• :switch: :3ds: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker $39.99
  • :switch: Shining Resonance Refrain Draconic Launch Edition $49.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Earthfall Deluxe Edition $39.99
Game Deals:

• :switch: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle $29.99 Save $30
  • :switch: Just Dance 2018 $29.99 Save $30
  • :switch: FIFA 18 $49.99 Save $10
Everything Else:

• Free $100 Best Buy Gift Card with the purchase of select Samsung QLED TVs and an Xbox One X or Xbox One S Console
  • Save $10 on select Controllers when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6-Months of Xbox Live Gold when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Save $30 on select games with purchase of a Nintendo Switch Console
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Headset $129.99 Save $20
  • Save up to 40% on select Logitech Racing Wheels
  • Save up to $20 on select Overwatch and South Park collectibles
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• A Quiet Place $19.99 Save $8
  • A Quiet Place Only @ BB Steelbook $24.99 Save $3
  • A Quiet Place 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • The Equalizer 4K $19.99 Save $3
  • The Equalizer 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $22.99 Save $2
  • Chappaquiddick $19.99 Save $8
  • The Magicians: Season Three $28.99 Save $6

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have octopath collectors edition preordered- not sure if I should cancel or not and just get regular...seems like it could be something I could resell tho...

Hmmm, A Quiet Place was great, but I'm not sure if I'd be interested in repeat viewings. It really works best the first time through, but once you know how it goes it loses a lot of the suspense.

Does Best Buy know that retail price isn't a sale? So many games with 0 discounts.

Edit - nevermind they fixed it. They had listed a bunch of switch games with no discount on the video game sale list.

Thanks for the ad posting, Tyrok!

One of the "sales" in the ad this week is the Switch Pro Controller for...$1 off. Why in the blue hell would you even waste space by including that? Christ, Best Buy!
No Red Faction mentioned in the online ad, so if any BB store has it, will they sell it before Tuesday? Not like the "real" street date is the 10th.

As someone who doesn't yet have a Switch, I thought I'd let the thread know that you can only add one of the 4 Switch games advertised as "buy a Switch, get these games half off" to get the discount. 

One of the "sales" in the ad this week is the Switch Pro Controller for...$1 off. Why in the blue hell would you even waste space by including that? Christ, Best Buy!
Everything is relative, mind you. For Nintendo, that's what passes for a deal!

It's been a while since I've actually stepped foot into a Best Buy store.

Went into one today, and was confused by the layout.  They had movies around the center area of the store as always, but they put the video games section off in one of the corners, and it was pretty sad.  

The checkout is similar to customer service now.  Instead of lanes, it's just a desk, and they corral people with those black elastic fences.

So weird.  I wonder how long it's been like this.

I think it has to do with the store size since I've seen old, new, and slim floorplans for BB's I've been to. Games back in the corner tend to be an outdated floorplan from what I can tell, as most stores have them local to the movie section with them being just in front of the movies as rows.

Yeah the games used to be adjacent to the movies, as I remember the store layout from before. 

But not only did they separate them, they put them in a corner and what used to be a prominent dept., it seemed to be put in as an afterthought.  It's just one small row per console (PS4, Xbox, etc).  Damn I remember when I first signed up for GCU, you had to do it in-store, they actually had a specific register/till for gaming you could ring out at.

Also I dunno if it was because it was Sunday, but there were a ton of blue shirts walking around, like more than necessary.  It wasn't that busy at the store, but you couldn't take a few steps without seeing one.  A few were bunched up in the middle at the cellular kiosks as always, another group of 3-4 chit-chatting.  Over on the far wall was some in black shirts, CSRs for refrigerators or some such.  I even saw a rare neon green shirt (but he could be just some shopper, that looked like he worked there).

I remember for a while when they had the gaming register for pre-orders they also had a info kiosk that could print out whichever game you wanted to pre-order and show you videos of the games. Thing almost never worked correctly and that whole gaming department got the axe around when the magazine was shut down. Brings back memories of all the midnight launches and parties they'd throw back then; really sad how that's all long gone now.

Also I dunno if it was because it was Sunday, but there were a ton of blue shirts walking around, like more than necessary. It wasn't that busy at the store, but you couldn't take a few steps without seeing one. A few were bunched up in the middle at the cellular kiosks as always, another group of 3-4 chit-chatting. Over on the far wall was some in black shirts, CSRs for refrigerators or some such. I even saw a rare neon green shirt (but he could be just some shopper, that looked like he worked there).
Sounds like Circuit City before they collapsed.

No Red Faction mentioned in the online ad, so if any BB store has it, will they sell it before Tuesday? Not like the "real" street date is the 10th.
Internal street date was changed to the 10th so no.

I have 3 of them all within a half hour drive of me, none of which are scheduled to close anytime soon, incredibly. Theyre still rockin the 1980 IBM PCs as cash registers
The last one near me (that I know of) closed up a few months back. I went in and it was really sad. They probably had about 5 shelves with any product on it and even had some older CRT TVs they clearly dug out of the back they were trying to sell.

If anybody is still looking for their NES mini controller, try going in store. I went today to browse and found 3 in the aisles.

Best Buy is going to troll the gamer club members. As soon as the last GCU membership expires, the next day they will do the buy 2 get 1 free on all games sale.

Best Buy is going to troll the gamer club members. As soon as the last GCU membership expires, the next day they will do the buy 2 get 1 free on all games sale.
If they ran that now with GCU they'd probably exclude the GCU discount from the b2g1 anyway.

Just ordered a copy of Octopath Traveler. The CE is in stock too at Best Buy, but I decided to not order as I don't think I need the extra stuff. If they have it in the store when I go to pick up my pre-order though I may just change my mind.

If they ran that now with GCU they'd probably exclude the GCU discount from the b2g1 anyway.

Just ordered a copy of Octopath Traveler. The CE is in stock too at Best Buy, but I decided to not order as I don't think I need the extra stuff. If they have it in the store when I go to pick up my pre-order though I may just change my mind.
Eh, Idk how deeply discounted Switch CE stuff will be in the future, but all things considered I don't think it's worth it imo. Just extra luggage. Unless you think it'll be a cult hit and resale will appreciate. Or you just LOVE the game.

Eh, Idk how deeply discounted Switch CE stuff will be in the future, but all things considered I don't think it's worth it imo. Just extra luggage. Unless you think it'll be a cult hit and resale will appreciate. Or you just LOVE the game.
I definitely don't need it, but I think the CE is really cool with the little dioramas that are included. It's a SquareEnix game though so the CE will probably have some resale value to it, that wouldn't be a reason for me to buy it though.

Mario + Rabbids @ $24 is very good with those w/ GCU. Very tempting.

How is Christmas in July sales?
Is it still considered "tempting" if it's been this same price for months now? I say piss or get off the pot.

Has anyone had any luck price matching at Best Buy with say Square Enixs online store? I want to price match Final Fantasy XIV Complete

bread's done
Back