* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#29431 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

I feel like you're trolling....

You'd be wrong. Just called because I can't redeem a $10 rewards certificate. Someone answered in less than 5 minutes.

#29432 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:46 PM

You'd be wrong. Just called because I can't redeem a $10 rewards certificate. Someone answered in less than 5 minutes.

Do you have a secret phone number? I was on hold for 3 hours. Maybe the lack of sales last week cut down on their call volume

#29433 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   559 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:46 PM

Not necessarily. I’m always curious on the amount of current gen games in universal cases. I figure every last gen game will come in one, but less expecting current to.

I'll share my results from the B4G8: 6 with original cases (Fallout 76 came with the centennial ed case - equivalent), 5 with generic cases (2 were smashed to shit, literally crumbed - but discs looked ok), 1 with I'll assume a limited edition steelbook (Halo 5 Guardians). Better than expected.  :beer:

#29434 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:49 PM

Do you have a secret phone number? I was on hold for 3 hours. Maybe the lack of sales last week cut down on their call volume

Nope. Just calling the regular customer service number. I used to have the number stores call to speak to US based reps, but it got buried in my call logs. 

#29435 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:52 PM

Received all but 2 of my games from the weekend. Thus far, it's been about 50% original cases for PS4 titles, and 0% for 3DS games. Kinda what I expected. But not a one filled with roaches or beetles! Feel like I just lost the GS lottery...for shame.

#29436 Viper X  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

I'll share my results from the B4G8: 6 with original cases (Fallout 76 came with the centennial ed case - equivalent), 5 with generic cases (2 were smashed to shit, literally crumbed - but discs looked ok), 1 with I'll assume a limited edition steelbook (Halo 5 Guardians). Better than expected.  :beer:

This site has original cover art that you can print out.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

#29437 jrc84  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up, got my order in about an hour ago. 12 $9.99 preowned games, 8 were discounted to zero, CAG16 discount on 3, total came out to $37.27 after tax with the free shipping. I did not use my $5 monthly discount since it took the total under $35 and charged $4 for shipping. I figure this deal is worth a gamble at just over $3 per game (if they all actually ship!). 

All XB1:

Mortal Kombat X

Walking Dead: New Frontier

Dead Rising 2 HD

Mega Man Legacy Collection

We Happy Few

Dead Rising HD

RiME

Mafia III

Wolfenstein: Old Blood

Gears of War 4

Tales from the Borderlands

Dead Rising 3

Time to see how this bet pays off....

All XB1:

Mortal Kombat X                           OG case and insert slip - case busted though and not from shipping

Walking Dead: New Frontier         OG case - little grimy though

Dead Rising 2 HD                         OG case - little rough but okay

Mega Man Legacy Collection       Black gen case

We Happy Few                             OG case - looks dang near new

Dead Rising HD                            Black gen case

RiME                                             OG case - really good shape

Mafia III                                         OG case - little rough but okay

Wolfenstein: Old Blood                 Black gen case - case is busted

Gears of War 4                             Black gen case - case is busted

Tales from the Borderlands          OG case and insert slip - looks nearly new

Dead Rising 3                              Black gen case - this disc looks smeared with something?

well that's my haul and at just over $3 each I am happy with the gamble. I will swap cases if I find better copies in store later on or just trade some later. hope we get a nice trade promo when stores start opening again. 

#29438 silkk   CAG Ultra Noob CAG in Training   2 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:03 PM

Ordered 36 games with the B2G2/B2G1 deal. Received all of my games today. 12 of them were the black generic cases. 2 of them were black cases, but with the real covers. 21 were original cases. One game (Prison Architect) was on the packing slip, but not in the box. Not too bad overall, minus the missing game.

#29439 wanggoesinataco  

wanggoesinataco

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:53 PM

Bought 24 games with the B2G1 deal over the weekend. Received 19 of them so far. 18 of the 19 came in generic cases. I must have the worst luck so far.

#29440 User65536  

User65536

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:46 AM

From GameStop's most recent business update:

http://investor.game...elated-covid-19

"As of April 4, 2020, the Company had approximately $772 million in total cash and liquidity ($706 million in cash and $66 million in availability on its revolver). The Company continues to expect it has sufficient liquidity and financial flexibility to navigate the current environment."

The company had $499.4 million in cash on hand at the end of Q4 (And $290 million at the end of Q3), so their financial situation has actually improved significantly since then. They should have no problem making it to the next console generation with their current assets. 

#29441 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

From GameStop's most recent business update:

http://investor.game...elated-covid-19

"As of April 4, 2020, the Company had approximately $772 million in total cash and liquidity ($706 million in cash and $66 million in availability on its revolver). The Company continues to expect it has sufficient liquidity and financial flexibility to navigate the current environment."

The company had $499.4 million in cash on hand at the end of Q4 (And $290 million at the end of Q3), so their financial situation has actually improved significantly since then. They should have no problem making it to the next console generation with their current assets.

Yeah I feel like people don’t understand how businesses actually go under. They’re closing stores coz they’re trying to stay ahead of potential shortfalls. I don’t think they have much or any debt; which is the big thing that makes corps for bankrupt.

#29442 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:54 AM

I'm glad their website was not garbage enough to snag that Doom Eternal CE that's back up.  I hoped the rewards certs would be working by now, but got a $10 one I can't use. Fun.

