* * * * - 1 votes

(Prices now live) Gametop GameDays Summer Sale 7/2/18 - 7/15/8

#61 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

I'm surprised they actually scaled down the preowned price of Skyrim Special Edition to go along with the sale price for New.

#62 FrostiAurora  

FrostiAurora

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

Just wanted to point out bioshock collection is also $20 at bestbuy, and the shipping is a little cheaper at BB compared to gamestop. At least, it was for me.

#63 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3312 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

Hopefully BB also jumps on the pricing wagon with Amazon and drops MHW to $30 pre GCU. Make my 4th nice.

#64 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3029 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

I'm surprised L.A. Noire hasn't dropped to $20 yet.

I always wondered why the game was so expensive even now, when it can be gotten for a few dollars on previous consoles.

#65 konicki829   Balls Deep CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

konicki829

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

I just received one of my B2G1 free orders. I had only ordered 3 games (Wii, 360 and Xbone). However there was a second package with the same order number and tracking number also addressed to me. I come to find 3 preowned PS4s in the box. Checked my CC and order history and nothing comes up. So am I a winner?

#66 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

I just received one of my B2G1 free orders. I had only ordered 3 games (Wii, 360 and Xbone). However there was a second package with the same order number and tracking number also addressed to me. I come to find 3 preowned PS4s in the box. Checked my CC and order history and nothing comes up. So am I a winner?

I guess? Gamestop will ultimately learn 2 package were delivered to you when the delivery person scans the duplicate labels. They will get charged the shipping fee for the label after the fact by the delivery service. Now, they won't know at first what you got extra. However, they know the serial numbers of those consoles I'd expect and someone will report not getting their shipment somewhere...

#67 konicki829   Balls Deep CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

konicki829

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:58 PM

I guess? Gamestop will ultimately learn 2 package were delivered to you when the delivery person scans the duplicate labels. They will get charged the shipping fee for the label after the fact by the delivery service. Now, they won't know at first what you got extra. However, they know the serial numbers of those consoles I'd expect and someone will report not getting their shipment somewhere...

Yea, as someone else suggested to me in the GameStop B2G1 thread, I'm going to hold on to them for 30 or so days and make sure no random CC charge comes across. Don't want to deal with the hassle if they do come after me for them.

#68 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3931 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

Grabbed Battlefront 2, since I'm tired of waiting for XBL to have it on sale.  Figured with the stuff they fixed and the Clone Wars DLC they're adding later this year, $20 is a decent price for it.   My local store had a ton of sealed copies for the normal version, but no Elite Trooper edition.

#69 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1613 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

Yea, as someone else suggested to me in the GameStop B2G1 thread, I'm going to hold on to them for 30 or so days and make sure no random CC charge comes across. Don't want to deal with the hassle if they do come after me for them.

Just sayin they can trace them back to you if they really want to. But do they? Only someone in the loss prevention offices at gamestop headquarters can say for sure. There are hoops to jump through. Prob they chalk it up to shit happens and suck it up. Hey bottom line, they messed up using duplicate labels

#70 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1774 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

Just sayin they can trace them back to you if they really want to. But do they? Only someone in the loss prevention offices at gamestop headquarters can say for sure. There are hoops to jump through. Prob they chalk it up to shit happens and suck it up. Hey bottom line, they messed up using duplicate labels

Yep, and some CAG somewhere is crying for not getting their flips....and we all know only a CAG would by 3 PS4.  :shame:

#71 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

Why is this even posted in both threads? Obviously a screw up that your trying to take advantage of and brag about it.

#72 konicki829   Balls Deep CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

konicki829

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Why is this even posted in both threads? Obviously a screw up that your trying to take advantage of and brag about it.

I was trying to see if this has had happened to anyone else, and I shouldn't have posted in this thread. My last remark came off as braggy so I am sorry for that. My bad everyone!

#73 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1102 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

I was trying to see if this has had happened to anyone else, and I shouldn't have posted in this thread. My last remark came off as braggy so I am sorry for that. My bad everyone!

