* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#29581 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:26 PM

Any thoughts on Darksiders Genesis? It’s the DotD and I really like Diablo and other dungeon crawler games. Really looking forward to Minecraft Dungeons, but for $16 and something to use my $5 cert on, Genesis is tempting.

#29582 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

Thanks very much! I do not want that box.

^

#29583 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1697 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:06 PM

If I order the Deal of the Day, but don't pick it up until later in the week, am I still charged the Deal price, or am I charged whatever the price is at pick up?  If this was any other retailer, I wouldn't ask, but Gamestop's gotta Gamestop.

#29584 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:17 PM

If I order the Deal of the Day, but don't pick it up until later in the week, am I still charged the Deal price, or am I charged whatever the price is at pick up? If this was any other retailer, I wouldn't ask, but Gamestop's gotta Gamestop.

So long as you pay for it online you will "lock in" the price. If you do the pay in store option/ hold product you will pay whatever the current price is that day.

#29585 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   608 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

If I order the Deal of the Day, but don't pick it up until later in the week, am I still charged the Deal price, or am I charged whatever the price is at pick up?  If this was any other retailer, I wouldn't ask, but Gamestop's gotta Gamestop.

Don't think they have the option to pay on pickup, you have to pay first online and they will hold it for you up to a week.  Better that was usually since you can use CAG16. I've had no issue waiting longer to pickup since they just keep it in the drawer. 

https://pbs.twimg.co...&name=4096x4096

The box #2 contents apparently

Are we sure that the contents are the same for everyone (even if it seems to change on different days) ? I guess if it's all shipping out of TX probably, but if it's piecemeal from local store clearance inventory, maybe not? 

#29586 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

Want to get darksiders but shipping kills it- tried adding PSN card or a preorder to cart but it still isn’t meeting threshold for free shipping

#29587 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3612 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:55 PM

Want to get darksiders but shipping kills it- tried adding PSN card or a preorder to cart but it still isn’t meeting threshold for free shipping

Because a PSN card is digital, so that obviously won’t change the shipping threshold. They started separating in stock items and preorders, so those no longer help you meet the requirements.

#29588 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:17 PM

Super annoyed with the shipping as I'm sure everyone else is. Genesis is sold out across all stores within 100 miles apparently so shipping is the only option. $4 shipping with a $5 coupon is so useless. Guess I'll have to wait.

#29589 skrockij89  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

Anyone else get an email from GameStop asking if you want your preorder copy of FFVII remake shipped instead? I received mine when it was first released. I guess it wasn’t updated in their system.

#29590 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3612 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

Anyone else get an email from GameStop asking if you want your preorder copy of FFVII remake shipped instead? I received mine when it was first released. I guess it wasn’t updated in their system.

Yeah. Before it launched. They ended up placing two orders. One shipped and was delivered on launch day, the other has been stuck at 'Awaiting Product Availability' even when they had stock.

Edit: Did just get an email about shipping my Persona 5 preorder. Pretty sure I already had them do that around launch since I have the game.

#29591 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:20 PM

Super annoyed with the shipping as I'm sure everyone else is. Genesis is sold out across all stores within 100 miles apparently so shipping is the only option. $4 shipping with a $5 coupon is so useless. Guess I'll have to wait.

Legit. I called my store and they told me they had a to fill an online order for every single copy of the game they had(for all 3 systems, over 10 copies), and sent them to ONE person. So much for being able to pick up a copy at my store.

#29592 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9073 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:10 PM

Legit. I called my store and they told me they had a to fill an online order for every single copy of the game they had(for all 3 systems, over 10 copies), and sent them to ONE person. So much for being able to pick up a copy at my store.

Gotta love those eBay resellers.

#29593 Moses144   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:41 PM

Are stores able to refund preorders yet or is that still a bit out?

#29594 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   615 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

Are stores able to refund preorders yet or is that still a bit out?

They might be able to put it back onto credit or debit card or gift card. Stores by me aren't doing cash.

#29595 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

Anyone redeem reward points for online certificates lately? Is the process working? Codes work with no issues?  

