CAGcast #550: E3 2018 Clean and Flush!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
A brand new show, featuring talk on Batman Ninja, mCable, Playstation vs Amazon, Atari VCS, and fresh E3 thoughts, followed by all our mini-podcasts recorded at E3 2018!
Download (4 hr 26 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episdoe is sponsored by Harrys! Claim your trial shave set at Harrys.com/CAG

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Mako - Breathe (BRKLYN Remix) [Ultra Music]
Outro - nope
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure exactly why Atari went with indie go go but Kickstarter requires a working prototype before you can begin a campaign where as indie go go doesn't

So maybe that explains why I couldn't buy a PSVR headset from Amazon when they announced the E3 price cuts incoming. They never had anything retail priced to begin with. Amazon and Sony in a pissing match. 

I love it when you guys discuss hip-hop. Especially when Shipwreck tries to remember their names until he gives up and googles it. It has happened before in a past which makes me laugh every time. Vince Staples whole schtick is that he is surly and unpleasant, so don't take what he says to heart, Cheapy. He and Logic play videos games together in their free time.

I hope next week's episode goes well with only Cheapy and Wombat. The last time this happened, they talked about bad DC movies for 45 min and Shipwreck wasn't there to stop them. Either way, I'll see you guys there!

Anybody else see the old/knockoff Mcable on Amazon for $30-40 and find themselves really tempted by it?

I really wish Nintendo would partner with Microsoft for their online services (if only so they'd have one....) but alas, just too much in the way.

RIP Gamestop = one step closer towards digital only/console locked games. I predict Sony to announce/release a driveless/discless PS4 (PSP GO MKII FTW Ultra) at TGS 18 in September, if only for Japan/Asian market. In fact I wouldn't even be surprised if Sony telling their retail "partners" about such plans ahead of E3 and burying them under NDAs is what has brought about all the weirdness in the industry the past couple months.

BTW the bigger deal in Amazon and Sony's silent war is that you can't buy PSN digital gift cards off Amazon (or at least not directly from them, some random options still available) right now/for the past couple months (since God of War's release IIRC, that was the first game where stuff was up).

Cheapy, you wanted an anime reccomendation for your son from Thor after being barraged by My Hero Academia at E3 (let me throw out Inuyasha, Gurren Lagann, and Fullmetal Alchemist on Netflix and Yowamushi Pedal on Crunchy Roll as solid choices, the last one is probably most appropriate/least objectionable content wise), but if you own the Blu-Ray set for it what you should really just do is watch Star Trek TNG dubbed in Japanese with him. I can't recall how popular the series actually was in Japan at the time (I mean it was popular everywhere), but it had a cast of relatively famous professional voice actors work on it and the episodes I watched in Japanese made as much sense as they did in English. Only caveat is that the English subtitles wouldn't necessarily match the Japanese translation, but actually you could turn the Japanese subtitles on too which may or may not help with his Kanji memorization.

Speaking of Kanji, I learned how to read Japanese in the early 2000s by playing games that were voiced (also reading shounen manga but...). My poison was Super Robot Wars because it had the most voiced lines outside of visual novels and I'm a mecha enthusiast, but for example the recent Digimon games have a lot of voiced lines and you could get the Japanese Vita versions for pretty cheap IMO.

On the Dreamcade Replay... from what I've seen so far from the 10% of kickstarter backers who got theirs early, Windows 10 was supposed to be a key feature of the thing, but I'm pretty sure it's actually its Achilles' heel. Not that Linux was a better solution (custom version of it for just emulation ala Steam OS was way beyond the scope of this project) but... even though people should know how to do initial setup on a PC in 2018, or at least have the sense to watch a youtube video on their phone about how to, I'm sure there's still going to be a lot of backlash from those who were expecting plug and play like "true" retro game devices.

BTW if anybody has plenty of free time and (literally) 10 times as much money as a Dreamcade Replay costs this is probably the best barebones (no os, no ram, no hdd) mini unit ever... aside from price/performance (you could literally buy a One X and a respectable game library for the same price). Just make sure you patch it that CPU vulnerability... and maybe a Wi-Fi one too...

LMAO 4 hour show=4 page comment

First, thanks for the great E3 recaps.  There is something extra fun about listening to you guys talk about E3 just as you get back rather than just waiting until the next week to go over the highlights.  The combination is great so keep it up.

On another note, I just found this Kickstarter that you guys should look at since you all have a Switch.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fangamer/flip-grip .  It let's you use your Switch vertically and it really pretty darn nifty.  Fangamer sent out an email about it since they helped support the idea.  While most of this kind of stuff is just not up my alley, I was very impressed with the design and price.  Take a look!

Keep up the great shows and good luck without Shipwreck this week!

bread's done
Back