Feels like I'm just 100% screwed on this one.

Mine isn’t either so I’ve been receiving packages Infront of my door instead off in the apartment office

#28779 BangBucks  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:48 AM

Received 2 "new" opened games. One of the cases is noticeably beat and the games were inside a white GS sleeve. WTF. Fuck GS like really if it wasn't for the $5 coupon I wouldn't have even bothered as Amazon a couple hours later had the same prices

#28780 ZForce  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:51 AM

Can anyone tell me how to use the power up certificate for an online order?  I tried entering in the code on the coupon but it didn't work.  Even though the coupon says "Online only" it doesn't really explain how to do so. 

#28781 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:19 PM

Received 2 "new" opened games. One of the cases is noticeably beat and the games were inside a white GS sleeve. WTF. Fuck GS like really if it wasn't for the $5 coupon I wouldn't have even bothered as Amazon a couple hours later had the same prices

Buying anything from lamestop is always the wrong answer. 

#28782 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:53 PM

Is it worth buying the deal of the last vr headset? I only on the camera and no move controller. I’m not even sure if the PS4 pro has a camera slot.

Probably looking to get astro bot Skyrim and doom vr. I already have re 7

#28783 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   824 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:54 PM

Is it worth buying the deal of the last vr headset? I only on the camera and no move controller. I’m not even sure if the PS4 pro has a camera slot.

If you have to ask, the answer is no. But really only you can decide what is worth your money or trade credit.

#28784 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:28 PM

Given GameStop's reputation for "refurbishing" items, and this is a VR headset, I'd have a hard time imagining that you'll get anything other than a hassle delivered to your door.

If you do buy it, check the lenses for scratches after you're done cleaning it and replacing the pads...

#28785 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

I redeemed a 10 dollar cert but am getting a message that “coupon cannot be added to cart”...

#28786 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:13 PM

I was going to jump on the PSVR deal, but I'm not sure it is much of a deal.  $100 for the refurb, which is YMMV in quality, then you still need a camera which is in the $40 used/refurb/ebay territory.  Then to get the full experience, you need 2 PS Moves, which are around $40 EACH in the used/refurb/ebay territory, and the ebay ones tend to be the PS3 versions with old charge ports and batteries.

Ends up coming to the typically discounted price of new bundles, but without any games.  I could see this worth it for someone who has the V1 headset and wants to upgrade to the V2.  Anyway, I cancelled my order that I impulse bought.  I'll wait for a bundle at $200, or a slicker deal on a headset.  I could sit around and wait for camera/move deals, but those are far and few between.

That's all that needs to be said on this deal as far as I am aware.

#28787 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:31 PM

Frankly, i cannot fathom why anyone would purchase anything from gamestop, knowing how awful the website it, how likely it is that they will get a piece of trash sent to them and how hard it world be to return anything.

#28788 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:49 PM

Frankly, i cannot fathom why anyone would purchase anything from gamestop, knowing how awful the website it, how likely it is that they will get a piece of trash sent to them and how hard it world be to return anything.

Thanks guys, scared me off the GameStop the headset. I’ll wait for a $200 sale like the other poster said.

#28789 knothead65  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:58 PM

Since lockdown, I bought a red/blue switch, animal crossing NH, switch pro controller, link enhanced controller, joy-con charger, Persona 5 Royal. Everything came fast and brand new.

Only issue I had was calling to get certs switch to points (2 hours) and my Persona 5 came in a padded envelope that had tracks on it from what looked like a cart ran over it.

I used the app and website and used numerous gift cards, points and certs.

Granted I bought new release games. Not ones that have been out awhile, so less likely to get a open copy.

I got a like new Zelda Wii U with games on it a 32 GB ipod touch red that was mint and many more things in the past too.

I would be worried buying used with the stores not open though.

#28790 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 08 April 2020 - 04:57 PM

Worth it for Astro Bot and Moss alone. $99 is a great price especially if you already have the camera. Move is nice, but not necessary for many games including Astro and Moss. I'd say do it. 

#28791 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:32 PM

Can anyone tell me how to use the power up certificate for an online order?  I tried entering in the code on the coupon but it didn't work.  Even though the coupon says "Online only" it doesn't really explain how to do so. 

There are a few exceptions I found out after I claimed one ($50 online cert).  It excludes bundles which I tried to apply to the Switch bundle last week.  However, the $5 monthly PUR worked on the bundle, go figure.  Ended up grabbing the BFII PS4 pro to tide me over to when the PS5 comes out later this year, then I'll trade it in, hopefully for $200-250 TIV for the PS5.

#28792 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1381 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:44 PM

Not to throw fuel on the fire but I had my final gamestop experience 2 weeks ago.

Went to gamestop #1. Store was locked. They let me in. Told me not to touch anything and they needed to know what I wanted. Told them what what I was looking for but it was only in stock at gamestop #2 20 minutes away. They agreed to hold it for me.

Drive to gamestop #2. Gamestop 2 will not let me inside and will not acknowledge the game is being held for me. Tells me to order online and pickup in store. This isn't possible because the site shows the game oos. Manager tells me to "keep trying every hour". I already drove here specifically for this game...After an hour in the parking lot I give up and go home.

Next day, game becomes available to purchase online and pickup in store at gamestop #2. I order the game and pay. I call the store and inform them I bought the game online and I'm the same guy who has the copy being held from yesterday. They acknowledge this. I get to the store. They will not give me the game because the order "has not shown up and been fulfilled yet." I leave to to shopping. I go home. 3 hours pass. I call the store and they tell me I still have to wait for the order to be fulfilled.

3 days pass.

They cancel my order via email.

This was a birthday gift for my nephew.

Never again.

#28793 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

Every retailer asks you to wait until you get pickup confirmation before going to the store. You wouldn't have had a better experience at Best Buy.

#28794 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   965 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:08 PM

Redeemed points for a $15 online only coupon on 3/20 and it's coming up as invalid now. Waiting on hold with customer service. No expiration date listed anywhere.

#28795 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:21 PM

Bought a preowned console online and it wont read discs. Anyone ever have luck getting a prepaid return package label from GS? Normally I return defective online in store but all the stores here are closed until at least May

#28796 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   895 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:26 PM

Every retailer asks you to wait until you get pickup confirmation before going to the store. You wouldn't have had a better experience at Best Buy.

Objection!!!!

I ordered a store pickup of a game from a Best Buy knowing they had it in stock, and that I was headed that way later in the day. I get there and they tell me the pickup isn’t ready because the copy I’m getting is being shipped to them from a warehouse. They couldn’t just give me the copy that was in store.

So they had me cancel the order and just buy the copy they already had on the spot.

#28797 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:38 PM

Bought a preowned console online and it wont read discs. Anyone ever have luck getting a prepaid return package label from GS? Normally I return defective online in store but all the stores here are closed until at least May

Never had an issue.

#28798 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:39 PM

That was before coronavirus. You would've been out of luck just like the previous poster since Best Buy only does curbside delivery now too.

#28799 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:48 PM

Anyone know anything about what pur certificates work with online purchases? Getting a lot of mixed messages...

#28800 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 08 April 2020 - 07:00 PM

Still waiting for FF7. Made a post on the local facebook I'd pay up to $200 for a copy today. Let's see what happens. Gamestop being slow with this.

Friday gotta pick up my delxue edition from them.