* * * - - 2 votes

Hollow Knight 7.49 on Mexico eShop (switch)

#91 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

On the eshop website, I'm now getting a "This service is undergoing maintenance" error code when trying to purchase the game.  Anybody else seeing issues?

Hopefully it clears up before the sale ends.

Are you talking about Hollow Knight? Did you trying buying it on the switch directly?

#92 Touch3  

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:28 AM

Are you talking about Hollow Knight? Did you trying buying it on the switch directly?

Yes, Hollow Knight. When I tried to access the Eshop on the console I got a similar “servers are under maintenance” message

Update: just now the console worked. Web version ended up saying “this page is not available in your region”

#93 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

Okay, I am going to go ahead and buy it on the Mexican eshop today.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Need to make an account and all that but worth it.  Any other games that are cheaper there and that are in English I should check out?

#94 Touch3  

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

Okay, I am going to go ahead and buy it on the Mexican eshop today.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Need to make an account and all that but worth it.  Any other games that are cheaper there and that are in English I should check out?

FYI it's back to normal price now.  Granted, the mexican price is still cheaper than the US price, but it's more like 7.90 instead of the $5.50 it was yesterday.

#95 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:04 PM

FYI it's back to normal price now.  Granted, the mexican price is still cheaper than the US price, but it's more like 7.90 instead of the $5.50 it was yesterday.

Oh I didn't realize it was a sale or when the sale ended.  You snooze you lose I guess.  Thanks for the heads up.

#96 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hoping The Messenger comes back to the Mexican shop. It releases tomorrow so maybe it will for the current price of ~$2.

#97 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1749 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

Hoping The Messenger comes back to the Mexican shop. It releases tomorrow so maybe it will for the current price of ~$2.

Add it to your wish list on the US eShop then switch over and you can purchase it on the MX eShop.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#98 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:33 PM

Add it to your wish list on the US eShop then switch over and you can purchase it on the MX eShop.

Thank you, that worked perfectly. Came out to $2.12 after PP currency conversion. A nice discount compared to $19.99 on US eShop ^^

#99 reynold4490   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

reynold4490

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

Brilliant! Worked like a charm!! I had already given up on snagging The Messenger at that ridiculous price.

#100 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6353 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

Holy dang, this is the MVP post of the month. Thank you.

#101 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2849 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

Thank you!! Just got it and decided to pick up into the breach as well while I was "In Mexico".

#102 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:39 PM

Wow thank you!!

#103 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   1013 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:45 PM

So there’s no way to use an eShop gift card purchased with trade credit at an American GameStop and then use it/add it to your account while on the Mexican eShop?

#104 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:55 PM

So there’s no way to use an eShop gift card purchased with trade credit at an American GameStop and then use it/add it to your account while on the Mexican eShop?

No. You can only use native currency on each eShop. Mexican eShop will not accept eShop card in USD.

#105 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:22 AM

Holy dang, this is the MVP post of the month. Thank you.

For real lol. I went to check out and forgot I had 50 gold coins in Mexico. I almost feel bad lol.

#106 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for sharing, I don't know much about this game but for $1.70 after using my gold coins from Hollow Knight I couldn't pass it up.  

#107 DarthPwner  

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:13 AM

Dude. Yes. Absolutely amazing! You are the man of the month!

#108 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:15 AM

Has anyone pre-ordered from a from a different region like this before then changed the account back to your local one? I comes out tomorrow so I guess it doesn't really matter, I'll just switch my account back after it's officially out.

Also, I expect them to try and do something to close this loophole. At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if the online service puts a stop to region switching. Not sure about regional differences in accounts mattering since the Switch itself is region free.

#109 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:05 AM

Okay so the Messenger can be had for that cheap?  I am getting it now. I need to create a mexican account or I can use my same account and just switch regions?  I don't think I have any money in my wallet on the eshop. Is the game in English?

I went ahead and created a mexican account.  I have $.45 cents on my US account.  Confused about how to just Switch over.  I don't have paypal or a credit card set up yet. Are you referring to the address change section on my account page? I go to my main USA account and add the messenger to my wish list and then on my same USA account I change the address to Mexico and then I am able to buy from that region for $2.12? I added the game to my wish list and then logged into the mexican account but the game wasn't there.  Little confused here as this is my first time.  Should I not use a CC and use paypal instead?  Will my $.45 be gone if I buy from my main account?  I don't care cuz it's only 45 cents but still curious. I'll see if I can figure it out.

**Edit oh okay so I go to the website and change to mexico there.  I've noticed there are 3 $.99 cent games on the US shop. I bought 2 of them to clear my account to $0.00.

EDIT** Okay I did it!  I changed my region on the website and it came out to 38.78 pesos when I logged back in the mexican eshop.  That converts to $2.04 even though my email has pesos currently.  Thanks CAG and theflicker!! Hopefully my $.99 game finds can repay you a little.

So new question now.  Do I leave my region as Mexico until I download the game tomorrow and then I can switch back?

#110 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

Freeze Time, you can SWITCH back as soon as you pay. Game is live now btw folks.

#111 Touch3  

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

The Messenger currently showing MX$387.81 ($20 USD) on the mexican eshop website.  Not sure if console showing the same as I don't have my Switch with me.

#112 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

The Messenger currently showing MX$387.81 ($20 USD) on the mexican eshop website.  Not sure if console showing the same as I don't have my Switch with me.

They must have fixed it when it released, I paid 33.78 MX last night for the preorder. No other pending charges or anything to correct it.

#113 BearAntlers   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

BearAntlers

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

Dang it, sad I missed The Messenger at that price. I did pick up Into the Breach though.

#114 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

Dang it, sad I missed The Messenger at that price. I did pick up Into the Breach though.

Keep an eye out for a sale on Messenger. So far, it's an awesome retro platformer. And apparently midway through, the game flips up the script hardcore, but I don't want to spoil it for myself, so im not exactly sure what happens ...

#115 waffulls   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

waffulls

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

Transistor is $9.77 on the Mexican eShop to pre order. Price may go up like The Messenger upon release. Also the price his been fluctuating a few cents by he day.