* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#29791 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:56 AM

I saw that GameStop was going to start accepting trades again.

I'm hoping for some sort of trade promotion. The values are kinda low right now.

Gonna be weird to start thinking of trading in all this crap again! I dont think I'll bother looking at trade values until cash is back or there is a +5!  :bomb:

#29792 Insidemyscars  

Insidemyscars

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:18 AM

Disappointed to still see some doomsdayers on here, even when the whole thing has been proven completely overblown.

Again, Gamestop is considered to be one of the safest retailers to work at during this time. As someone who works in retail in a completely open store that's been open the whole time, yes, its very funny to see GS employees whine and complain.

Yeah, you're not correct at all. But you work in retail so I'm sure you're very well versed in the actual science behind the virus.

#29793 ritchardf  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:19 AM

Disappointed to still see some doomsdayers on here, even when the whole thing has been proven completely overblown.

Again, Gamestop is considered to be one of the safest retailers to work at during this time. As someone who works in retail in a completely open store that's been open the whole time, yes, its very funny to see GS employees whine and complain.

85 thousand dead and that is with everyone staying at home, how can that be overblown?

#29794 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAG in Training   43 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:30 AM

Just got my order from the 50% off 5+ sale, and I saw all 8 of my games had their original cases... or so I thought. Upon opening the vita case, it was empty.
Now I need to call customer service and deal with a replacement because my local gamestops are closed until end of May. To make matters worse, I only received 1 receipt instead of 2; I have page 2 of 2, but am missing page 1 of 2. What a mess!

#29795 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:35 AM

85 thousand dead and that is with everyone staying at home, how can that be overblown?

I may be mistaken but I believe they were referring to doom sayers aboht GameStop going under not COVID 19.

And about GameStop, they don’t have much debt and a lot of cash so yes, most speculation about them going bust is completely out of touch with reality. Now they can still be a shitty retailer, just their demise is literally not happening

#29796 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:39 AM

Seeing as my state is apparently starting to open up, I'm somewhat temped to go GS early when the open in full mask/gloves/etc to pickup some Steam credit with the $5(hoping their "No stores were found with available inventory" is just due to their awful inventory system) and/or something else with my $10 cert I can't use online.

It would be so much easier if they just considered it "gift card" credit, it seems they have too many BS restrictions(like not being able to use it on items being on sale, excluding items marked "promotion exempt") tied to the $5.  Then again, it could just be incompetence since I their $10 "online-only" reward never worked for me online, and their "regular" $10 won't work online either...

Only signed up back in August due to being pressured in-store to use my points towards it, and this reward scheme doesn't change my plans not to renew.

#29797 Eutaoo  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:04 AM

I may be mistaken but I believe they were referring to doom sayers aboht GameStop going under not COVID 19.

And about GameStop, they don’t have much debt and a lot of cash so yes, most speculation about them going bust is completely out of touch with reality. Now they can still be a shitty retailer, just their demise is literally not happening

No I was talking about Corona. The average age of death of a "Corona victim" is slightly over 80, which is older than the normal death age for literally everything else averaged out. The only people who are truly at risk are elderly people (80+) and severely overweight people, both who's times are numbered anyways.

The guy that quoted with the 85,000 is exactly who the fearmongering outlets are targeting that believes the numbers ten fold. The numbers are completely falsified, and if you havent noticed that yet than theres no helping ya.

Again, not sure why this is even being brought up on a gamestop board. Point was is they should be open completely now and they shouldve always been. There isnt a single store in my area that's open, even for pickup only, and theres about 50-60 stores there. That's just absurd.

#29798 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5729 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:09 AM

I want some of what this guy is smoking. Average age of death is 71 worldwide, 78 in the US. People who have coronavirus are somehow able to live longer than that?

#29799 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:10 AM

^This Eutaoo dude is a troll. Ignore and move on

The World ends with you and No more Heroes for Switch are on sale right now and could be used with CAG16. Very tempting

#29800 Eutaoo  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:14 AM

I want some of what this guy is smoking. Average age of death is 71 worldwide, 78 in the US. People who have coronavirus are somehow able to live longer than that?

Dont know how you even got what I said that mixed up. The average age of people WHO HAVE DIED of corona is just over 80.

And lol. The guy below was so quick to throw the troll card out because he heard something he didnt like and made himself look like a fool.

Again, not sure why this is still being talked about. Read the facts I've presented, re-think what you've believed up until now, and move on.

#29801 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:25 AM

Thank you so much. You were completely correct and this worked. My package was picked up by UPS in Texas today. Maybe there’s a chance it arrives in 7 business days after all. This community is literally the nicest group of folks around.

I posted about this on the /GameStop Reddit, simply stating my issue and questioning the “no rush” delivery policy (as opposed to free priority or first class from other companies).
I was told GameStop is a privilege, I was too greedy, and other companies are losing money every time they ship something for free. Then my post was deleted and I was permanently banned from /GameStop Reddit

The irony.

Glad I could be of help!

#29802 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5729 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:25 AM

Yikes. Dont know how you even got what I said that mixed up. The average age of people WHO HAVE DIED of corona is just over 80.
And lol. The guy below was so quick to throw the troll card out because he heard something he didnt like and made himself look like a fool.

I understood what you said. It's true that most people who died from it were old so far, but it's only been a month or two since anyone outside of China has been taking it seriously. You know young kids are getting a rare illness related to corona now? And treatment for corona is still a year away, maybe more. There's plenty of time for things to get worse.