Not a big deal that you posted it here, IMO.  

The other option you could do is return the systems.  But call the District Manager first and let them know what happened then ask them what store they want you to return it to.  Could buy you some goodwill at your favorite store.  Or ask the DM for a discount on an item for being an honest guy.  Happened to me before.  Not with 3 used PS4, but you know what I mean. 

#74 Ratmonkey  

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

Hey everybody, I ordered 3 PS4s on the b2g1 and I never got them. So if someone gets them randomly, just ship them over to me and I will take care of them.

#75 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:11 AM

Hey everybody, I ordered 3 PS4s on the b2g1 and I never got them. So if someone gets them randomly, just ship them over to me and I will take care of them.

What 3 PS4 games did you order?

#76 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

Just tried to price match at bestbuy but they said they don’t price match GameStop anymore..I know target does but since when did bestbuy stop price matching GameStop?

#77 mojoaoe  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:56 AM

Got the only copy of has been heros for free with my -10$ off coupon. Got kinda pissed off when the guy pulled out a used copy and then put a seal sticker over the opening. I asked if he had a sealed copy and he said no this is all we have. oh well...

#78 Maneru  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:17 AM

In the united states, anything sent to you through the mail without your expressly requesting it is considered a gift. It is against the law for them to charge you for them or request you return them.

Link to the FTC.gov page on the subject:

https://www.consumer...red-merchandise

#79 Troe123  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:20 AM

Does South Park: TFBH switch version still have technical issues?

#80 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   654 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:49 AM

Does South Park: TFBH switch version still have technical issues?

The load times are still too long, but I beat it no problem. Just save often.

#81 Omni99  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:58 AM

Just tried to price match at bestbuy but they said they don’t price match GameStop anymore..I know target does but since when did bestbuy stop price matching GameStop?

If it's a local competitor then they should.

#82 JokerBingo  

JokerBingo

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:13 AM

BB has been doing weird stuff lately, fortunately Amazon has matched the Gamestop price. I just had BB match Amazon $29.99.

#83 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

If rocket league is on switch I am in that’s half price

Lol nope

#84 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:10 AM

Got the only copy of has been heros for free with my -10$ off coupon. Got kinda pissed off when the guy pulled out a used copy and then put a seal sticker over the opening. I asked if he had a sealed copy and he said no this is all we have. oh well...

You’re going to be really pissed when you play it.

#85 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:02 AM

Best Buy tried the no matching GS with me as well. Then played the local competitor knowledge. Was told like the system won't allow it. Called the manager over and hit a few keys on the reg and she was cool with PM. After RZ got Dead By Daylight and Dead Alliance for the price of a tasty Kit Kat.

#86 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:23 AM

Best Buy tried the no matching GS with me as well. Then played the local competitor knowledge. Was told like the system won't allow it. Called the manager over and hit a few keys on the reg and she was cool with PM. After RZ got Dead By Daylight and Dead Alliance for the price of a tasty Kit Kat.

Yeah sometimes we just gotta get lucky with the employees or managers. I tried price matching at target but damn that’s like the worst place to price match at. They gotta make sure the numbers of the item 100% matches for them to pm it. I did get a nice girl to pm GameStop before though even though the item wasn’t showing up in their system

#87 mojoaoe  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:53 AM

You’re going to be really pissed when you play it.

I wont even play it hahaha, good to bundle with my 5 switches i have to sell now lol

#88 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11803 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

I've had no problem price matching Gamestop online through Best Buy chat.  I believe they even have a local store pickup option so it doesn't have to be mailed.

#89 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Picked up Elex from the sale. It’s a little janky, but so far I’m really enjoying it.

#90 OptimusRhyme   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

OptimusRhyme

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:21 PM

Has anyone ever been told that the carrier for a phone couldn’t be traded in? I had a Verizon iPhone I was trading in but he kept saying that his system wouldn’t let him change it so it was listed as “other” lost out on quite a bit of trade in credit.