Darksiders 3 Blades & Whip Edition (Digital Xbox One) - $40

ProtagonistZero

CAGiversary!
So, originally I thought this was some kind of mistake, but when I spoke with Xbox Customer Support, they confirmed that it is legit. 

If you purchase the Darksiders Fury's Collection on the Xbox Digital Store ($39.99), it includes a copy of Darksiders 3 - Blades & Whip Edition ($89.99 normally). 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/darksiders-furys-collection-war-and-death/bpr5gfhr9gtz

They also confirmed, as was in my case, that if you already purchased the Darksiders Fury's Collection, you already have Darksiders 3 - Blades & Whip Edition included. I verified this by going to the Darksiders 3 - Blades & Whip Edition store page, and it says it's already preordered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt this will be the case on PS4 but it would be awesome if it is. I'm thinking it will it revoked since that's borderline a steal at that price.

I am in for 1. Loved the first one, not overly fond of the second one. Let's see how this bundle plays out.

Personally not gonna do it. I will resist! The first one was great, second was meh, and I have them both a couple times over. Buying this just for the third negates my cheap-assness.

I think I have about 15 versions of Darksiders already. I think the only reason they make those games are to give them away.

this must be a mistake. I don't understand why a $40 collection would include a $90 new game. But it shows all three as owned now for me

I am interested in this but I have a question about preorder collector editions on XBL.

Do preorder bonuses show up as separate codes in your Xbox message inbox? Or will the bonus item (the preorder skin for this Darksiders 3 edition) come as a bundled installation with the base game together? TIA

The fact that people can click install to Xbox One on the Dark Siders III MS web store page even if you bought the combo last year tells me this is going to get nuked like a free Fallout 4 situation. I clicked anyway since I didn't own it yet but I'm not going to start 1 and 2 up till the dust settles in case I have to refund them. They are both on game pass already and are in the PSN summer sale for $1.99 each. 

this must be a mistake. I don't understand why a $40 collection would include a $90 new game. But it shows all three as owned now for me
Yeah it's a mistake on XBL, the same collection exists on PSN as well but is only 1 & 2, the price itself is technically correct it just shouldn't include 3.

Too good a deal to pass up, looks like other sites reporting legit also, can't wait, loved the first two, will have to replay.

Came here to post about this but seems I'm way late to the party heh. Still live as of right now. Too bad I could never get into these games; I think I'm just past playing platformers anymore.

Came here to post about this but seems I'm way late to the party heh. Still live as of right now. Too bad I could never get into these games; I think I'm just past playing platformers anymore.
Darksiders isn't a platformer. It plays a lot like Zelda.

mine is a weird issue. I own DS2DE but not the first one....but have gamepass. It says i preordered DS3BW....hope i still get it.

Yes way before lol
I think the definitive editions are all linked to DS3 at the moment. So in listing DS3 for preorder somebody at MS linked the preorder to the other two games. I wouldn't be surprised if anybody that had already purchased DS1 also has DS3 automatically preordered as well. With Gamepass you save an additional 20% so that's a great deal for DS3 if they end up honoring it.

Thinking about the Fury bundle but I don't know if they'll give me the preorder bonus code separately or not.

Thanks for the tip OP. I can confirm, I bought the fury collection on sale for $20 and its saying I own Darksiders 3 whips chains ultimate bdsm edition 

Looks like they have removed Darksiders 3 from the Collection, which means it now says I don't own Darksiders 3. The pricing error is corrected. 

Thank goodness I didn't jump on this.  My disdain for remasters outweighed my love of exploits, and saves the day.

I'm still going to get Darksiders 3 though, as I'm a huge fan of the others.  I just don't support remasters.

I had a similar "discussion" with someone a while ago who tried to tell me that Ratchet and Clank was a shooter because it had guns....Just because a game has elements from other genre's does not make it part of said genre.

FFX-2 has platforming, so does FF15, but they are by NO MEANS platformers.

I had a similar "discussion" with someone a while ago who tried to tell me that Ratchet and Clank was a shooter because it had guns....Just because a game has elements from other genre's does not make it part of said genre.

FFX-2 has platforming, so does FF15, but they are by NO MEANS platformers.
FF15 is a RTS

That's fine. You're wrong though.
Except that all Mario games, Tomb Raider, Zelda and plenty of others are considered platform-adventure games. Just because the graphics become prettier and the rough edges are worn away doesn't change their core gameplay, even on a 3D plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except that all Mario games, Tomb Raider, Zelda and plenty of others are considered platform-adventure games. Just because the graphics become prettier and the rough edges are worn away doesn't change their core gameplay, even on a 3D plane.
Tomb raider is a dating sim so

bread's done
Back