* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#28951 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, Fuck all those people that worked on this game. Don't let your hate boner for Randy Pitchford get in the way of all the innocent employees.

Well, it's not like the employees will get any financial benefit from your purchase. They already announced they will not be giving the employees their promised bonuses from the game.

#28952 jrc84  

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:53 PM

Well, it's not like the employees will get any financial benefit from your purchase. They already announced they will not be giving the employees their promised bonuses from the game.

"It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime. So where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now."

#28953 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6893 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:13 PM

The point isn't to buy it so they get bonuses, it's to ensure they have a job to work on other games. A game that doesn't sell new copies eventually fires employees or whole studios. 

Not that you shouldn't buy used but sometimes it's worth it to buy brand new if you want to support a studio and future works.

#28954 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, Fuck all those people that worked on this game. Don't let your hate boner for Randy Pitchford get in the way of all the innocent employees.

No one thinks this. The act of protesting the game by not buying it is itself an act of caring for the developers. It isn't necessarily a hate boner for Randy, whether he ends up being a pedo like some reports indicated (maybe he isn't, idk) but the company Gearbox lied about Aliens, lied to their employees about payouts, and pays below market wages.

The employees will never get treated better by Gearbox, and we will never see progress in working conditions if you don't actually stand up for developers with your wallet. Gearbox is paying them as little as they possibly can while keeping them from quitting, so your purchase in no way benefits the devs really. They're getting their mediocre industry salary while Randy/other execs get millions in bonuses. 

The point isn't to buy it so they get bonuses, it's to ensure they have a job to work on other games. A game that doesn't sell new copies eventually fires employees or whole studios. 

Not that you shouldn't buy used but sometimes it's worth it to buy brand new if you want to support a studio and future works.

The company would have more money to pay devs if they didn't get Pitchford and exes $10+ million in bonuses. You're supporting Gearbox's shitty practices. You're supporting the continuation of the devs getting paid below market wages in bad conditions. You are supporting an abusive relationship between execs and devs, and the only solution is for those devs to leave and get jobs at studios that offer better pay and conditions, which actually exist. Unless Gearbox has a change of heart. They're going to lay off staff even while giving $10 million bonuses to execs anyway. 

Supporting Gearbox isn't helping the devs, its supporting a cycle of abuse that will continue until the brass up top gets the message. Buy the game used people. Its cheaper, you're supporting your local economy (if its at a retailer) and most of all, you aren't enabling a shitty workplace

#28955 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:57 PM

Everyone, check your feedback, the Easter Dave handed out good feedback this time!

#28956 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:58 PM

Everyone, check your feedback, the Easter Dave handed out good feedback this time!

Any way to remove his feedback?

#28957 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:01 PM

Any way to remove his feedback?

https://www.cheapass...-removal/page-2

#28958 andrew.torres1017  

andrew.torres1017

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:14 PM

Dave, how do we do returns?

Hello Dave, it’s not letting me pm you, I’m the guy who didn’t get the ff7 tin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28959 andrew.torres1017  

andrew.torres1017

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

Have been on hold with Gamestop for 3 hours now!!!

#28960 Chuck Stank   People are fucking stupid. CAGiversary!   1106 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:23 PM

No one thinks this.

Is this your first time on the internet?

#28961 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:37 PM

https://www.cheapass...-removal/page-2

Thanks!

#28962 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:23 AM

Hello Dave, it’s not letting me pm you, I’m the guy who didn’t get the ff7 tin

He was blocked/banned/etc shortly after posting that. He is not a real Gamestop representive.

#28963 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:30 AM

Decided too late that I wanted the FF7 steelbook, so I'd been watching the site for the last few weeks hoping the ability to pre-order would pop up, but I never saw it. Checked Fri around 7 am, lo and behold they saved some stock for non-pre-order purchases.

I just got the email that my order has shipped!

#28964 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1149 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:32 AM

Just got notified that my pre-order of Doom shipped. Supposed to be here on Wed. No word on the pre-order bonuses yet though.

#28965 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:50 AM

PSA: AMC theaters is planning on filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, I only mention this because some of us bought AMC gift cards with our Gamestop credit/gcs. I used my AMC gift card to rent movies on their website to finish off my gift card. 

https://www.fool.com...ser-to-ban.aspx

#28966 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5727 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:15 AM

Wasn't Walking Dead one of the biggest shows on TV that wasn't Game of Thrones? It's surprising that they couldn't last as long as GS.

#28967 mnharuhi  

mnharuhi

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:35 AM

Wasn't Walking Dead one of the biggest shows on TV that wasn't Game of Thrones? It's surprising that they couldn't last as long as GS.

They are 2 separate companies (AMC Theaters and the AMC tv channel)

If AMC goes under, I'd be really sad. My favorite movie chain... not to mention I have $80 worth of unused movie rewards.

#28968 andrew.torres1017  

andrew.torres1017

Posted 14 April 2020 - 05:32 AM

He was blocked/banned/etc shortly after posting that. He is not a real Gamestop representive.

Thank you brother

#28969 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:07 AM

Lol @dave

#28970 noobcake  

noobcake

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:35 AM

is GameStop's site down for anyone else or just me? I just see "Oops...Something went wrong" and a refresh button.

edit: Now they're back up. 10 minute maintenance I guess.

#28971 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:36 AM

is GameStop's site down for anyone else or just me? I just see "Oops...Something went wrong" and a refresh button.

Ya, I just checked, same.

#28972 shakenbake31  

shakenbake31

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:30 PM

I'll just post it here. Some Costco Warehouses received limited stock of Nintendo Switch Console today. For anyone looking for one.

#28973 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:35 PM

I'll just post it here. Some Costco Warehouses received limited stock of Nintendo Switch Console today. For anyone looking for one.

Do you know how many people you just sent to their death right now lol?

jk. I know Nintendo is catching up on manufacturing, hopefully they have it sorted soon. They stopped shipping in japan intentionally to help reduce how many people were going out in public, which is crazy.

#28974 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:27 PM

GameStop stock is $6

#28975 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:31 PM

GameStop stock is $6

Yeah apparently Michael Burry (the big Short guy) bought a bunch so people are going crazy.

#28976 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9120 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

Yeah apparently Michael Burry (the big Short guy) bought a bunch so people are going crazy.

I just rewatched that movie a few nights ago. I thought he was sticking to water.

#28977 Omni99  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

GameStop stock is $6

And right before that it was 2.80. A lot depends on how the government handles this bailout. People are rolling the dice basically.

#28978 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:20 PM

Just dumped my life savings into gamestop stock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#28979 IAMSAM34  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:37 PM

Just dumped my life savings into gamestop stock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

$6 was my selling point from 3. Ive been all over MRO these past three weeks.

#28980 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:31 PM

I've been on hold with gamestop for about 3 and a half hours.  Are they closed for the day?  I don't see their hours listed anywhere

I'm calling to update my address for a pre order I put in last year for cyberpunk special edition.  I moved to a new address last week, I tried updating my address online but it doesn't change.