#29596 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   608 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:59 PM

Anyone redeem reward points for online certificates lately? Is the process working? Codes work with no issues?  

I tried, the buttons worked, but the cert never showed up in active offers. I sent some emails but not going to waste time on hold for a few points. 

#29597 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:27 PM

I tried, the buttons worked, but the cert never showed up in active offers. I sent some emails but not going to waste time on hold for a few points. 

Check your digital locker way at the bottom of the page, it will say null with no value or expiry date. That's what happened to me about 2 weeks ago, when I redeemed for a $5 cert.

#29598 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   608 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:31 PM

Check your digital locker way at the bottom of the page, it will say null with no value or expiry date. That's what happened to me about 2 weeks ago, when I redeemed for a $5 cert.

Cool, never looked in there. Says "Null", has the "have you seen this image" graphic, but there is the activation code.  :bow:

#29599 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

I have an Activation Code for a certificate I purchased a few weeks ago but it doesn't work every time I attempt to use it.

I have like $.91 left on a trade card & other than some partially paid preorders that I hopefully will be able to get the credit back for, I'm done with GS.  

#29600 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:07 AM

My copy of Shift 2: Unleashed (Limited Edition disc)  :ps3:  arrived last week. A generic case with original cover, no manual, and the game inside a crumpled paper sleeve. I'm surprised it came with the original artwork as I expected a generic cover. The funny part is they had it shipped from a store that's halfway across town.

I have another order for that just shipped with 3 games right now (2 were on sale). Used my monthly cert and cag16 when I placed it. The two points of interest will be condition and where they are sent from.

:xb1: Madden NFL 20

:xb1: NBA 2K20

:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

#29601 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:56 AM

Was able to snag a copy of Darksiders: Genesis. Even got upgraded to a Gamestop "new" copy!

#29602 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:17 AM

Ended up ordering NSW Genesis online with the coupon and padded the total with NSW Red Faction and PS4 Genesis. May return or trade in the other two but NSW Genesis for 10.99 was just too good to pass up. Wish they'd do a deal like this on the NSW Warmastered edition now.

#29603 Agent Zero  

Agent Zero

Posted 06 May 2020 - 11:38 AM

Here is what is included in the Mystery $45 box. Credit to Wario64.

#29604 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1273 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 06 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

Ended up ordering NSW Genesis online with the coupon and padded the total with NSW Red Faction and PS4 Genesis. May return or trade in the other two but NSW Genesis for 10.99 was just too good to pass up. Wish they'd do a deal like this on the NSW Warmastered edition now.

Played some of Genesis last night on the One X and had a really good time with it. The style looks Diablo-ish, but it’s very much a Darksiders game. I can see myself 100% it, so well worth $11.

#29605 ec91762  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:42 PM

Managed to find a copy on the Switch in Tulsa at the mall location that just happened to be open yesterday for online pickup only. Like the guy told me not to tell anyone they were open because the (failing) mall doesn't open until Friday. It was kinda funny actually.

#29606 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:43 PM

Here is what is included in the Mystery $45 box. Credit to Wario64.

Thanks! Pulled the trigger. I think the Samus Cannon, TMNT shakers, thanos socks, and DBZ figure (can't find on site, probably super small) is worth it. The extra small stuff is junk to me and I'll probably just donate. Also, my order shows a Paka Paka blind box in addition to everything else in that order screenshot.

#29607 kemosahbe  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

Apparently Gamestop is still answering emails even though it doesn't seem like they are. An email I sent back March 5th just got replied to for the first time and they resolved my problem. So just allow a 2 month period for them to reply.

#29608 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1867 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:19 PM

Any news of them opening up in store returns?

#29609 EvilSena  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:40 PM

Apparently Gamestop is still answering emails even though it doesn't seem like they are. An email I sent back March 5th just got replied to for the first time and they resolved my problem. So just allow a 2 month period for them to reply.

What is the problem that you send to them in email?

#29610 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:43 PM

Any news of them opening up in store returns?

I'm waiting to hear about this and trade-ins.  Here in CA supposedly all toy store retailers (which I guess GS falls under) can open for curbside pickup beginning Friday.