Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Deluxe Edition (PS4 only) - $25.99 at Bestbuy.com (clearance)

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
This has been steadily decreasing over the last several weeks and has finally hit just over $20 (if you still have GCU).  $25.99 without GCU and $20.79 with it.

PS4 version only as the XBox One version is still $49.99.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-deluxe-edition-playstation-4/5872500.p?skuId=5872500

A note about buying this in store:

Since its a clearance item the price may actually be higher or lower in store (though in my experience it is mostly higher, plus GCU doesn't come off automatically on clearance items in store).  If you are buying an in-store copy it may be best to go to the store first and verify the in-store price before purchasing.  They should match the website price but it may be YMMV for them to add the GCU discount to it so it may be safer to order for in store pick up (plus get an additional $1 off as well when you choose shipping and switch to in-store pickup during checkout).

I wouldn't want the contents of this CE even if they were offered to me for free. This is one of the most exploitative, deceptive and poorly made CEs in all of gaming.
Complete scam.

I wouldn't want the contents of this CE even if they were offered to me for free. This is one of the most exploitative, deceptive and poorly made CEs in all of gaming.
Complete scam.
Is this game that bad? I have heard similar things on this site but curious if I should still hold out or not...

Is this game that bad? I have heard similar things on this site but curious if I should still hold out or not...
No it isn't bad, it just isn't as well liked as the past editions because they left out some old fan favorites and instead focused on characters from the MCU instead of the comics (no X-Men). The art style is a mixed bag, some hate it, others are fine with it. The story mode is nonsensical (as expected). It's still a lot of fun, but as I understand it is pretty dead these days online.

I have this game. The presentation is terrible. Menus are barebones with what looks almost like times new Roman font. Graphics are pretty rough too, especially characters faces. The gameplay is fine, but as others have said online is a ghost town these days.

I agree with what everyone has said. I would wait for some Game of the Year Edition with everything on it for $20.

I think the roster alone debunks that rumor. I know that the base game is desperately lacking on classic character, but only 4 actual new characters seems too low, especially with only Doctor Octopus new for Marvel and not a single character connected the the MCU. I also doubt Gene would ever get into MvC because of how niche God Hand is. And why Ruby Heart and Amingo but now SonSon?

Finally, on big sticking point with the community was the mind-numbing decision to have an uneven split in the roster, with it ending with more Marvel than Capcom characters. Swinging back the other way isn't going to fix that complaint.

yea like that'll ever happen
Capcom will not sit on the franchise, they just need some retooling. Get some characters back in the game people want, spruce up the already good gameplay, clean up the art and add some features people want and it would do great. If they do add Wolverine, Deadpool and Cable pretty much everything would be forgiven.

I'm a sucker for steelbooks, so I went for it. I already have an unopened MVCI for $16, I got this for $22.66 after tax, and I'm sure I'll eventually buy an updated one for $16 (maybe $20 if GCU is dead by then).

There's a rumor going around that they are working on a new version of Infinite with added characters, etc.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/2054/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-uncanny-edition-announcement-at-evo
It's the exact same rumor that went around back in 2012 in regards to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

https://www.dualshockers.com/rumor-capcom-to-unveil-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-uncanny-edition-this-friday/

So I wouldn't put too much stock into this one. That being said I wouldn't mind seeing an update with new characters, arcade mode with endings and a much better visual style.

Game itself is fun, it plays well. Damn shame it was dead out the gate. Watched high level play at CEO, there's tons of wasted potential.

The boxed CE was an abomination, yeah. Completely inexcusable.

Well EVO is in a month and Gamescom end of August so if both those pass and no new MVC then the rumors are obviously false.

I believe there was also a rumor of the game being delisted digitally in October.

Complete scam.

The game isn't bad. The gameplay is actually very good. It's the collector's edition that is an insult.
Good thing this thread is for the Deluxe Edition with the steelbook, and not the CE (which is still $170 for some reason).

Game itself is fun, it plays well. Damn shame it was dead out the gate.
And ppl claim gameplay matters most whenever there's a discussion. Obviously false. xD

Just like ppl claiming personality is most important, not the looks. Let's be real, without the initial appearance attraction, you won't even cave to find out the personality. Same with this game, no looks, no play for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean the gameplay IS imporant and while good, it's still littered with tons of dumb shit.

The entire game feels like Capcom just didn't give a damn, so neither did most players. I think MVCI is light years ahead of UMVC3, but at least Marvel 3 looked and sounded great.

The only thing I remember about this game was people complaining about the collector's edition.. people paid $200.00 for easter eggs instead of the glowing crystals.. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Also got one - pleasantly surprised with this. I heard the graphics were terrible, and while the art style is controversial, the characters have a lot of detail: almost as much as SFV. The stages are equally nicely detailed, though there are shockingly few of them - less than there are in any other Capcom fighter, including the original SF from 1987. The gameplay is equally updated, playing exactly as a VS game in the SFV era should, and the Infinity Stones are a nice addition, even if some (like Soul) seem to be much more powerful than others. Mode wise, this seems barren, lacking even what MVC3 provided. The story, like SFV, is something you'll play once, and scratch your head in confusion. Arcade is five normal battles, an easy boss fight, and a ridiculous boss fight, where you have to rely on cheap tactics to beat an overpowered boss, which is a hallmark of the series since the original X-Men vs. SF installment. Online fights are tough to come by, and you can't search for one while you do other things, like you can in V.

They show love to Command Mission X in this game yet turn around and just ignore it in the X Legacy Collection. Someone needs to take a shit outside of Capcom HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back