#29803 Lumas101  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:04 AM

Thursday and Friday Flash Sale: Five select games for $10. Just making my way through the list right now but not sure how great the selection is.

Edit: Sorry, the link isn’t working properly right now even though I’m copying directly from the deals page. But it’s right there on the home page of GameStop.

https://www.gamestop...LASHSALEWEEK16"

#29804 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5729 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:09 AM

It's not great at all - it's mostly old sports games. And the DOTD is only 2 items. I can see why they're pushing for trades starting tomorrow.

#29805 mojoaoe  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:37 AM

Flash sale literally looks like all the games that get left behind when a store closes lol.

#29806 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:59 AM

Did Travis Strike Again get converted to PO? I never seen the game hit $15.97 new, and all the new copies are gone everywhere. I don't see this game flying off the shelve even at that price. Tempted to ordered PO and see if it comes sealed or with unused DLC. 

https://www.gamestop...s/10159619.html

#29807 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:15 AM

It is not arguable that this country has overreacted. The average age of death in US is right on the life expectancy age. Anyone can get it but it is killing elderly and otherwise susceptible. This did not require a complete shutdown of the country for 8 weeks that absolutely destroyed families across the country that could no longer afford to pay their bills and feed their kids. 

The number of cases in Georgia and Florida have DECREASED since those states reopened, at a rate of 12-14%.  Everywhere was not the shitshow that NYC was and shouldn’t have been treated as such. 

Having said that, was pretty pumped to order a gray and red/blue switch today from GS. Been looking for a couple weeks and always just missed them. 

#29808 Alexpguy  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:23 AM

Thursday and Friday Flash Sale: Five select games for $10. Just making my way through the list right now but not sure how great the selection is.

Edit: Sorry, the link isn’t working properly right now even though I’m copying directly from the deals page. But it’s right there on the home page of GameStop.

We've had 4/$10 for months at this point. 5/$10 for the dregs is no big deal.

#29809 EvilSena  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:25 AM

So my package was delayed. Damn and I wanted to know which game got with their original case. Also, order again today for that Dotd sale which was that gamecube controller wireless and a pop figure. (Usually, I'm not into those but only for certain series. Still waiting for Final Fantasy one.) And a ps1 games. What I hated was that we couldn't pick the color of the controller. So much for getting a silver to match with my gold.

#29810 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:13 AM

GameStop is a privilege, heh. With privileges like that, who needs punishment?

#29811 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:46 AM

Question for you GS thread peeps:

I ordered (NS) Hellmutt new back on 4/20. Was delayed for 3 weeks, got it yesterday, it was a "gutted" copy (weeeee!).
Is getting new "gutted" copies off GS.com common?

Not happy about this, at all. I can accept that crap in store, but from online??

#29812 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5552 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:13 AM

Missing out on last week's 50% off every used video game $19.99 and under.  I feel this deal on select titles, sure seems like a slap in the face.

Insult to my injury, the titles I want for this current deal are all out of stock.  The video gaming gods must hate me.

#29813 Eutaoo  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

Regardless of anyone's opinion on this whole thing, it's really crazy how some stores are going back to full operation (basically) while some still arent even operating at all.

Looked at a few of my saved trades for the shit of it and almost half of them went down to $0.01. So I tried to search again for them and apparently they're not even in the system. Whether this is a glitch or not, GS employees are in for a rough time tomorrow at these stores if they're only doing current gen returns and many games arent even showing in the system lol.

Almost everything went down too. XB1 controllers went from $18 to $11. They're gonna really try and screw people to get some quick inventory.

#29814 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

Division 2 credit is now a penny.

#29815 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:38 AM

Flash sale is all shovelware.

#29816 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4304 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:44 AM

Finally got around to checking my 2 B2G2 orders from GS that arrived tuesday.  One was from 2 weeks ago, when the B2G2 $9.99 and under worked on retro.   More miss than hit on cases & manuals.    Not even 50/50 on complete copies.

What arrived was:

Wii U Pro Controller(Nintendo brand, came with charging cable)

Doom 3(original Xbox) - disc only in sleeve, turned out to be the Collector's Edition disc with Uitimate Doom & Doom 2 included

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil(original Xbox) - case w/o manual, disc cracked in the center

Mortal Kombat Armageddon(original Xbox)- insert in generic case w/o manual

Chrono Cross(PS1)- discs only in sleeves taped together

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII(PS2)- Insert in generic case w/o manual

Alien: Isolation(XB1)- complete

Far Cry 4(PS4)-  disc only in generic case

Dragon Age: Inquistion(XB1)- disc only in generic case

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter(PS4)- disc only in generic case

If anything, more shocked how good the condition of the Pro Controller is in and had a charging cable with it(website mentions no cable).  Figured 1 or more of the retro games would have issues, but didn't expect a cracked disc to be sent.   Now I have to see if the local stores can even process a return right now for it.

#29817 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2020 - 11:59 AM

Division 2 credit is now a penny.

Don't even see it as a search result here!

#29818 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:07 PM

Missing out on last week's 50% off every used video game $19.99 and under.  I feel this deal on select titles, sure seems like a slap in the face.

Insult to my injury, the titles I want for this current deal are all out of stock.  The video gaming gods must hate me.

Hopefully it gives you consolation to see how many problems and delays people are having who ordered during that sale. You saved yourself some trouble!

#29819 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:21 PM

I’m sure people are lining up to work for you.

When you get paid $20-35 an hour and keep tips when min.wage is like 8.56 ya they do line up.

#29820 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:26 PM

Anyway when are trade's open? I've been buying everything bundle in the area. In Florida btw.