Is it a good time to pick up a Xbox One S?

solrac575

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Long story, so please bear with me.

During the 360 era I had 3 faulty Xbox 360s. I swore off the console Microsoft console -- I have owned  PS1-4 and Nintendo consoles all lasted years beyond my ownership. I like what Phil has done with Xbox and I love the gears series and I was thinking about picking up the next gen. Xbox.

And during the last GS trade in bonus and the B2G1 craze, I have a $300 gift card. With the news of Gamestops looking for a buyout, I'm worried I'll loose the opportunity to use the $$ for a Xbox 1/2. 

Is it a good time to pick up a Xbox One S?

I don't have a 4k TV and I already have a switch and an launch PS4

Thanks for any advise.

It's usually a good time to pick up a console after E3 anyway...just make sure you have a reason to want to pick up and xbox for the exclusives.

The positive of using GC is you shouldn't be charged tax.

The downside using GC i don't think you earn any types of rewards for buying/spending.

Target offers price match and 5% reduced price w/red card...also I think you get a $20 GC right now on select consoles?

Best Buy offiers their own rewards which is much less than Target but better than nothing's GS.

If I had $300 GS GC burning a hole in my pocket, I'd just ask my friends if anyone wanted for me to pick up games for them and just use up the credit that way in exchange for cash.

If you don't have a One in general, yes, definitely. I don't think it was worth the upgrade a year after the purchase.

The slimmer design was pretty good though. The bumpers on the S Controller for the One S were fine on the launch controller.

bread's done
Back