#29443 User65536  

User65536

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:56 AM

Yeah I feel like people don’t understand how businesses actually go under. They’re closing stores coz they’re trying to stay ahead of potential shortfalls. I don’t think they have much or any debt; which is the big thing that makes corps for bankrupt.

Exactly. They actually have a ton of cash on hand right now, especially considering their total required lease payments is only around $200 million a year (Versus over $700 million in cash on hand at the moment). Their balance sheet is incredibly strong despite the decline in sales. 

#29444 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:27 AM

People just don't really understand business at all.  Had a guy on reddit tell me that Gamestop is just a glorified yard sale and it "doesn't take any thought whatsoever to run it."  

#29445 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:44 AM

I bought Valkyria Chronicles 4 from the pro days sale and I got the right case but the game was VC Remastered.  I contacted gamestop through email and managed to get a replacement with a response in 7~ hours.

#29446 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:51 AM

I have a exciting date with a GameStop employee, she has eyes like a caterpillar and skin like a turtle. I’m beyond excited wish me luck!

#29447 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:08 AM

I have a exciting date with a GameStop employee, she has eyes like a caterpillar and skin like a turtle. I’m beyond excited wish me luck!

i'm sure it'll end with her asking you to pre-order TLOU 2.

#29448 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:10 AM

GS CS gave my brother a shipping label to return his broken PS4, so I guess they’re at least doing online returns? Do they usually ship a replacement right away or wait til they get the defective unit?

#29449 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:20 AM

GS CS gave my brother a shipping label to return his broken PS4, so I guess they’re at least doing online returns? Do they usually ship a replacement right away or wait til they get the defective unit?

They won’t ship a replacement until after the warehouse receives the returned item. It could take 2-3 weeks from the time you ship an item back to when you receive a replacement. That’s assuming there is no Fuck up on their end and they promptly send within the 3-5 days of delivery.

#29450 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:22 AM

This GameStop employee gf of mine wants to sell me as “brand new” to another man

#29451 IMikeU   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:56 AM

I got my order of 10 Wii U games today, all in generic black cases with no artwork. 8 of those 10 won’t boot at all, 2 work... but I’m not trusting those. Called CS for over a hour and then my phone died, I might just wait it out for the stores to open back up to return.

Also got a wrong game disk in the proper case.

#29452 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:22 AM

Ok, I get "Your shopping cart cannot be ordered because store pickup is not available for the selected store" but I picked from the list of "CHECK STORE AVAILABILITY" condition "new" a store that should have it and it said "opens 12:00 PM."

Tried it for another item and now it wants me to call the store.

Fuck- it, I'll just use the $5 for tax & shipping, too bad the darned $10 cert I converted points for isn't working either but I have until 6/30 to deal with it.

#29453 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:05 AM

This is the way to go, but there are a lot of games missing.

Since I usually get weird older titles that aren't on there I also get covers from GameFaqs - example.

Then just paste them up in a template in word with the case dimensions. They usually look pretty good.

If the front cover is low quality there i just get it off the Gamestop website.

Another good site with Nintendo covers - https://www.gametdb.com/

#29454 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5527 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:45 AM

This is the way to go, but there are a lot of games missing.

Since I usually get weird older titles that aren't on there I also get covers from GameFaqs - example.

Then just paste them up in a template in word with the case dimensions. They usually look pretty good.

If the front cover is low quality there i just get it off the Gamestop website.

Another good site with Nintendo covers - https://www.gametdb.com/

I got a bunch of disc only titles from past Gamestop sales.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to print replacement coverart?  How about cheap printer recommendations?

#29455 DrBayrd  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:10 AM

This weekend, I Ordered 6 ps4 games and 1 xb1 game. Only the order 1886 came without the coverart but still in a blue ps4 case. Pretty good- not all doom and gloom with GS.
Also used my $5 cert that expires today on the rose gold dualshock 4 from the dotd: https://www.gamestop...r/11096556.html
$40+ tax (after $5 cert)- it’s still eligible for free shipping. Back to sleep!

#29456 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   559 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:21 PM

So the current search terms of "DOTDWEEK#___" seems to work for the additional DotD, but not the "featured" DotD - anyone know the search term for the "featured dotd"?

ie - today's featured is Assassin's Creed Odyssey

#29457 Viper X  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:54 PM

I got a bunch of disc only titles from past Gamestop sales.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to print replacement coverart?  How about cheap printer recommendations?

You should keep an eye out for clearance printers from Target and Walmart. Just use brickseek. Some of them can go for as low as $25.

#29458 xfilekr  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:28 PM

Striking out on coverart for:

Alien Isolation -XB1

Mega Man Legacy - XB1

Republique - PS4

Any help/suggestions are appreciated- thanks!

#29459 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

I keep getting an error saying that no payment id was selected when using my $5 on final fantasy XV for pickup.. am I breaking the system because it’s supposed to be free? I am entering a cc as well..

#29460 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

Striking out on coverart for:

Alien Isolation -XB1

Mega Man Legacy - XB1

Republique - PS4

Any help/suggestions are appreciated- thanks!

Couple options I'm looking at: 

- Ask my local store (when they fully open) if i can switch them out...I've done this before.  I could possibly do it now since they're open for curbside.

- trade them in when the stores open and start taking trades, as long as there is a good trade-in deal

All up to you, but as others have stated, you can print out the covers and put them in a generic blue PS4 case.