Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition $19.99 Best Buy

Thanks for posting! Just placed an order for a PS4 copy.

I’m really looking forward to finally playing this game.

End of Zoe is interesting to say the least. Not a Hero was alright, but I was expecting something more substantial considering how long it was delayed.

Definitely worth it though for $15.99 w/ GCU or even $19.99.

Remember to get your $1 off for store pickup! Sold my standard copy that I got for free to a buddy for $10 and bought this....Maybe I'll play it finally.

I feel like this is the BF price, but then I won't get the GCU discount then.  Might as well get it now and play it two years from now

Thanks for the post. Couldn't pass up the Gold Edition at 20 bucks. Plus I've had a Best Buy gift card sitting around for over a year I've been waiting to use haha.

Excellent game all around. For fans of RE and those who hate previous entries as well. It's like a whole new game experience that's very streamlined with no filler.

$1 extra off only works if it's available for immediate pickup at the store you want to get it from. It works on any video game or movie regardless of price, even Dredd when it was $4.99.

Almost grabbed this awhile ago but it seems like the DLC is lacking from the story perspective

I haven’t played more than 30 mins of this. Just finished Wolfenstein 2 and Evil Within 2, should I RE7 next?

I understand it’s fairly short but I’m on a creepy/shooter kick atm and figure RE7 May be the way to go

Is the DLC on disc or a code? I have the original digitally but I'd pay 16 for the DLC when I can sell the actual game back off....

I already own the standard version of this for the PS4. Is it worth rebuying just for the dlc?
Check out the trade in price. It might have dropped, but I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago to get the dlc and traded in my vanilla copy for I think around $10-ish. Definitely worth it at that price. The dlc's not all amazing, but Daughters, the escape room thing, End of Zoe, and the messed up blackjack game alone are worth the upgrade. With some of the other stuff being a fun distraction.

Is the DLC on disc or a code? I have the original digitally but I'd pay 16 for the DLC when I can sell the actual game back off....
On disc. Except for Not a Hero, which is a free download for everyone. Just grab the gold edition and sell back the vanilla.

Are they done releasing DLC for this game?
Presumably. I think End of Zoe and Not a Hero were announced as the final dlc, and they released the requisite gold edition, so pretty sure that's all she wrote. At least until the inevitable PS5 remaster in 5 years.

Check out the trade in price. It might have dropped, but I bought it when it was on sale a few months ago to get the dlc and traded in my vanilla copy for I think around $10-ish. Definitely worth it at that price. The dlc's not all amazing, but Daughters, the escape room thing, End of Zoe, and the messed up blackjack game alone are worth the upgrade. With some of the other stuff being a fun distraction.
I looked online, but the base game is not showing up on the trade in list. Gamestop was showing up for $8.50 credit, but I rarely shop there so the credit would be kind of a waste for me.

Not a Hero was alright, but I was expecting something more substantial considering how long it was delayed.
Shouldn't expect anything from a free DLC, no matter how many delays.

They could delay it to work on higher priority paid content, main game bug fixes, or just because they needed a break.

In life, lofty expectations generally lead to disappointment.

Just a reminder for those that sold put like me, Target still price matches. I had completely forgotten until I walked in haha

I love how Best Buy heavily limits the stock on some of the daily deals. This will magically come back in stock over the next day or two. lol
for real

i know i was slacking, thinking about it, but at like 9 PM, my best buy still had this. now it suddenly doesnt lol.

ah well, after wal mart hunting today i didn't need to get anything else.

Just a reminder for those that sold put like me, Target still price matches. I had completely forgotten until I walked in haha
Target only PMs if the item is in stock. If the item isn't sold near you or is in stock, Target can deny the PM. It's happened to me before.

Target only PMs if the item is in stock. If the item isn't sold near you or is in stock, Target can deny the PM. It's happened to me before.
Seriously? Wow didnt know that! The Target employee must not have known either then since I got it and even showed him on my phone. Looks like i lucked out!

Seriously? Wow didnt know that! The Target employee must not have known either then since I got it and even showed him on my phone. Looks like i lucked out!
a lot of places are like that really. Sometimes they will load up the website themselves in store to find it locally.. if not, no PM.

I looked online, but the base game is not showing up on the trade in list. Gamestop was showing up for $8.50 credit, but I rarely shop there so the credit would be kind of a waste for me.
I looked up the UPC for the vanilla version (013388560288, which is different from the gold edition's UPC), entered it, and it came up on Best Buy's trade-in page with the gold edition cover image and a $9.93 trade-in value. So it looks like the UPC for the standard IS in the system. I would think it would work fine if the UPC is in the system when they scan it. Might be worth taking it to Best Buy and seeing what comes up when they scan it for trade-in.

I bit as well. I have the ps4 vanilla, and I ordered the xbox Gold edition. I guess 16 bucks isnt bad for the equivalent of the 'season pass', plus maybe it will look better on the X when I replay the whole thing soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how Best Buy heavily limits the stock on some of the daily deals. This will magically come back in stock over the next day or two. lol
That how these Deals of the Day work. BB gets a kickback on the cost of the item because they agree to only sell a certain amount before marking it sold out.

That how these Deals of the Day work. BB gets a kickback on the cost of the item because they agree to only sell a certain amount before marking it sold out.
That makes sense & of course it's Capcom's game to play, but it always makes me wonder about lost sales & time depreciatation. After the first few weeks of any release, there's obviously a large % of gamers who simply won't buy a game until it drops to a certain point. They may pick up late adopters & soccer moms who don't know better at the $40 price point...but that isn't going to move the needle. It may be that the psychology of the "sale" price is what they count on...as in, keep the price higher longer & sprinkle in occasional sales like this one with limited quantities to goose sales numbers temporarily here n there. Still, it would seem to me that simply lowering the price sooner to a permanent $20 would make more sense & more money. But, eh, obviously every company has a different internal policy how they handle these things.

That makes sense & of course it's Capcom's game to play, but it always makes me wonder about lost sales & time depreciatation. After the first few weeks of any release, there's obviously a large % of gamers who simply won't buy a game until it drops to a certain point. They may pick up late adopters & soccer moms who don't know better at the $40 price point...but that isn't going to move the needle. It may be that the psychology of the "sale" price is what they count on...as in, keep the price higher longer & sprinkle in occasional sales like this one with limited quantities to goose sales numbers temporarily here n there. Still, it would seem to me that simply lowering the price sooner to a permanent $20 would make more sense & more money. But, eh, obviously every company has a different internal policy how they handle these things.
this

but then again certain games like nintendo first party games can inexplicably remain launch price for years at a time and still sell.

so WTF do I know, but i still wish every game within a year would hit that 20 dollar price point because let's be real, if we wanted it at launch we'd pay launch price, if we don't then we arent getting it(except for soccer moms and other uninformed consumers) until it tanks in price.

Either way, the deal was dead already like not into half a day ago, and both the PS4/X1 versions were out of stock, speaking of which, I placed an order to get it in store pickup for the X1 version, the order got cancelled not too long later, oh well.

Maybe next time, probably on Black Friday at that price, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back