Target Ad June 24th - June 30th: Nintendo NES Classic Edition $59.99

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Nintendo NES Classic Edition - $59.99
Quantities Limited [DPCI 207-29-0180]

New Nintendo 2DS XL - $124.99

Bunch of other games in the ad but all MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost every Wal-Mart around me has about 30-60 in stock on Brickseek right now.  Looks like there's going to be lots of them out there, which is nice.

Almost every Wal-Mart around me has about 30-60 in stock on Brickseek right now. Looks like there's going to be lots of them out there, which is nice.
No Walmarts near me are showing any stock but it is good to hear you are seeing 30 to 60 per store. That combined with how many already came out last year and its looking pretty good to pick one up (if you don't have one yet).

I tried in vain to nab this in 2016 and swore I would never go to another store or wait in another line to get it. If I'm able to buy it online for $60, I'm in.

It'll be a full circle event for me.

All I want is a 2nd official Nintendo brand controller for the console I already have but I can't find the Walmart link

I want a second first-party NES controller, but I am not going out of my way to get one. Hopefully, I can just walk into a store and find plenty of them. 

I want a second first-party NES controller, but I am not going out of my way to get one. Hopefully, I can just walk into a store and find plenty of them.
Use the Wario64 link above and try to get a Walmart store pickup. Worked for me and is probably your surest bet.

Is this a new and improved version with a longer controller cord
Just opened my controller and can confirm it's the exact same ~3ft. cord. I'm quite surprised they didn't update with the longer SNES cord, but then again.. not surprised. :D

Found 2 dozen or so on a shelf in the Walmart, in Florida City, FL. They realized the street date, when we scanned them, and took them off the shelves.

Use the Wario64 link above and try to get a Walmart store pickup. Worked for me and is probably your surest bet.

Just opened my controller and can confirm it's the exact same ~3ft. cord. I'm quite surprised they didn't update with the longer SNES cord, but then again.. not surprised. :D
How long is the SNES Classic Controller? I already have it, I just want a frame of reference how short NES Classic's controller is

SNES Classic already too short. i need to stretch the HDMI to make the controller reach the couch. but i still like it

You'll be disappointed. SNES is 4.5ish feet, NES is even worse. The controller itself is great, though, I think it's actually more responsive than the originals ever were.

I have 6' extensions for my SNES and the NES controller makes me wish I'd known there were 10-footers out there. :roll:

I wish Nintendo would see the obvious craze for this thing and make more first party peripherals for it. Why do they continue to let other businesses eat their lunch unopposed?  There exist extension cords for the short controllers, but Nintendo isn't the one selling them. Actually, never mind that. They should be offering a 1st party alternative to 8bitdo wireless controllers. Ones with Nintendo's branding on them that are  the same quality as the short corded wired pads with identical dimensions and button "clicky" pressure. 8bitdo comes pretty close to the quality of vintage, but not quite.

No Cartwheel deals this week (so far), I was hoping that we might see one for the NES Mini, or for the 2DS.

My local target said they had like 60 of them but they aren't allowed to sell them until the 29th. Tried to get them to budge because the print didnt say the 29th but no go. Just gonna have to watch online purchases like a hawk.

My target says they sold out of them this morning by 9am. Does anyone know when the Google Express price for stuff updates? The orange and white 2DS XL is still listed at $149 from Target

My local target said they had like 60 of them but they aren't allowed to sell them until the 29th. Tried to get them to budge because the print didnt say the 29th but no go. Just gonna have to watch online purchases like a hawk.
My target says they sold out of them this morning by 9am. Does anyone know when the Google Express price for stuff updates? The orange and white 2DS XL is still listed at $149 from Target
Here we go again. I'm already feeling that sick lump of disappointment in my stomach.

A Target near me was reporting 24 available on Brickseek yesterday and "out of stock" today. I'm never going to get this thing.

My local Best Buy has had a steady stream of SNES basically the whole time. If they follow suit with the NES, I'll try to help some CAGs out here.

My local Best Buy has had a steady stream of SNES basically the whole time. If they follow suit with the NES, I'll try to help some CAGs out here.

Are they also releasing controllers or just the nes classic?
Do a google search for "nes classic controller walmart brickseek" and check your local stores. One of my local stores had 10 of them this weekend as they showed on Brickseek and they were on the sales floor on a random endcap in the games area. I could have been greedy, but just bought two of them because I already have an NES Classic from shortly after release when Amazon got some in and offered them to Prime members... and I wanted an extra backup for the future.

This site is ridiculous sometimes.... Stores can’t sell the item until 6/29, nobody is offering pre-orders, but the minute someone can’t verify stock online at a third party site, OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING BAWK BAWK BAWKBAWKBAWK!!!

So I was at Target today and inquired about their minis. The salesdude told me they had 80 units (80!), but they couldn't start selling until opening time Friday. They also put a limit on one per family. If I don't get one with those odds, I'm going to KILL MYSELF.

Where do you live? Here in L.A., for the SNES, I was about 35th in line at a Target with 75 units. That was after arriving 5:30 AM for an 8 o'clock opening - not comfortable but doable.

Just to give you an idea what you're looking at.

Damn. I'm in NorCal but I'm hoping with the lack of media attention this time (last time it was being covered extensively during Christmas), there won't be as much fervor. Then again, I'm probably underestimating the gaming community and raw demand since 2016. I really don't want to have to wait in another line for it.

Another thing I'm wondering about is those Walmarts that are reporting limited stock on Brickseek. If I were to stroll into a 24-hour location at, say, 11:59pm, would they be allowed to sell them at that time? (I don't even know if there's anyone working the electronics department at night.)

Yeah, there are too many factors you can't predict. If you want to secure it on Friday for sure, I would bite the bullet and wait in line at a high-stock location. You'll probably get one. But maybe consider one of the Walmarts with over two hundred and opening at 6 or 7 o'clock. Ain't gonna be two hundred people lining up at freaking 4.  :speaktothehand:

(Bonus: the Walmarts seem to be getting a lot more of the controllers than the Targets.. significant if you want a second)

Otherwise, if you tend to pop into stores on a regular basis, I'd think you'll get one in time anyway. There is no doubt Nintendo has done better since the SNES, and these new numbers indicate they're treating the NES the same. I've seen SNESes in cases just by dumb luck twice.

Just want to reitterate, if you want extra controllers... brickseek search walmart and you may find a store that has them already on the shelf.  The controllers don't appear to be under the same release date restriction as the systems.

Just want to reitterate, if you want extra controllers... brickseek search walmart and you may find a store that has them already on the shelf. The controllers don't appear to be under the same release date restriction as the systems.
Confirming since I picked up a control earlier today

bread's done
Back