* * * - - 2 votes

Hollow Knight 7.49 on Mexico eShop (switch)

#31 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:35 AM

http://eshop-checker.xyz

Stardew Valley and a few others are better priced in peso. I grabbed Dragons Blaze, but it was only a little cheaper.

I got Stardew Valley on steam so I'll skip that.

Needed Hollow Knight so I'm glad I got that one.

#32 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11342 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:04 AM

Tiny Metal is like half the price there I believe as well, or atleast it was when I got it a few months ago

Kind of a spiritual successor to Advance Wars, though I havent had much time to play it myself yet.

#33 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

Pocket Rumble is only $5.76. I bought that.

#34 omegasaber   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

omegasaber

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

Was going to hold out for a physical release, but that's a tempting price. 

#35 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6353 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

Mexico price or not, this is an excellent game.

#36 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4295 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

Man need to pick this, Stardew Valley, and Paladins up. Can US eshop credit work if added when switched to Mexico? Would really like to use store credit then paypal.

#37 Necremis   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Necremis

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Man need to pick this, Stardew Valley, and Paladins up. Can US eshop credit work if added when switched to Mexico? Would really like to use store credit then paypal.

No, when you switch your location on the webpage in your nintendo account settings, a page pops up explaining how it works.  Eshop credits you earn from buying games is tied to that region only.  I don't know about if you buy prepaid cards and such, cause I only use my credit card to buy things.

#38 PoorBamaGamer  

PoorBamaGamer

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

Can anyone link me to Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight? The browser keeps taking me to the US shop and I can’t find a search bar on the Mexican site.

#39 Hiiipowerswag66642069  

Hiiipowerswag66642069

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Can anyone link me to Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight? The browser keeps taking me to the US shop and I can’t find a search bar on the Mexican site.

You have to go thru the switch to buy them not ur browser. The browsers only to change country

#40 alexkidd401  

alexkidd401

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:26 AM

Are the games still on sale?

#41 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:15 AM

You should check out that link I posted. It has the region prices.

#42 yuzhanvong   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

yuzhanvong

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

It's still on sale. Grabbed it this morning

#43 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

It isn't a sale.  Those are the standard prices for Stardew and Hollow Knight on the Mexican eShop.  These base price disparities often happen between different regions and they can be taken advantage of.

#44 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:20 PM

When paying with US currency won’t you get some type of bank charges negating the savings, like PayPal fees for instance. That was always the case with those discounted eshop $10 for $7 cards imported from Europe or Russia. You’d pay $7 but your bank would tack on a $2 charge each time for foreign shopping or foreign currency.

#45 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

When paying with US currency won’t you get some type of bank charges negating the savings, like PayPal fees for instance. That was always the case with those discounted eshop $10 for $7 cards imported from Europe or Russia. You’d pay $7 but your bank would tack on a $2 charge each time for foreign shopping or foreign currency.

The only fee is the high sales tax from Mexico. It's something like 15% I believe. The two games I bought ended up being like $.50 more.

*Edit* After checking again it might just be a difference in exchange rates or something. It doesn't look like I was even charged tax.

#46 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Some cards/banks have no exchange fee, those are the cards you want tied to the account.
Id switch for a few titles but i have credit on my account..

#47 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:33 AM

You should check out that link I posted. It has the region prices.

http://eshop-checker.xyz/beta/#/

I went to the link you posted but that link seems to give you the best price in USA money out of all regions.  So I guess if I was interested in a game, I would go to that site, search the game and see which region it's the cheapest in and then add that to my Switch and buy it?  For example, Snipper Clips plus is cheapest in Japan and Hollow Knight is cheapest in Mexico.  I have to switch to each of those regions and buy from there to get the best price.  I would assume those games would be in that native language though correct?

#48 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:05 AM

I went to the link you posted but that link seems to give you the best price in USA money out of all regions. So I guess if I was interested in a game, I would go to that site, search the game and see which region it's the cheapest in and then add that to my Switch and buy it? For example, Snipper Clips plus is cheapest in Japan and Hollow Knight is cheapest in Mexico. I have to switch to each of those regions and buy from there to get the best price. I would assume those games would be in that native language though correct?

Yes, you can reference that for prices. For most of the good deals, people end up mentioning it somewhere. For example, the shovel knight treasure box was really cheap on the Mexican eshop when switch first launched. There was a thread about it back then.

The language would be whichever language the game supports. So, all the games I bought on the mexican eshop are in English. I imagine there are only a few titles that may only support japanese. Also, you can use an American credit card on the Mexican eshop. But not on say the Russian eshop.

#49 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

How often can you switch regions? I picked up Hollow Knight and Pocket Rumble and Crossing Souls is $7.86 for next week. Was just wondering if Nintendo would flag you.

#50 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

How often can you switch regions? I picked up Hollow Knight and Pocket Rumble and Crossing Souls is $7.86 for next week. Was just wondering if Nintendo would flag you.

That's an interesting question I would also like to know the answer to ...

Also, Hollow Knight is FRIGGIN great.

#51 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

That's an interesting question, I would also like to know the answer to ...

Also, Hollow Knight is FRIGGIN great.

I'll holding off on playing it until that free dlc drops next month. That Octopath deal from Target will hold me over!

#52 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1553 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

I'll holding off on playing it until that free dlc drops next month. That Octopath deal from Target will hold me over!

Deal on Octopath at Target? 

#53 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

Deal on Octopath at Target? 

Oh when Target had their annual F up and everyone cleaned up earlier this week. I just picked up Octopath, didn't go nuts.

#54 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:16 AM

The Messenger showing up for 2.04 USD on the Mexico eShop. Game looks really good. Comes out August 30th

#55 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:48 AM

Definitely gonna look into this.

#56 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:20 AM

The Messenger showing up for 2.04 USD on the Mexico eShop. Game looks really good. Comes out August 30th

I do not see it on the Mexico shop.

#57 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:40 AM

That's the price on the eShop checker so far. Went up 1cent. Maybe a pricing error.

#58 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:45 AM

I do not see it on the Mexico shop.

Yea, I don't see it either. 

#59 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:46 AM

That's the price on the eShop checker so far. Went up 1cent. Maybe a pricing error.

I see it there on the checker but it wont let you buy gives me an error also when I log into the Mexico eshop you cannot find the game...weird. If anyone has any luck let us know.

#60 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 18 August 2018 - 03:47 AM

Bahh read around that they took it off the Mexican eShop. Still keep an eye later.