- - - - -

My Best Buy Member Offer: Destiny 2 for $5.99/4.79

#61 chinaurge   CAG Master CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

chinaurge

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

I do not have PlayStation Plus.  Could someone please advise which scenario is accurate when trying to play just the solo campaign offline, not multiplayer?

a. Solo campaign fully playable without PlayStation Plus.

b. Solo campaign partially playable with some features missing, without PlayStation Plus.

c. Solo campaign not playable without PlayStation Plus.

#62 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

I do not have PlayStation Plus. Could someone please advise which scenario is accurate when trying to play just the solo campaign offline, not multiplayer?

b. Solo campaign partially playable with some features missing, without PlayStation Plus.

You can't play this game offline.

#63 GamerSavage   M*A*S*H 4077th CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

Went ahead and grabbed a copy for X1, for $5 plus tax after in-store pickup discount it's worth it.

#64 paul6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

removed

#65 Kylearan   Hell Drifter CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:51 AM

At this price? In for the campaign

#66 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

I do not have PlayStation Plus. Could someone please advise which scenario is accurate when trying to play just the solo campaign offline, not multiplayer?

Ignore the post right below yours. It's A. You can go through the entire campaign just fine without PS+. Raids, pvp and I think strikes require PS+.

#67 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

Ignore the post right below yours. It's A. You can go through the entire campaign just fine without PS+. Raids, pvp and I think strikes require PS+.

He/she did ask about playing the solo campaign "offline." You can't do that. You have to be connected. I get the distinction you're making but PS+ is not what I was commenting on.

#68 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

With Gamestop’s current TIV, I don’t mind paying 18 cents to rent it lol.

When the value tanks just hold onto it for bait when they do a trade 6 get extra %% deal and use it then to bump other stuff

#69 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   480 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:49 PM

Thanks op. I Bought this for my son. We were surprised how nice the print is. Easily worth the $6 for both.

#70 Sielanas  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:39 AM

In for an Xbox version. Would have preferred PC, but $4.04 total is good enough. Will get my money's worth for the campaign.

#71 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:29 AM

Mama is asleep so now I can play violent video games

#72 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5489 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:44 AM

So if this Plywood schematic worth anything lol  ???

#73 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8152 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:16 AM

with free shipping on this I couldnt pass it up. Another game to the backlog

#74 gundie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:47 AM

In for one.

#75 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4330 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

You can’t renew anymore but they’re honoring existing memberships until their expiration date

Thanks, where can I check if my membership is still active and/or what the expiration date is?

#76 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3303 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

Thanks, where can I check if my membership is still active and/or what the expiration date is?

Sign into bestbuy.com and go to account home. There will be a banner toward the top that says MyBBGamer'sClubUnlocked if you still have it. Below that will be the expiration date.

#77 RBK  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:33 AM

Campaign is decent so far.  Might not have panned out to the generation-defining IP it was hyped up to be, but the gameplay is strong enough on it's own.

#78 Blandco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

I am super dumb.  My game came with a "scan barcode to add expansion pass to purchase"  Is this just a method for stores to sell DLC during the original purchase?  This is first time I have run into this.

#79 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

Returned mine today. Required online play is a no-go for me. Thanks anyways, OP.

#80 Lonely Boy  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:05 AM

Now the only problem is getting rid of this unopened $10 copy I bought a few months ago... :headache:

I was able to return my extra copy to Walmart for $19.97 (+tax) in store credit, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

#81 Taijipanda  

Taijipanda

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:38 AM

In for one as a gift. 

Seems they pulled the Trends International - Destiny Coldheart Mounted Print from the offer. Shame, part of the reason I ordered was as I actully wanted the print lol.

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the offer (That includes the print offer)? Will see if I can get a manager to include it but would be cool to have some proof. 

#82 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5489 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

In for one as a gift. 

Seems they pulled the Trends International - Destiny Coldheart Mounted Print from the offer. Shame, part of the reason I ordered was as I actully wanted the print lol.

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the offer (That includes the print offer)? Will see if I can get a manager to include it but would be cool to have some proof. 

I got the thing with mine... not really sure what to do with it..

#83 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1830 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

In for one as a gift. 

Probably because of stock.  When I ordered a week ago, the print was already unavailable online and only available for store pickup at select stores.  It was still part of the offer, but I had to remove the print from my cart just to be able to select shipping instead of store pickup.

#84 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2290 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:48 AM

Campaign is decent so far.  Might not have panned out to the generation-defining IP it was hyped up to be, but the gameplay is strong enough on it's own.

the gameplay is strong....unless you've played D1 since beta.....then you realize that the gameplay is really just nerfed to hell and back. newcomers will enjoy the gameplay of D2 no doubt.....vets however remember a time where the gameplay was 10x better and are thus salty about it and have quit the series because bungie patches and DLC nerf stuff into the ground constantly to the point where "nerf fusion rifles" is a meme.

#85 7String  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

My Destiny 2 shrinkwrap had a little sticker on it that said Scan the barcode for the expansion 1 and 2 pass........I didn’t notice that you could peel it back and underneath was a scan code, for the register at checkout....

Did anyone else notice this or did anyone have it scanned? It looks like the expansion passes might be included? Any experience with this, and if its the pass, do you think its possible to Go back and have them scan?

#86 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12662 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

My Destiny 2 shrinkwrap had a little sticker on it that said Scan the barcode for the expansion 1 and 2 pass........I didn’t notice that you could peel it back and underneath was a scan code, for the register at checkout....

Did anyone else notice this or did anyone have it scanned? It looks like the expansion passes might be included? Any experience with this, and if its the pass, do you think its possible to Go back and have them scan?

Come on man, it's an option to purchase the expansion pass, not a free expansion pass.

#87 srocky26  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

I don't play online at all, but would be interested in grabbing that for a few bucks if the single-player is decent. Heard 2 has a story and nice production values. Sounds fun enough to try.

EDIT: Forgot that D2 is an always-online game so cancelling this order. Thanks anyways, OP.

Given you can't play this unless you're connected online even for solo, and that i won't get to this anytime soon, it's going back.

You can't play this game offline.

Returned mine today. Required online play is a no-go for me. Thanks anyways, OP.

#88 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

^It can be a daily struggle for some.

I saw the scannable sticker when I got mine home and thought it was giving the expansions for free too. Disappointment came quickly when I actually read it.

#89 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

Oh, look, I have a cyber follower, I mean, stalker.

#90 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

Oh, look, I have a cyber follower, I mean, stalker.

Is it really stalking when you've posted the same message 4 times over the span of 6 days in the same topic?