* * * * * 1 votes

Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition $19.99 Best Buy

#31 Macedon911  

Macedon911

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Hmm... Not a single Best Buy near me has it. And there are probably around 7 that are under 15 miles away.

#32 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4405 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

I looked online, but the base game is not showing up on the trade in list. Gamestop was showing up for $8.50 credit, but I rarely shop there so the credit would be kind of a waste for me.

You could always just use the Gamestop credit immediately on Xbox or PSN credit.

#33 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

Hmm... Not a single Best Buy near me has it. And there are probably around 7 that are under 15 miles away.

Likely due to store stock being used to fulfill online orders. ;)

#34 ck0  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Not a Hero was alright, but I was expecting something more substantial considering how long it was delayed.

Shouldn't expect anything from a free DLC, no matter how many delays.  

They could delay it to work on higher priority paid content, main game bug fixes, or just because they needed a break.

In life, lofty expectations generally lead to disappointment. 

#35 ec91762  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:59 AM

Just a reminder for those that sold put like me, Target still price matches. I had completely forgotten until I walked in haha

#36 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:39 AM

I love how Best Buy heavily limits the stock on some of the daily deals. This will magically come back in stock over the next day or two. lol

#37 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:50 AM

I love how Best Buy heavily limits the stock on some of the daily deals. This will magically come back in stock over the next day or two. lol

for real

i know i was slacking, thinking about it, but at like 9 PM, my best buy still had this. now it suddenly doesnt lol.

ah well, after wal mart hunting today i didn't need to get anything else.

#38 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2626 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:52 AM

Just a reminder for those that sold put like me, Target still price matches. I had completely forgotten until I walked in haha

Target only PMs if the item is in stock. If the item isn't sold near you or is in stock, Target can deny the PM.  It's happened to me before.

#39 ec91762  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:54 AM

Target only PMs if the item is in stock. If the item isn't sold near you or is in stock, Target can deny the PM. It's happened to me before.

Seriously? Wow didnt know that! The Target employee must not have known either then since I got it and even showed him on my phone. Looks like i lucked out!

#40 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:08 AM

Seriously? Wow didnt know that! The Target employee must not have known either then since I got it and even showed him on my phone. Looks like i lucked out!

a lot of places are like that really. Sometimes they will load up the website themselves in store to find it locally.. if not, no PM.

#41 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1922 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

I looked online, but the base game is not showing up on the trade in list. Gamestop was showing up for $8.50 credit, but I rarely shop there so the credit would be kind of a waste for me.

I looked up the UPC for the vanilla version (013388560288, which is different from the gold edition's UPC), entered it, and it came up on Best Buy's trade-in page with the gold edition cover image and a $9.93 trade-in value.  So it looks like the UPC for the standard IS in the system.  I would think it would work fine if the UPC is in the system when they scan it.  Might be worth taking it to Best Buy and seeing what comes up when they scan it for trade-in.

#42 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

I bit as well. I have the ps4 vanilla, and I ordered the xbox Gold edition. I guess 16 bucks isnt bad for the equivalent of the 'season pass', plus maybe it will look better on the X when I replay the whole thing soon.

#43 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

That how these Deals of the Day work. BB gets a kickback on the cost of the item because they agree to only sell a certain amount before marking it sold out.

#44 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

That how these Deals of the Day work. BB gets a kickback on the cost of the item because they agree to only sell a certain amount before marking it sold out.

That makes sense & of course it's Capcom's game to play, but it always makes me wonder about lost sales & time depreciatation. After the first few weeks of any release, there's obviously a large % of gamers who simply won't buy a game until it drops to a certain point. They may pick up late adopters & soccer moms who don't know better at the $40 price point...but that isn't going to move the needle. It may be that the psychology of the "sale" price is what they count on...as in, keep the price higher longer & sprinkle in occasional sales like this one with limited quantities to goose sales numbers temporarily here n there. Still, it would seem to me that simply lowering the price sooner to a permanent $20 would make more sense & more money. But, eh, obviously every company has a different internal policy how they handle these things.

#45 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

That makes sense & of course it's Capcom's game to play, but it always makes me wonder about lost sales & time depreciatation. After the first few weeks of any release, there's obviously a large % of gamers who simply won't buy a game until it drops to a certain point. They may pick up late adopters & soccer moms who don't know better at the $40 price point...but that isn't going to move the needle. It may be that the psychology of the "sale" price is what they count on...as in, keep the price higher longer & sprinkle in occasional sales like this one with limited quantities to goose sales numbers temporarily here n there. Still, it would seem to me that simply lowering the price sooner to a permanent $20 would make more sense & more money. But, eh, obviously every company has a different internal policy how they handle these things.

this

but then again certain games like nintendo first party games can inexplicably remain launch price for years at a time and still sell.

so WTF do I know, but i still wish every game within a year would hit that 20 dollar price point because let's be real, if we wanted it at launch we'd pay launch price, if we don't then we arent getting it(except for soccer moms and other uninformed consumers) until it tanks in price.

#46 Donutkid2222   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Donutkid2222

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:34 AM

I've learned to never buy a game in October. By black Friday those games are 50% off. Got burned twice by battlefield and FIFA.

#47 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

Either way, the deal was dead already like not into half a day ago, and both the PS4/X1 versions were out of stock, speaking of which, I placed an order to get it in store pickup for the X1 version, the order got cancelled not too long later, oh well.

Maybe next time, probably on Black Friday at that price, lol.