Hollow Knight 7.49 on Mexico eShop (switch)

Just a heads up. Games worth 15 all day but half off is better.

Just switch your country to Mexico and it's good to go.afterwards you can switch back to your country .Make sure you spend any money you have on your account I had to. Buy a .99 game but had pretty much enough gold close to cover it.

I have about $100 in eshop credit from the various cdkeys and ebay card sales...so...definitely DONT do this, right?

edit: nope, I can just make a second account. That only applies to switching your original account's region. Nevermind. Thanks OP! 

I'm assuming this will translate to English right? I know that for Monster Hunter XX if you downloaded the Japanese version, there was no English language option and you were screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also worth noting..paldins is like 13 and stardew valley and enter the dungeon all receive 50% off.

Why do i need to spend all of my eshop credit if i switch to mexico to buy this?
You could just make another account on the systen (I THINK) if you want want to exhaust your funds. I'm more of a psyical collector dont do digital really. so maybe someone else can shed some light on this

It wouldn't let me go over to Mexico UNTIL I got rid of the 2 cents in my wallet. I think you'd have to call to have them get rid of your funds other then spending it.

I have to imagine this will be the sale price soon in the US eShop. It's already sold a ton, so if they see a big drop in sales, which is soon inevitable, they'll rush to put it on sale. $7.50 by the end of August - I'm calling it!

I did this successfully and then switched back, but the initial change to Mexico said it "unlinked me from my Nintendo Network ID"

I can't remember how to relink it (if I even care to as I don't even remember what this does)

Edit: Nevermind, I found where to relink it =)

to avoid tariffs, created by the racist toddler at the white house? :baby:
ACKtually it's because currency conversion rates fluctuate daily, and credit isn't a forex service you can capitalize on by constantly switching regions. It's a funny joke, but it crosses into the "thanks Obama for making my cereal soggy" area.

From what I recall weren’t Mexicans passed that other countries were taking advantage of this since Nintendo went and jacked up their prices?

Tiny Metal is like half the price there I believe as well, or atleast it was when I got it a few months ago

Kind of a spiritual successor to Advance Wars, though I havent had much time to play it myself yet.

Man need to pick this, Stardew Valley, and Paladins up. Can US eshop credit work if added when switched to Mexico? Would really like to use store credit then paypal.

Man need to pick this, Stardew Valley, and Paladins up. Can US eshop credit work if added when switched to Mexico? Would really like to use store credit then paypal.
No, when you switch your location on the webpage in your nintendo account settings, a page pops up explaining how it works. Eshop credits you earn from buying games is tied to that region only. I don't know about if you buy prepaid cards and such, cause I only use my credit card to buy things.

Can anyone link me to Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight? The browser keeps taking me to the US shop and I can’t find a search bar on the Mexican site.

When paying with US currency won’t you get some type of bank charges negating the savings, like PayPal fees for instance. That was always the case with those discounted eshop $10 for $7 cards imported from Europe or Russia. You’d pay $7 but your bank would tack on a $2 charge each time for foreign shopping or foreign currency.

When paying with US currency won’t you get some type of bank charges negating the savings, like PayPal fees for instance. That was always the case with those discounted eshop $10 for $7 cards imported from Europe or Russia. You’d pay $7 but your bank would tack on a $2 charge each time for foreign shopping or foreign currency.
The only fee is the high sales tax from Mexico. It's something like 15% I believe. The two games I bought ended up being like $.50 more.

*Edit* After checking again it might just be a difference in exchange rates or something. It doesn't look like I was even charged tax.

Some cards/banks have no exchange fee, those are the cards you want tied to the account.
Id switch for a few titles but i have credit on my account..

You should check out that link I posted. It has the region prices.
http://eshop-checker.xyz/beta/#/

I went to the link you posted but that link seems to give you the best price in USA money out of all regions. So I guess if I was interested in a game, I would go to that site, search the game and see which region it's the cheapest in and then add that to my Switch and buy it? For example, Snipper Clips plus is cheapest in Japan and Hollow Knight is cheapest in Mexico. I have to switch to each of those regions and buy from there to get the best price. I would assume those games would be in that native language though correct?

http://eshop-checker.xyz/beta/#/

I went to the link you posted but that link seems to give you the best price in USA money out of all regions. So I guess if I was interested in a game, I would go to that site, search the game and see which region it's the cheapest in and then add that to my Switch and buy it? For example, Snipper Clips plus is cheapest in Japan and Hollow Knight is cheapest in Mexico. I have to switch to each of those regions and buy from there to get the best price. I would assume those games would be in that native language though correct?
Yes, you can reference that for prices. For most of the good deals, people end up mentioning it somewhere. For example, the shovel knight treasure box was really cheap on the Mexican eshop when switch first launched. There was a thread about it back then.

The language would be whichever language the game supports. So, all the games I bought on the mexican eshop are in English. I imagine there are only a few titles that may only support japanese. Also, you can use an American credit card on the Mexican eshop. But not on say the Russian eshop.

How often can you switch regions? I picked up Hollow Knight and Pocket Rumble and Crossing Souls is $7.86 for next week. Was just wondering if Nintendo would flag you.

bread's done
Back