- - - - -

(DEAD) GameStop B2G1 all pre-owned products 6/28 - 7/3

#1 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

It's back! Offer is good on used consoles, games, accessories!

#2 Chuck Stank   Colts/Hawkeyes Fan CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Chuck Stank

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

ok

#3 Jurai  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

We have a dedicated gamestop thread

#4 bg2001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for your input...but guess what?

Some of us don't have the time or desire to pour through pages of drivel to find deal information.

This site used to be useful because you rarely had to do that. Now it isn't moderated for crap.

#5 Jurai  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for your input...but guess what?

Some of us don't have the time or desire to pour through pages of drivel to find deal information.

This site used to be useful because you rarely had to do that. Now it isn't moderated for crap.

literally the only thing being discussed in the gamestop thread is the b2g1 deal

#6 bg2001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

Yeah "literally". Take a look at the most recent 10 posts in the thread. Better yet, take a look at YOUR most recent post.

You used to, and shouldn't have to, wade through sh'''''t to get useful info.

Headlines are useful. You should only need to read the thread if you want more info about the headline. Like the way news works.

#7 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

I appreciate this thread. Ignore the haters. A lot of people, myself included, stay out of the GS thread because it’s usually a clusterf*ck.

#8 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

While everyone else is bitching about the low trade in values, I used $90 of credit I was sitting on to replace the Zelda BotW I traded in forever ago for >$50, as well as pick up Kirby and Danky Kang for Switch. Eilte + B2G1 makes GS used prices pretty decent. Only took 20 years!

#9 thirtytwoutside   HOW CAN SHE SLAP CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

thirtytwoutside

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with the people who are saying this post is useful - the GameStop thread rarely has any deal information and on a fairly consistent basis just seems to be people talking about flipping games. Which is lame.

#10 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1458 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for posting this!

#11 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with the people who are saying this post is useful - the GameStop thread rarely has any deal information and on a fairly consistent basis just seems to be people talking about flipping games. Which is lame.

I just want to chip in to say that flipping games is GameStop’s business model. If people can profit at the store’s expense by doing the same thing, kudos to them. I know I can’t pull it off.

#12 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

If the thread would post informative subject lines like other threads do, then your point would be valid.. but most people don't care about GameStop on a day to day basis

#13 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:52 AM

I just want to chip in to say that flipping games is GameStop’s business model. If people can profit at the store’s expense by doing the same thing, kudos to them. I know I can’t pull it off.

fair point, but still i agree with what others have said, that thread is usually bitching back and forth with a side of game flipping, and thats great and all....but the main headline here would be lost in a giant mega thread.

so i appreciate knowing the main headline and it getting tossed into it's own thread, even if i don't use this sale.

#14 tmacdunk  

tmacdunk

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

lol@the forums Nazis.  Like they have to pay for the server space or something.

#15 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6130 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

I LOL'ed when I saw that this ends before the Fourth of July. If they extended it by one day, they might get some more transactions off this deal.

#16 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8954 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

The Gamestop thread is usually...ummm which trade offer is going on now....and oh values dropped or increased...try to trade in now. I'm glad for this too, though I wont likely take advantage of it.

#17 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1780 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

Thanks OP, would have missed this.

#18 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

My understanding is that all games from the B2G1 must be returned when bought together. Is there a way to get a prorated price if you only want to keep 1 or 2 games when ordering this from online? Really wanted Souls remastered/Yakuza 0 but my local stores doesn't have this used.

A store associate told me that when you order the B2G1 online the values will be split across all 3 titles on the receipt?

#19 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   654 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

My understanding is that all games from the B2G1 must be returned when bought together. Is there a way to get a prorated price if you only want to keep 1 or 2 games when ordering this from online? Really wanted Souls remastered/Yakuza 0 but my local stores doesn't have this used.

A store associate told me that when you order the B2G1 online the values will be split across all 3 titles on the receipt?

This hasn't been true in my experience. I've seen a single game have a $0 price on the receipt and the other two have the full price (minus any pro/elite discount). This may have changed.

#20 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

I ordered 9, with the expectation that three will be returned. I don’t believe they will let you pro-rate the return, but you can return all three, and then buy two with a different third from in store.

#21 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:54 PM

Personally I haven't try but I was told there's no split the values. So either keep all or return all.

They are not Target ;) 

#22 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   448 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

This honestly all depends on how Gamestop ships it. If you receive all of the games from 1 store or warehouse in 1 box then it will be as the associate told you. If you get 3 separate boxes or shipments, you get individual receipts for each item in the order generally. I've seen it both ways and its not consistent one way or the other.

#23 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Personally I haven't try but I was told there's no split the values. So either keep all or return all.

They are not Target ;)

How about if you have a defective copy  among the B2G1 then? Hoping here, that you don't have to return all 3 and they can do an even exchange for another one.

#24 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

How about if you have a defective copy  among the B2G1 then? Hoping here, that you don't have to return all 3 and they can do an even exchange for another one.

I don't know how it work exactly. I had one disc was scratched up and luckily my local Gamestop has another copy I can just switch out without doing the return/rebuy process. 

I mean it could all depends on the associates you dealing with. All the posts above that responded to your question are valid.

Spoiler

#25 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

Does anyone know if the B2G1 promo can be used with $ off pre-owned reward certificates? Was thinking of using either (1) $5 and (1) $10 off on a transaction, or just (1)$15 off ... as I have 12,000 points.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

#26 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Does anyone know if the B2G1 promo can be used with $ off pre-owned reward certificates? Was thinking of using either (1) $5 and (1) $10 off on a transaction, or just (1)$15 off ... as I have 12,000 points.

Depends on the prices of games you are buying, if they are all the same price the coupons will end up being used on the free game making them worthless, but if you are buying 1 $50 game and two $30 games then it would be worth it to use as the $50 game would get the coupons but not be lowered to the cheapest game so it wouldn't end up as the free one.

#27 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Thanks ... I've been burned before, which is why I asked

Depends on the prices of games you are buying, if they are all the same price the coupons will end up being used on the free game making them worthless, but if you are buying 1 $50 game and two $30 games then it would be worth it to use as the $50 game would get the coupons but not be lowered to the cheapest game so it wouldn't end up as the free one.

#28 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

I don't know how it work exactly. I had one disc was scratched up and luckily my local Gamestop has another copy I can just switch out without doing the return/rebuy process. 

I mean it could all depends on the associates you dealing with. All the posts above that responded to your question are valid.

Spoiler

Regarding the comment on switching out generic cases for actual artwork, a local manager here never gave me any problems when doing this (provided that I had a receipt). Although he did quote me on that it's not within their policy to do so.

That would be one for the negatives of ordering online for this promo. You don't know if your going to get a complete game delivered.

#29 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:57 AM

hFtCOqJ.jpg

#30 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

hFtCOqJ.jpg

lol....beautiful